2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Me thinking, in an ideal world, Lombard will receive bid after pick 10 (Suns will know when the bid comes before draft).

If Suns want to bring another top talent I would use pick 7 in draft.

Otherwise, I would shop pick 7 around for crazy overs like last year with pick 4.

We will have to pay overs for Rioli and possibly to lesser extent for Noble.

Tigers fans scream pick 7 or no deal but I expect Tigers will accept overs in the form of pick 13 + something.

Get F1 for Luko as part of the deal.
Agree, get the deal done now to sell off pick 7 so can’t be in the Rioli deal, offer them 13 and 20, that’s still well over what’s he’s worth and they wouldn’t be able to resist as his value is only going to go down next year

13 + 20 for D Rioli seems like unders to me. They will slide to 15 + 23 at least or worse.

He's probably going to win our B&F this year and is contracted.

Don't know what the GCS TPP situation is like but we can also afford to pay a large portion of Rioli's wages to improve the deal for GCS who can spend the money on someone else like Mac.

If I'm RFC, I'm asking for 6 + 13 with wages going to GCS (easily $500k/year).

13 + 20 for D Rioli seems like unders to me. They will slide to 15 + 23 at least or worse.

Don't know what the GCS TPP situation is like but we can also afford to pay a large portion of Rioli's wages to improve the deal for GCS who can spend the money on someone else like Mac.

Your are Richmond
I think you're on the wrong board?
You can delete and repost on the main board or politely **** off
Don't need your brain dead ramblings here
Everyone wants a pony and a giant pool slide

Your are Richmond
I think you're on the wrong board?
You can delete and repost on the main board or politely **** off
Don't need your brain dead ramblings here
Everyone wants a pony and a giant pool slide

Is there a 'no oppo posts' rule? I didn't see one anywhere.

Usually I enjoy discussions with opposition fans - they're often less one-eyed than people from the RFC board.

Evidently you may be an exception to that, given how rude you are. I doubt you'd speak to me or anyone this way face to face or you'd probably get a slap over the head.

I would have thought if 13 becomes 15, because of bidding on academy players, F/S's etc., then the player you valued at 13 would still be there at 15..............

Can someone explain where I'm going wrong...serious question.....I just don't get it.

If Luko leaves the Suns will have no issue paying Rioli's salary. There may well be no issue anyway, it's all guesswork.

As I said in the Rioli thread, Richmond need to pay someone next year to meet the minimum. Makes sense they want to buy picks and solve a problem. Why do the Suns need to accommodate that though?

The two clubs have done a few deals in recent years, so I'm sure something will get worked out.

If Luko leaves the Suns will have no issue paying Rioli's salary. There may well be no issue anyway, it's all guesswork.

As I said in the Rioli thread, Richmond need to pay someone next year to meet the minimum. Makes sense they want to buy picks and solve a problem. Why do the Suns need to accommodate that though?

The two clubs have done a few deals in recent years, so I'm sure something will get worked out.

I'd actually consider Lukosius for us, personally, although I reckon a lot of RFC fans would disagree. Our forward stocks are horrendously poor - can't see Lynch playing 15+ games/year, Lefau out with an ACL until probably mid-25, Kosi very limited, only kids in Brown + Bauer as young forwards worth playing.

As for the Suns, they may have other targets in mind which would make Rioli's wages of interest wiht respect to Richmond.

I'd actually consider Lukosius for us, personally, although I reckon a lot of RFC fans would disagree. Our forward stocks are horrendously poor - can't see Lynch playing 15+ games/year, Lefau out with an ACL until probably mid-25, Kosi very limited, only kids in Brown + Bauer as young forwards worth playing.

As for the Suns, they may have other targets in mind which would make Rioli's wages of interest wiht respect to Richmond.
Possibly, but I'd also suggest that getting Noble gives the Suns the option to walk away from a Rioli deal if it's too expensive. Can always try again next year when he is cheaper if they feel Richmond is being unreasonable.

From Richmond's point of view he's not getting them a better pick next year, and he wants to leave. Will they hold an unhappy player for another season?

I would have thought if 13 becomes 15, because of bidding on academy players, F/S's etc., then the player you valued at 13 would still be there at 15..............

