2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, surely trades can get done in that time, but this is like entertainment for the afl this time of year. Also $ and ratings. But boy does time go by slowly. And stressful if you've got a stake in it. I hated this time last year.
Very little gets done in the first week, and trade radio is talk of bunch of nothing most days.
It's really nothing happening this week. Trade Radio talks about the same stuff over and over. It drives me crazy :p

Richmond lost a lot of leverage with Luko leaving as we don't need any salary paid. The only way I'd see 23 in that deal is if we are getting lots of extra points for Leo AND some salary.
I highly doubt it would be #6 + #23 for Rioli
there will be a later pick coming back

What i dont get is how the Suns are considering Carlton in this deal
I would be keeping them hanging and even if a lesser trade trade #13 to collingwood just because of the dealing with the Martin / PSD stunt they pulled on the suns

#13 for F1 + Nobel would be the best result and the Magpies would take that imo

I highly doubt it would be #6 + #23 for Rioli
there will be a later pick coming back

What i dont get is how the Suns are considering Carlton in this deal
I would be keeping them hanging and even if a lesser trade trade #13 to collingwood just because of the dealing with the Martin / PSD stunt they pulled on the suns

#13 for F1 + Nobel would be the best result and the Magpies would take that imo
What I don’t get is why you’re so invested in who the suns trade pick 13 too.

I’m a Suns supporter and frankly I don’t care as long as it’s the best deal possible

Calrton overpaid for Martin. He front-loaded his contract in the PSD to get there and got screwed over by Covid payment cuts the next year. He achieved nothing and got delisted. I’m content enough with the outcome, given hindsight.

They also have a different list manager. So yeah. The past is the past. Take the best deal now. Whoever we give the pick to will end up stronger (in theory), so we have to be getting overs.

Gold Coast has delisted Hewago Oea, but the door is open for ‘Ace’ to remain at the Suns in 2025.
The 22-year-old has been invited to train with Damien Hardwick’s squad over the pre-season supplemental selection period in a bid to land another chance.

Carlton hasn’t offered Owies a contract and has other list priorities this trade period, but hasn’t ruled out extending the Victorian.
“Currently Matt hasn’t been offered a contract by Carlton and is looking for opportunities,” Matt Bain from TGI Sport said.
“He has met with a few clubs. We are currently working through things. Money isn’t the driving factor for this move.”

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back