2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide still chasing moyle and luko despite them both wanting to stay. FMD they’re turning the leeching up to 11 this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The level of disdain I have for them has gone to an unfathomable amount. Grubs.

Last edited:

I think everyone would be fine with Ainsworth staying, hopefully it doesn't break the bank. But I'd be happy giving him a 4 year deal.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
You'd think other Clubs will to try and prise Benny out of Carrara with a 5 year deal
He seemed quite chummy with the Essendon players post siren last Sunday
I love him as a player but how much and how long can we offer him?
It hurts me to say it but it can't be more than 4 Benny

Our midfield is fine IMO.

Just off last nights performance, Moyle got another drubbing by Marshall which affected the midfields effectiveness.

If we added LDU, that is way too much investment into the midfield unless you are offloading one of Miller, Rowell or Anderson

That run off HB though is missing, Sexton was pretty ineffective and would be an easy replacement for Rioli and I would be moving Flanders back to the guts for Powell to slip back into his spot.

A midfield rotation of Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Flanders, Graham, Humphrey (eventually) would be good.

Just off last nights performance, Moyle got another drubbing by Marshall which affected the midfields effectiveness.

If we added LDU, that is way too much investment into the midfield unless you are offloading one of Miller, Rowell or Anderson

That run off HB though is missing, Sexton was pretty ineffective and would be an easy replacement for Rioli and I would be moving Flanders back to the guts for Powell to slip back into his spot.

A midfield rotation of Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Flanders, Graham, Humphrey (eventually) would be good.

Flanders is fine off HB but he is a midfielder. Should go back to the mids if he can be replaced with a running HB.

But that is part of the problem. Atm, we need to replace Sexton first, then Flanders. So we need two.

That position will be a big watch next off-season.
Where does Flanders play? He trained with the mids all off-season before Dimma realised we are shite back there and broke the emergency glass. Does he train as a HB this time?
Can we get Rioli?
Can Weller give us anything?
Where does Powell play? Might be needed/better suited to wing.
Budarick?
Will Dimma move Graham back there cause he is fast, a competitive beast, strong tackler, and a good kick? Might be lateral movement that is the issue which is a strength for Flanders.

It's a nice midfield, but can it turn a tide? The evidence suggests not

It's a nice midfield, but can it turn a tide? The evidence suggests not
Would argue against Essendon in the last quarter they did. Rowell and Anderson lifted in the last quarter in that game with 10+ touches to get us the win.

They had an immature ruck and both had bad games which all players can have, all ingredients to losing pretty considerably in the middle.

Would argue against Essendon in the last quarter they did. Rowell and Anderson lifted in the last quarter in that game with 10+ touches to get us the win.

They had an immature ruck and both had bad games which all players can have, all ingredients to losing pretty considerably in the middle.
Couldn't lift against the dogs, brisbane, carlton or st kilda though. If Humphries and Flanders are the answer, put them in there and let's see but it's unproven at this point

if we give up a first for Rioli or two 1st like tigers fans think (haha) i'll spew up. We are lacking speed like a warner type not a HB role that is dam easy to find in the big picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we give up a first for Rioli or two 1st like tigers fans think (haha) i'll spew up. We are lacking speed like a warner type not a HB role that is dam easy to find in the big picture.
Richmond wont trade D. Rioli for a pick thats likely to be 10+ when contracted for another 3 years
would have to be significant overs to let a Rioli walk out the door

Richmond wont trade D. Rioli for a pick thats likely to be 10+ when contracted for another 3 years
would have to be significant overs to let a Rioli walk out the door
I agree, the price will be too steep, need to find other options

I agree, the price will be too steep, need to find other options
I think the Lombard bid thats going to come in the top 10 will effect decisions on what GC are prepared to pay regarding draft picks. But im sure GC would know the price will be high and if they are considering that then they would be willing to cough up the picks. How strong will Dimma's push will be is another factor

We definitely need a player with line breaking speed and skill, not sure if that's rioli but whoever it is we need him. It's not a big deal if we pay overs because as long as we get Lombard, rioli* and a creative, goalkicking forward( dusty) we have cleaned up. We don't need more top end draft picks, our time is now and if we can start being successful we attract free agents, add that with our academy lads coming through we are set

Draft picks are overrated. We could hope we get someone as good as Rioli with a first round pick, then they would take a few years to get to the level anyway. We have enough young talent
Draft picks pay for our academy players.
Or to trade for mature players.

Will need a another good pick this year for Lombard and another top pick next year for Uwland especially if the rules change.

Which lessens the currency we have of landing a mature big fish

Melbourne drafted Brayshaw, Petracca, Oliver in 2014-2015 then didn't draft another first rounder till 2019 in Luke Jackson. Traded for May, Lever in that window.

I know we got academy kids to pay for but we need to fill the gaps with mature aged talent, we'll never get better. We need experienced players asap

A recent example is Sydney, Gulden, Warner, McDonald, Blakey all drafted same time as our core, but they went and got Grundy, Adams, Jordon & Francis without overpaying.

Draft picks pay for our academy players.
Or to trade for mature players.

Will need a another good pick this year for Lombard and another top pick next year for Uwland especially if the rules change.

Which lessens the currency we have of landing a mature big fish
Exactly trade for mature players. What is a 18yo kid going to do better than Rioli next year?
Walter was supposedly ready to come in and dominate straight away and he has struggled massively.
We need speed and skills off the HB line so desperately bad. A 18yo kid isn't going to fix that next year, then it's another year of waiting. I personally, am sick of waiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back