Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance the blues were happy to jump up to 3 to grab Sid Draper before the crowd pick?
Kinda makes sense, and they probably know that he won't go top 2, you can't say that with lalor, smith and O'Sullivan.
Adds some pace and spread to a midfield that can be one paced, hence why Kennedy has left?

Yes there’s definitely a chance.

FOS has been heavily linked to Carlton but I don’t think we make that trade when we made it, with one specific target in mind.

If we had one specific target, we’d likely have waited until draft night to pull the trigger.

Very split about if i actually want Richmond to trade for #2
Fos/Lalor double sounds good
But so does Lalor / Tauru plus the extra 1st rounder

No reason Richmond have to take the extra mid at #2 With Sharp most likely available next year
I suppose blair & Crew will know which balance suits best

Does anyone have a list of draft eligible/likely Father-son and Academy picks for this draft?

I know the below, but hoping for a fuller list

Adel - Welsh (later pick)
Bris - Aschroft (top 3), Marshall (pick in 20s?)
Carl - Camporeale twins (late 2nd onwards)
Ess - Kako (top 15)
GC - Lombard (top 15)
WC - Champion (later pick)

Surely there are more? Some bound for Cat B Rookies etc

Swans have a defender likely to go from about pick 45 onwards

In 22 Eagles split 2 for 8 and 12. That gives you a good guide of what it might take to split a top 2-3 pick.

I think the Eagles or Roos would do it if they could get a pick 5-6 plus another mid 1st so theyd still get 1 from that top group. The issue is I don't see another club coughing that up for a 2-4 pick upgrade unless they get something significant pack.

Find it hard to believe Melbourne would cough up 5 and 13 (if they get it) for 2 or 3 for example. Or Richmond giving 6 and 10 (Bolton deal). St Kilda 7 and 8 is overs too and probably not in their interests if you look at their list build.

Obviously lots of other factors too like how do individual clubs rate the draft, what offers are available, where the clubs list builds are at ect. Hard to tell from the outside.
It's a bit heartbreaking reading this post

Does anyone have a list of draft eligible/likely Father-son and Academy picks for this draft?

Ess - Kako (top 15)
GC - Lombard (top 15)

Saints have Cole, Hoffman and Peckett all as late chances to be picked up.

Richmonds draft haul will be interesting. My guess is

1. Jagga
6. Reid
10. Tauru
11. Travaglia
18. Berry
20. Linday
23. Dodson
24. J.Whitlock

I think they prioritize talls and take 2 key position players + 1 ruck. Id be staggered if Dodson isnt taken by them. Im very confident of 6 of those picks. I think they take the top 4 picks like that. I also think they 100% take Dodson and Berry

Last edited:

1. Jagga
6. Reid
10. Tauru
11. Travaglia
18. Berry
19. Lindsay
20. J.Whitlock
23. Dodson
24. Moraes

I think they prioritize talls and take 2 key position players + 1 ruck. Id be staggered if Dodson isnt taken by them. Im very confident of 6 of those picks. I think they take the top 4 picks like that. I also think they 100% take Dodson and Berry
How do we pick up #19? We only have 8 picks. 1,6,10,11,18,20,23 & 24.

I think we’d pick Tauru at 6 (7) if he is still there. That’d be assuming that Jagga, Lalor, Langford, Draper & FOS are all gone. Although we are high on Smillie.

Would love 3 mids, 2 KPF, Berry & Lindsay and hopefully Hannaford later.

How do we pick up #19? We only have 8 picks. 1,6,10,11,18,20,23 & 24.

I think we’d pick Tauru at 6 (7) if he is still there. That’d be assuming that Jagga, Lalor, Langford, Draper & Smith are all gone. Although we are high on Smillie.

Would love 3 mids, 2 KPF, Berry & Lindsay and hopefully Hannaford later.
Haha I cant count. Remove Moraes from that. You will 100% pick another mid at 6. Would be insane not too

1. Jagga
6. Reid
10. Tauru
11. Travaglia
18. Berry
20. Linday
23. Dodson
24. J.Whitlock

No chance.

If we don't trade up for 2 it'll be something like:
1. Lalor/FOS
6. Langford/Smillie/Tauru
10/11. Two of Smillie/Berry/Armstrong/Travaglia/Allan/Hotton/Lindsay
18. Hotton/Hannaford/J.Whitlock/Hynes
20. J.Whitlock/Hynes/Faull/Dattoli/Dodson
23. Faull/M.Whitlock or trade down and add a future pick
24. Trade for F1 to someone like Geelong or Essendon
Grab someone like Sims, Mraz or O'Farrell with the traded down pick (unless we already have both Whitlocks, or one of them and Tauru/Armstrong/Faull - then we might go someone like Clarke/Barrat/Jaques/Moraes/Day-Wicks or even Burmeister if we don't get Dodson)

I don't think we'll take more than two talls. Three at the outside.

Last edited:

Ess - Kako (top 15)
GC - Lombard (top 15)

GWS - Logan Smith 40 onwards probably

Saints have Lennox Hoffman and Adrian Cole who both likely get drafted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back