2nds 2023 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned it on.

Really nice pass and poise from Dev. Then strong mark albeit bad kick.

He’s further back this year than he was last year really. Small forward role - behind Lohmann as next in. Inside mid - Lyons. Wing - ah chee AND sharp. He might even be behind Cockatoo for mid forward role.

Boys need to switch on here. This English comm will blow a gasket if Frankston hit the lead.

Just turned it on.

Really nice pass and poise from Dev. Then strong mark albeit bad kick.

He’s further back this year than he was last year really. Small forward role - behind Lohmann as next in. Inside mid - Lyons. Wing - ah chee AND sharp. He might even be behind Cockatoo for mid forward role.

Boys need to switch on here. This English comm will blow a gasket if Frankston hit the lead.
Just wanted to mention as well that Dev currently has had 19 tackles for the game :eekv1:

Next best by any player tonight is 7 :$

EDIT: Dev finished with 21 tackles for the whole game, really professional performance (BOG) :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention as well that Dev currently has had 19 tackles for the game so far :eekv1:

Next best by any player is 7 :$
I think he’ll make a good afl player. He’s very strong. Can be a bit sloppy by foot. But makes things happen near goals.

I’d chase him hard if i were west coast and play him 70/30 pressure forward/inside mid

I’d chase him hard if i were west coast and play him 70/30 pressure forward/inside mid
It’s a shame cause he will be a good future midfielder / pressure forward in the AFL but that will be unfortunately at another club most likely now, given the depth our club has now in those roles + Levi Ashcroft hopefully coming in at the end of 2024 as well.

Wish him well whatever route he takes though, if that’s with us or another club (come the end of the year) :thumbsu:

Wouldn't have thought the weather would suit Tom as a strategic sub.
Maybe Tom’s selection is insurance depth in our tall department for tomorrows match, if god forbid Andrews or Gardiner got injured and then we are officially screwed :huh:

Wouldn't have thought the weather would suit Tom as a strategic sub.
In general travelling teams like to take a tall as insurance and a short as a sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21 (!) tackles by Dev vs Frankston. That's just nuts. Why is he second to the ball so often?
Especially strange numbers at VFL level too...

Mini-match link; full match, highlight packages for Harry Sharp and Jarryd Lyons also here:

Bruce Reville once again confirming the Lons erred in taking Blake Coleman over him, absolute howler.

Been dominant at QAFL level in a team marching to the wooden spoon too.

Bruce Reville once again confirming the Lons erred in taking Blake Coleman over him, absolute howler.

What ever club you ran in the past must have purring along, hey Miller? You always seem to have all the answers.

Never run one, just commenting on the young talent in QLD. Didn't know that wasn't allowed?
Just another pot shot in hindsight on the back of one good game. But I'm sure Reville's 11 games (for 4 goals return) in the VFL last year were brilliant ones too. Or is your defintion of "absolute howler" somehow not what I'm thinking it is?

I don't much rate what Blake's been able to put on the park and think he'll be short odds for a delistment, but if you somehow think Bruce is far ahead of him... well, let's just say I don't think much of your assessment on young talent.

The only reason I asked if you ran a club is you make every choice sound so easy. I can only assume you knew from experience.

May still be available for Lions this offseason for a rookie spot.
Blake could get delisted and swapped for a dominant Bruce Reville.

I suspect part of the Blake Coleman decision was bigger picture stuff within our list management thinking, although having said that Collingwood were really keen to get him.

I suspect part of the Blake Coleman decision was bigger picture stuff within our list management thinking, although having said that Collingwood were really keen to get him.
I have heard Kiddy say on more than 1 occasion that he was a massive Collingwood fan growing up. Pretty sure that Blake was too so there may have been some thought that if Blake got there Kiddy might want to follow.
But you would want to back the culture of the club to keep him either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back