2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon we should have another crack at Isaac Heeney

Oliver, and Macrae into the midfield. Dusty and Rachelle into the forward line. Rioli into defence. Lombard our only pick.
That is a lot of picks we’d have to give up and still need to match Lombard. We must be trading out a couple of players to get that.

I like the thinking. Midfielder power, forward class and an actual halfback.

However…

Macrae is an upgrade Fiorini, yes. Definitely better, but similar accumulator type. We’d stick him on a wing and we’d all hate it.

Someone like Rachelle would be good. He wants more midfield minutes and wouldn’t get them with us. We can’t even give those minutes to Humphrey.

Oliver is an inside bull. We wanted him years ago and stuffed up our draft hand. But do we we want him now? We want a fast midfielder I think. We need disposal efficiency, something Olive is not known for.

Dusty is a big name, but isn’t what he was. I wouldn’t expect much of him if he came. Some mentorship and a few good games for the year. More of a goal threat than Holman? Sure. But that is a low bar for me.

Rioli is actually an improvement and allows us to move Weller elsewhere, as everyone knows he ain’t a defender!

However, in saying all that, sometimes you need to get people to the club to act as a circuit breaker. The club should explore all and any options.

anyone who is still suggesting martin didn't see him play yesterday, looked more cooked than my xmas roast.
I’m not sold on Martin. He is an onfield leader, like Ablett. So if his onfield exploits are down, I’m not sure how much he offers.

But we do need some kind of small forward. Assuming we do go for Rioli, that should be our next priority. We get it forward enough but are super reliant on King.

For instance, if Holman or Berry averaged 1.5 goals a game, we’d probably have won 2-3 more games just off that. Rosas staying fit and out of MRO trouble would also help…

So only Lombard invited for us (but the academies are broken, I heard!). Anyway, we need to be aggressive with our 3 first round picks on the trade table.

Pick him up and whatever players slide to our later picks or pre-list fringe academy players that aren’t selected under the new proposed rules.

However, if nobody trades want to come to our underperforming club, then this is a deep enough draft to find what we want still.

I’m not sold on Martin. He is an onfield leader, like Ablett. So if his onfield exploits are down, I’m not sure how much he offers.

But we do need some kind of small forward. Assuming we do go for Rioli, that should be our next priority. We get it forward enough but are super reliant on King.

For instance, if Holman or Berry averaged 1.5 goals a game, we’d probably have won 2-3 more games just off that. Rosas staying fit and out of MRO trouble would also help…
I believe we are 2nd best for inside 50s and second worst for converting inside 50s. Just improve conversion and we are there. I don't really care who scores. Just convert bloody opportunities.

I do hope Rogers can have a full pre-season and become another option forward.

Yesterday watching VFL, Lombard was better than Rogers. I loved his mongrel. Surely, Lombard gets games too.

Last edited:
READ AT OWN RISK.
Take some big balls…

But do we look at trading Bailey Humphrey

Signed for another 4 years end of 2028 you would think on nice coin after being a top 5 pick.

Averages 11touches a game.
Goes missing when needed.
Is he home sick? What’s the issue?

Could we trade him out for a mature 26-27 year old
New club picks up his contract. Etc
Yes Richmond… I’m also looking at you… Bailey and a second Rd pick for Rioli

READ AT OWN RISK.
Take some big balls…

Signed for another 4 years end of 2028 you would think on nice coin after being a top 5 pick.

So you want to trade our own Martin and 2nd Rd pick for Rioli? That's where you lost me, haha.

Maybe 2nd year blues? Dimma still did not figure out how to use him?

That sub role against Cats showed how good he can be.

Let's see how he goes in year 3. He could be our most talented player with Mac. I will wait before trading him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you want to trade our own Martin and 2nd Rd pick for Rioli? That's where you lost me, haha.

Maybe 2nd year blues? Or Dimma still did not figure it out how to use him?

Let's see how he goes in year 3.
And TBH Humphrey is more Jack watts then Dustin Martin right now.

And how’s Dimma going to find out how to use him if we bring in Rioli Martin and Lombard.

With homegrown Roger’s waiting in the wings.

Bailey won’t even be best 22 next year unless he somehow kicks someone out of the midfield rotation… all of which can’t perform anywhere other then in the midfield.

If he doesn’t perform in 2025 and another 11touches a game and under a goal a game. For a third straight year. His currency is gone and we are stuck with his contract.

And how’s Dimma going to find out how to use him if we bring in Rioli Martin and Lombard.

With homegrown Roger’s waiting in the wings.

Bailey won’t even be best 22 next year unless he somehow kicks someone out of the midfield rotation… all of which can’t perform anywhere other then in the midfield.

If he doesn’t perform in 2025 and another 11touches a game and under a goal a game. For a third straight year. His currency is gone and we are stuck with his contract.
He definitely can play forward/midfield. Re-watch Cats game. Just not in good form, lost some confidence.

We need to mix it up more in the middle. Rowell play less minutes there. Anderson pisses me often as inside midfileder. He should spend more time on the wing. Lombard will not play 22 games.

Martin who knows how many games he can play just standing forward, slow with no pressure. Rioli is HB. Rogers is still just hope.

Holman, Berry go to VFL creating spots forward.

READ AT OWN RISK.
Take some big balls…

Oh boy… I thought a few day away from here would be enough. Guess I’ll give it another week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That is a lot of picks we’d have to give up and still need to match Lombard. We must be trading out a couple of players to get that.

I like the thinking. Midfielder power, forward class and an actual halfback.

However…

Macrae is an upgrade Fiorini, yes. Definitely better, but similar accumulator type. We’d stick him on a wing and we’d all hate it.

Someone like Rachelle would be good. He wants more midfield minutes and wouldn’t get them with us. We can’t even give those minutes to Humphrey.

Oliver is an inside bull. We wanted him years ago and stuffed up our draft hand. But do we we want him now? We want a fast midfielder I think. We need disposal efficiency, something Olive is not known for.

Dusty is a big name, but isn’t what he was. I wouldn’t expect much of him if he came. Some mentorship and a few good games for the year. More of a goal threat than Holman? Sure. But that is a low bar for me.

Rioli is actually an improvement and allows us to move Weller elsewhere, as everyone knows he ain’t a defender!
Dusty is a FA
Dogs own first rounder back for macrae
Luko to Melbourne for Oliver and half his salary
Ballard to Crows for Rachelle
1st rounder and steak knives for Rioli

READ AT OWN RISK.
Take some big balls…

ross the boss had the same issue with a high draft pick, and finally played him in the guts pou

hardwick needs to try something different, we use a 32 year old ex captain to tag yet we have Humphrey wasting away in a pocket. heck even yze did it as a learning tool last week.

i'd let lukosius go before bailey, jack just doesn't have the desire to make it long term in a flag team

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back