Can someone explain where I'm going wrong...serious question.....I just don't get it.
All depends on how you look at it...

13th best player excluding Lombard and Ashcroft

15th best player if you are including all players in the draft field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently interest around Jack Martin returning to qld, you would think more from Brisbane than us surely

All depends on how you look at it...

13th best player excluding Lombard and Ashcroft

15th best player if you are including all players in the draft field
OK this how I look at it....
At pick 12 Lombard and Ashcroft are avail..........a club, lets say Port, bids on Lombard and Suns match....Lombard goes to Suns with #12
At pick 13 Ashcroft is bid on and lions match.....Ashcroft goes to lions with #13
#14 now becomes Port's pick.....and they take the bloke they were originally going to take at #12
and #15 stills gets the same player they would have gotten at #13, cause they didn't have access to Ports pick at #12....

Apparently interest around Jack Martin returning to qld, you would think more from Brisbane than us surely
Yeah hell no, as Bodsy would say that bedwetter can stay put. Thought the grass would be greener and found out the hard way. Ead.

OK this how I look at it....
At pick 12 Lombard and Ashcroft are avail..........a club, lets say Port, bids on Lombard and Suns match....Lombard goes to Suns with #12
At pick 13 Ashcroft is bid on and lions match.....Ashcroft goes to lions with #13
#14 now becomes Port's pick.....and they take the bloke they were originally going to take at #12
and #15 stills gets the same player they would have gotten at #13, cause they didn't have access to Ports pick at #12....
This is how I look at it. (Unless a club actually want Lombard or Ashcroft over another player, of course).

It also pushes back the value of the pick, from a points perspective, should a club later down the line want to draft a player with points form picks.

But apart from that, it doesn’t mean anything. As said—and as I’ve said before—the player at Pick 12 will still be there at Pick 14 if it is pushed back due to two bids or other players.

Only supporters and media care for the perceived value of a pick number on a player. Getting a 12 makes them feel better or more hype than a 14…

WILL MONEY SCUPPER ANY LUKOSIUS MOVE?

Jack Lukosius will have to consider whether to take a pay cut or move to a second club as his back-ended contract creates challenges for clubs assessing his value.

The 24-year-old Gold Coast swingman has been told he can assess his options but would ideally love to stay on the coast with his mates under coach Damien Hardwick.

Clubs chasing Lukosius believe he is yet to fully commit to actually moving to a new club and might even be keen to stay even if it costs him financially.

He has two more years of a back-ended deal that averages out at about $850,000 but hits around $950,000 in the next two years.

He could volunteer to take less money — potentially for the security of another season.

But with the Suns in contract negotiations with a bevy of star players it would create valuable salary cap room if he did move on.

Key defenders Sam Collins and Mac Andrew are contracted for 2025 but in talks on new deals, with Matt Rowell and Charlie Ballard also contracted for another year but sure to sign extensions.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide have interest in Lukosius, who does not play a physical brand of football but kicked 39.22 last year.

He would also add some silky delivery to the Crows forward line as he used his foot skills to deliver the ball to Riley Thilthorpe and Darcy Fogarty.

The Suns are hopeful they will sign strong-bodied midfielder Alex Davies on a two-year deal despite interest from clubs including Collingwood.

I doubt the club would of chased Rioli if they didn’t have the cap space

Rioli may win your B&F but in all honesty a really poor team, the contracted part is fair enough but he’s not a 25 yo gun mid or a key position forward, he is a 28yo HBF with 4 years left in him, 13 and 20 is very generous IMO, it will get sorted

Honestly love Luko..
Stays, goes, whatever.. but if he turns his back on going home to stay for less money, knowing that he’s going to have to work his ass off to be guaranteed a game in the seniors. He is the exact kind of person you want at your football club
Maybe we were writing him off too early that he wanted to cut and run. But this implies he would like to stay and could sacrifice a bit of money for an extra year for security

Maybe we were writing him off too early that he wanted to cut and run. But this implies he would like to stay and could sacrifice a bit of money for an extra year for security
Especially considering we’ve kind of shown him the door… maybe not shown the door, but offered it.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back