2024/25 Melbourne Victory Thread - Brace Yourself.. The Kisnorbo Era Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Adelaide the first real test for us? I believe we have played NPL sides only so far in pre season. Wouldn't mind a couple of big ticket friendlies.
That's correct, only NPL sides at this stage. Has it been confirmed whether we are playing home or away?

Edit: I think we are playing at home.

Next match

Typical mind-numbing fixturing. Not much else going on the precinct at the same time that not only eats into your potential crowd, but keeps people like me who aren't even going to the AFL from wanting to go anywhere near the place.

Why not do it on the Sunday afternoon? I haven't bothered to check if there's anything else on in the stadium, but why not do something a bit creative and do it on the Thursday night before the public holiday? It still gives 9 days or so til the final, it's an alternative to the AFL at a really AFL-heavy time of the year, and you're doing that without overlapping timeframes as well.

What, source?

Nicholas Lennon. Says we're paying 75% of his wage. He's got a 3yr deal. Assume if true that would only be for the remaining duration he would have been with us. Seems odd though.

Nicholas Lennon. Says we're paying 75% of his wage. He's got a 3yr deal. Assume if true that would only be for the remaining duration he would have been with us. Seems odd though.
Yeah says the wage cover is only for 1 year. Then Adelaide pay full wage.

What do we get in return? Seems pointless to let him go for nothing in return and covering most of his wage this season.

Nothing I assume. Was said we were keen to get rid of him. I'm not sure why, I thought when he started for us he went okay. Writing was on the wall through preseason as he never got in any squads. I thought he might have been injured.

Nothing I assume. Was said we were keen to get rid of him. I'm not sure why, I thought when he started for us he went okay. Writing was on the wall through preseason as he never got in any squads. I thought he might have been injured.

I thought transfers were not allowed in the A League unless clubs swap players. Surely Folami has to terminate his contract first to join AUFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/25 Melbourne Victory Thread - Brace Yourself.. The Kisnorbo Era Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back