Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Only people who support Carlton Collingwood or Richmond.

Saturday nights are a terrible time slot for big crowds plus the way the saints were playing, it was bound to be less than 20.

And tbh, with the way that game was played, you almost have to feel sorry for those who attended.
Agree. Saturday nights are traditionally poor crowds, blockbusters excluded. They’re invariably unders because people go out and it’s often too late for kids.

Best slots these days are Saturday / Sunday afternoons. Saturday twilight, contrary to recent media hype, has been an excellent crowd drawer for many years.

Agree. Saturday nights are traditionally poor crowds, blockbusters excluded. They’re invariably unders because people go out and it’s often too late for kids.

Best slots these days are Saturday / Sunday afternoons. Saturday twilight, contrary to recent media hype, has been an excellent crowd drawer for many years.
Yes Dave maybe but for a club with over 60,000 Members to get less than 18,000 to a game Marvel that surely would have run at a massive loss to both the club and AFL is still a disgrace no wonder St Kilda are still sucking on the AFL's teat for millions every year.
It is just a pity that a young club like the Suns who are the future of the AFL lost to the worst ever perfoming club in VFA,VFL and AFL history (1 x premiership 36 Wodden spoons in 143 years ) that still are going no where - lost the match on a disputed free kick!

People have unrealistic crowd expectations for a team in the bottom four, playing terribly, against a team with very low support.
These are the same emotionally unstable people who, a couple weeks ago, actually admitted to being upset about games in Tasmania dragging down the league average.

Yes Dave maybe but for a club with over 60,000 Members to get less than 18,000 to a game Marvel that surely would have run at a massive loss to both the club and AFL is still a disgrace no wonder St Kilda are still sucking on the AFL's teat for millions every year.
It is just a pity that a young club like the Suns who are the future of the AFL lost to the worst ever perfoming club in VFA,VFL and AFL history (1 x premiership 36 Wodden spoons in 143 years ) that still are going no where - lost the match on a disputed free kick!

Can we stop using the “60,000 members, 100,000 members argument?”

It’s stupid. We all know they don’t truely represent fans that go every week in and out.

If we had a breakdown of Reserved seat members per club - sure.

Victorian Crowds are inflated most weeks by playing other Victorian teams.

Remove all the vic V vic games out of averages for each team and there won’t be too many Victorian teams above the interstate ones. There is ten teams in Vic, compared to max 2 elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Eat a snickers.

"Why don't Gold Coast play in primetime more often? Why do they always get shunted to Tasmania?"

Last night is why. St kilda could have been in the 8 and they still would have lost money on last night's game. When you have 15 games in Melbourne but only really want to go once a fortnight, the shit games at night in the middle of winter are the first to go.

These are the same emotionally unstable people who, a couple weeks ago, actually admitted to being upset about games in Tasmania dragging down the league average.
It’s actually a disgrace that games are still being played in Hobart given how far those crowds have sunk (even with the AFL gifting North Mebourne a NGA academy)

Launceston is also quite bad - given those games would draw 20,000-plus more in Victoria, but at least the floor is respectable.

Having games that regularly draw sub 5,000 to the premier competition in the country is not only a bad look - but does absolutely nothing for the Devils.

Last edited:
Not really the platform for it, but I have 2x tickets that can no longer be used for tonight’s match if anyone would like them?

Silly Rona got me.

Level 4, Row P, Olympic stand.

Would hate to see them not be used.

Not really the platform for it, but I have 2x tickets that can no longer be used for tonight’s match if anyone would like them?

Silly Rona got me.

Upload them to tixel, there seems to be a fair demand on there for tickets:

Silly Rona got me.

Get well soon my friend. You’re very generous. I’m sure Simone will enjoy the seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s actually a disgrace that games are still being played in Hobart given how far those crowds have sunk (even with the AFL gifting North Mebourne a NGA academy)

Launceston is also quite bad - given those games would draw 20,000-plus more in Victoria, but at least the floor is respectable.

Having games that regularly draw sub 5,000 to the premier competition in the country is not only a bad look - but does absolutely nothing for the Devils.
they really need to give out a lot more GA tickets for the North games in Hobart

no one wants to pay to watch to watch the wooden spoon favs get smashed, especially at windy, cold, far away Blundstone

But I feel North have given up and just happy to get the $ from the state gov.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back