2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a rumour we might not suck next year any truth to this rumour?
I heard a rumour that Tony Lockett will be coming out of retirement to play for the suns and that even though he never played for them the Tigers want pick six for him

I heard a rumour that Tony Lockett will be coming out of retirement to play for the suns and that even though he never played for them the Tigers want pick six for him
You've got a hell of a task trying to talk sense into Adelaide nuffies AND Richmond nuffies.

Kaine Baldwin delisted after I think another acl from Essendon.

One time academy listed player

Worth a list spot to apprentice under Collo

If we do delist Brock, maybe we look at other slightly more mature or developing options. Need to keep some depth there.

He’s only 193cm but I remember when he did play at Afl level the bombers fans were talking his leg up like jordan Ridley, but yeah another acl is not a good thing. Rookie wage worth a gamble

Wild. I really hope that half of that isn’t true. Not one deal there is fair, except maybe Bolton as a young, X-factor player under contract. And even then, he is very inconsistent and would depend on what picks.

But our Pick 6 is the worst deal of the lot. Unbelievable that this is the starting point in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wild. I really hope that half of that isn’t true. Not one deal there is fair, except maybe Bolton as a young, X-factor player under contract. And even then, he is very inconsistent and would depend on what picks.

But our Pick 6 is the worst deal of the lot. Unbelievable that this is the starting point in the media.
C'mon.....it's VIC media.....you know how it works....they're there to sell it to a mainly Vic audience, so everything has to favour Vic clubs..;)

Very poor from the club. Shelley is a very reliable source on FB. Common Dimma/Cameron. What a s**t treatment.
Shelley Bee
Sam Day had an offer of one more year on the table via his manager, he was thrilled and it was retracted last week by the club with little explanation as to the change of heart - feeling a little disheartened that a long term 14 year Sun has been treated this way.
😞
I know footy can be brutal at times and tough decisions need to be made but we do have a history even if it’s only short and Sam has been part of that for 14 years. Makes me concerned for what’s to come for Dave and I would hope we do better by those who were loyal when others were jumping ship.

Last edited:
Very poor from the club. Shelley is a very reliable source on FB. Common Dimma/Cameron.
While I agree that Day is solid depth—he even played very well when given a chance this year—he is very injury prone. Very.

Personally, I’d give him a year. It’s him or Casboult. Day has the club history.

And 1 year deals are what we should be moving to for players like Sexton, Day, Swallow etc. the 30+ year olds who have been at the club and stood by the club. But to be honest, their loyalty was well and truely paid for. So now go one year at a time to give absolute freedom for the club and incentive for the player to stay fit and on the park.

But if they weren’t going to offer a contract, these players should have a chance to retire in front of members at the home ground.

Very poor from the club. Shelley is a very reliable source on FB. Common Dimma/Cameron. What a s**t treatment.

Deserved another year for sure. Can’t lose corbett McLaughlin Chol day Casboult Luko in a small window can we? Got no one left

While I agree that Day is solid depth—he even played very well when given a chance this year—he is very injury prone. Very.

Personally, I’d give him a year. It’s him or Casboult. Day has the club history.

And 1 year deals are what we should be moving to for players like Sexton, Day, Swallow etc. the 30+ year olds who have been at the club and stood by the club. But to be honest, their loyalty was well and truely paid for. So now go one year at a time to give absolute freedom for the club and incentive for the player to stay fit and on the park.

But if they weren’t going to offer a contract, these players should have a chance to retire in front of members as the home ground.
Problem is the club offered him a one year contract and then retracted it without much saying (just last week). Not the way to do business.

Problem is the club offered him a one year contract and then retracted it without much saying (just last week). Not the way to do business.
Yes, that is a problem. I don’t like that.

Unfortunately sport is a business now. The potential Petracca situation reinforces this. Contracts mean nothing. Players and clubs are always looking after their own interests, which change year to year.

Players have become numbers: numbers to sell to fans, numbers for stats on an app, numbers in media and news, numbers in salary cap cost.

But if we are cutting Day so ruthlessly (not unexpected to cut him, but after offering a contract it is very cold), the club had better be bringing in something. Because fans can accept ruthless choices if something comes out of it. If not… It’s North Melbourne all over (slightly different, but cutting the leaders and life members of the club).

Day for 1 more on minimum wage seems a no brainer. The optimistic side of me wonders if something else has come up, we will have King with youngsters walter and Read along with mac who we aren't sure if he's still better down back. I was keen on tex walker for a year but sounds like he will stay on at the Crows. Not sure who else would be available or worth bringing in.

It’s laughable really isn’t it?

I can understand why they think this way considering the brain fart trades that have been made in the past by our club, but at some point this needs to stop.

I’m hoping this is the case where we hold firm and say, the dogs pic is more than fair compensation for Daniel, take it or leave it

We should be using P6 on an elite young player in a draft that is wide open, a few people have mentioned getting a gun small forward and I would certainly be aligned with that because we have no problem getting the ball inside 50. It’s our conversion that’s the problem. Not something a halfback flanker is going to help us a lot with to be honest, certainly one will only 3 good years left in him

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back