Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bizarre comment but okay. Armstrong is one of the more overrated players in the draft.

He's basically another Matthew Jefferson that's slightly bigger.

If we want to target a key forward in the draft with pick 9 it'll be the more aggressive and complete key forward in Jobe Shanahan.
Ah I get you. I thought you meant you wouldnt take a KPP forward. Shannahan is a possiblity too but feel certain its Armstrong

Dude he is absolutely shithouse as a forward. Even Harrison Petty would admit that

Pick 9 is because you want Armstrong. Only move more obvious is Bo Allan to Eagles
Petty is a terrific defender and yes, a poor forward.

I hope like hell we're not interested in Armstrong. He looks poor in the contest. After the Jefferson fiasco I'll be shocked if we take Armstrong.

There are better players than Bo Allan who'll be available at 9-11.

I'm not averse to taking Tauru at 5 and the best mid left at 9. Perhaps Lindsay or forward Berry.

But equally happy taking the best mid at 5, perhaps Langford or a fallen Smith.

Last edited:
Anything crazy though is still a downgrade to me. It would be Essendon F1st + 46 for Pick 18 type deal
Impossible they offer their F1 for pick 22( which 18 will be) by itself.

Going Cal's Sep form guide, he has the below players from 15 till 23
Hotton, Trainor, Berry, Lindsay, Shanahan, J.Whitlock, Hynes, Faull, Dattoli, M.Whitlock, Dodson

If one of these players are available at Tigers pick 18( which ill be 21/22), do you expect Bombers to trade F1 to get them?

Bombers F1 would likely be a Top 8 pick, I can't see this happening.

So I hope Tigers are ready to use all their picks.

Impossible they offer their F1 for pick 22( which 18 will be) by itself.

Going Cal's Sep form guide, he has the below players from 15 till 23
Hotton, Trainor, Berry, Lindsay, Shanahan, J.Whitlock, Hynes, Faull, Dattoli, M.Whitlock, Dodson

If one of these players are available at Tigers pick 18( which ill be 21/22), do you expect Bombers to trade F1 to get them?

Bombers F1 would likely be a Top 8 pick, I can't see this happening.

So I hope Tigers are ready to use all their picks.
Maybe Hotton or Lindsay they would. If they go before 18 then its not worth it for Bombers

Surely Kako isn't top 10
He's not, but if Essendon was still holding pick 9 then there's every chance a club would bid on him with a top 8 pick just to make sure Essendon don't get two top 15 picks. We know Essendon are going to match virtually any bid for Kako, so if pick 8 bids on Kako then Essendon's pick 9 would evaporate in the process and the team holding pick 7 is no worse off because they were never going to get Kako anyway.

Bombers pick 28 and 31 are both not needed for points even if Kako is bid on at 8. They have more than enough.

Wonder what their plans are to trade for that. IMO would make more sense to offer both for tigers pick 20 and then try to swap 20 out for a F1, any F1.

I doubt any bottom 8 team is offering their F2 for just one of them as both will be pick in 30's after the bids. Would like Hawks to offer Blues F2 for one of them if Hawks find no one bites on their Blues F1 offers for teen picks.

There is option for them to trade pick 28 to a team's F2 and after Kako bid trade back that team's 2nd rounder for their F2.

Repeat same for pick 31.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back