Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 11 - 22 Fixture
The rest of the VFL home and away fixture is out:

Round 11:
Bye
Round 12:
Saturday, June 10 - Box Hill Hawks vs. Brisbane Lions - Box Hill City Oval, 12:05pm
Round 13:
Saturday, June 17 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney - Brighton Homes Arena, 11:05am
Round 14:
Saturday, June 24 - Sandringham vs. Brisbane Lions - RSEA Park, 11:05am
Round 15:
Friday, June 30 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond – Brighton Homes Arena, 11:05am
Round 16:
Saturday, July 8 - Northern Bullants vs. Brisbane Lions – Genis Steel Oval, 12:05pm
Round 17:
Bye
Round 18:
Saturday, July 22 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong Cats – Brighton Homes Arena, 11:05am
Round 19:
Saturday, July 29 - Gold Coast SUNS vs. Brisbane Lions – Heritage Bank Stadium, 12:05pm
Round 20:
Bye
Round 21:
Saturday, August 12 - Brisbane Lions vs. Williamstown – Brighton Homes Arena, 11:05am
Round 22:
Sunday, August 20 - Casey Demons vs. Brisbane Lions – Casey Fields, 12:05pm

Reckon we will debut in back half of year
I think you right Miller he will probably play, but time will tell if he has the goods or not. Just not sure what type of forward he plays on?

Say Collingwood I reckon McStay, Johnson, Checkers all eat him alive?

He gets third tall at best but even then I think he may be up against it. But hopefully I am wrong and he can get a crack at it and do well as he is a good bloke.

Round 11:
Bye
Round 12:
Saturday, June 10 - Box Hill Hawks vs. Brisbane Lions - Box Hill City Oval, 12:05pm
Round 13:
Round 14:
Round 15:
Round 16:
Saturday, July 8 - Northern Bullants vs. Brisbane Lions – Genis Steel Oval, 12:05pm
Round 17:
Bye
Round 18:
Saturday, July 22 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong Cats – Brighton Homes Arena, 11:05am
Round 19:
Saturday, July 29 - Gold Coast SUNS vs. Brisbane Lions – Heritage Bank Stadium, 12:05pm
Round 20:
Bye
Round 21:
Saturday, August 12 - Brisbane Lions vs. Williamstown – Brighton Homes Arena, 11:05am
Round 22:
Very soft draw

Not allowed under mid season draft rules I think. Can’t play against club you are recruited from.
false abraham simpson GIF

Not allowed under mid season draft rules I think. Can’t play against club you are recruited from.
There's plenty of caveats in that rule.

If a player selected in the mid-season rookie draft stays in his home State he is ineligible to play against his previous club unless agreed by all parties.

Arnold wasn't drafted within his home state so the rule immediately does not apply. However "previous club" in this context is mainly to allay the concerns of WAFL/SANFL clubs (though it also holds for the VFL), and for AFL reserves I think most clubs would just say that it's fine to play the draftee against them because they're not too fussed about W/L (again, unlike WAFL and SANFL clubs).

Round 11:
Bye
Round 12:
Round 13:
Round 14:
Round 15:
Round 16:
Round 17:
Bye
Round 18:
Round 19:
Round 20:
Bye
Round 21:
Round 22:
Biggest revelation here is that my beloved Cramer Street is apparently now known as 'Genis Steel Oval'. Really hoping that isn't a typo, too.

Last edited:
So easy in hindsight though. It's easy to understand the logic behind going Joyce. Guaranteed we'd have gone Arnold if we had this body of work to make a judgement on.
Not really at all; quite a few reserves watchers that were all in on Harry and when it was apparent Adams would play in 23 said Harry should have been the man. I doubt Joyce gets another afl game and really showed zero at Saints whereas Harry was a local QLDer and is twice the footy player of Joyce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People getting pretty excited over Harry, some I'm sure have probably not watched more than 5mins of him playing. I'm sure Harry will make a decent afl player but I thought Joyce was a decent depth option.

With Harris and Payne, I'm pretty happy with where we are at for the next few years.

Harry was injured and we needed a KPD for round one. Been mentioned a few times.
He was injured towards the back of last year but he had a great pre-season ? I know Lachie talked him up on Jan 18 as in the frontline for that defender spot.For whatever reason they have gone with Joyce.

Unfortunately, the "work experience" cameraman struggling to follow the flight of the ball. A couple of times he's even lost it completely.
Sometimes happens when they get a contractor who's unfamiliar with covering the sport i.e. if they're more used to rugby or soccer. And if you work in sports broadcasting these days, the majority are contractors.

POSITIONPLAYER#PLAYER#PLAYER#
BKeidean Coleman18Lockie Rayner57Ryan Lester35
HBDarragh Joyce41Tahj Abberley48Callum Ah Chee4
CJaspa Fletcher28Kyle Dunkley52Harry Sharp22
HFKai Lohmann1Nakia Cockatoo12James Tunstill29
FDarryl McDowell-White50Tom Fullarton21Wylie Buzza59
FOLLDarcy Fort32Noah Answerth43Jarryd Lyons17
INT
Blake Coleman13Henry Smith25Kalin Lane45
B. Reville49Elijah Glass*63
EMGBailey Gordon47Joel Buddarick51Wilson Barry54
Jackson Hille55Patrick McCarthy58Owen Collins61

POSITIONPLAYER#PLAYER#PLAYER#
BKeidean Coleman18Lockie Rayner57Ryan Lester35
HBDarragh Joyce41Tahj Abberley48Callum Ah Chee4
CJaspa Fletcher28Kyle Dunkley52Harry Sharp22
HFKai Lohmann1Nakia Cockatoo12James Tunstill29
FDarryl McDowell-White50Tom Fullarton21Wylie Buzza59
FOLLDarcy Fort32Noah Answerth43Jarryd Lyons17
INTBlake Coleman13Henry Smith25Kalin Lane45
B. Reville49Elijah Glass*63
EMGBailey Gordon47Joel Buddarick51Wilson Barry54
Jackson Hille55Patrick McCarthy58Owen Collins61
Think Lester a bit stiff as I thought he was going ok in seniors. Maybe starting to finally look at future and get some minutes into some disgruntled VFL boys not getting opportunities.

The Coleman decision is mind boggling considering McCarthy, Gunston, Raynor etc continue to have minimal output but seem untouchable at selection table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back