Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Its obviously a hard draft to predict. I think if you told me after champs that Lalor is favoured as #1 pick and Tauru is potential top 6 i would have fallen over.
The draft night is going to be a real fun watch and there will be surprises. We have gone from the number stage of the draft to the player stage. Richmond wont be weighing up pick 2 vs pick 6 and something. They will be thinking are we happpier with FOS or the posability Armstrong and Hannaford or something equivelent.
Interesting thoughtn for Richmond they are well poised to take the biggest risks with their later picks 18, 20, 22 and 23. They are likely to have the safer picks earlier and take punts later. Good example of it is Hotton and his injury. Could spill over to taking a Dodson early.

We also Have Blight which we are very hopeful about
But Tauru would be a really nice addition combined with Balta & Gibcus just adds so much flexibility
Blight seemed to look good at the end of the year. How was he rated by the supporter base?

Very split about if i actually want Richmond to trade for #2
Fos/Lalor double sounds good
But so does Lalor / Tauru plus the extra 1st rounder

No reason Richmond have to take the extra mid at #2 With Sharp most likely available next year
I suppose blair & Crew will know which balance suits best
I'd be a little more convinced that you were ambivalent about pick 2 if you weren't spamming every thread on every board about it.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Blight seemed to look good at the end of the year. How was he rated by the supporter base?
We are pretty happy with how he has gone so far at VFL level and adapted extremely well
Signed for another year but there were rumours the eagles were interested

Think he has talent and could be a steal

After the FS bid, their pick 18 will be pick 22. As a live trade, I doubt any non-Top 8 team is trading for those straight up with a F1. I doubt if any of the top 4 one will do too unless a real talent has slid all the way to pick 22 in such a even draft, pretty unlikely IMO.

Tigers pick 11 which will be pick 14 is the one that will have suitors with F1 and tigers will be able to demand a later pick back. Say Hawks have Blues F1+33 to give for that. but will need a F3 to satisfy AFL rules and can give Eagles F4 back too.

Tigers pick 18+23 which will be pick 22+27 may get hawks offers for same F1+33(37) but surely not for just one of those picks.

I think you will be surprised. We traded a future 1st for 20 (risky) for Holmes in a covid draft and lots of teams have done that. In a better draft like this if a player that the clubs want is either on the board at 15-20 or at the first pick of round 2 (after night 1) clubs will trade an fr1. Obviously might be pick swaps both ways and you would have to be a team that thinks you will finish top 6 to do such a trade.

I reckon the Tigers use 1 6 10 and 11 but then the 18 20 23 and 24 would be up for grabs for the right offers.

Its obviously a hard draft to predict. I think if you told me after champs that Lalor is favoured as #1 pick and Tauru is potential top 6 i would have fallen over.
The draft night is going to be a real fun watch and there will be surprises. We have gone from the number stage of the draft to the player stage. Richmond wont be weighing up pick 2 vs pick 6 and something. They will be thinking are we happpier with FOS or the posability Armstrong and Hannaford or something equivelent.
Interesting thoughtn for Richmond they are well poised to take the biggest risks with their later picks 18, 20, 22 and 23. They are likely to have the safer picks earlier and take punts later. Good example of it is Hotton and his injury. Could spill over to taking a Dodson early.

I agree Richmond are in a better position to punt on hotton than most teams as they have more r1s to work with and are looking long term anyway.

Tauru and Gibcus for Richmond with Balta and Young to take the gorillas is a S C A R Y prospect for the competition
I don't think that Tauru will make it to 6. Dees have May and McDonald at 32 and just dumped Tomlinson. Petty is always half way out the door and they want to play him forward. They have to pick up Tauru at 5 don't they, otherwise it's Lever and who in the future?

I don't think that Tauru will make it to 6. Dees have May and McDonald at 32 and just dumped Tomlinson. Petty is always half way out the door and they want to play him forward. They have to pick up Tauru at 5 don't they, otherwise it's Lever and who in the future?

Petty re-signed didnt he? Hes a spud and i wouldnt have signed him but they did. I would have thought they would go a midfielder preparing for the fact that in 2026 one of Oliver or petracca might be gone. But 2 picks gives them flexibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back