Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Since none of us have any actual influence over who clubs take, is there any names you like the look of as later prospects, perhaps even rookie selections that you may not have seen mentioned before?

Ill throw some up ive taken a liking too;

Jordan Doherty - Dandenong Stingrays over ager ruck who can rack up possessions easily. Had some very good games this year culminating in a Talent League - Team of the year position as starting ruck. I can see him getting an opportunity later if not in the rookie draft.

Harrison Doughton - Another Dandenong Stingray who probably gets overlooked by the big names at Shepley (Hynes, Langford, Hopkins etc) but he had a pretty consistent year. I really like his positive influence on games I saw, may not be a major ball winner but he does everything right. Can play inside, play outside. Just does things well, and does things right.

Nash King - Calder Cannons major ball winner may be small (181cm) but has a big engine and an even big heart. Goes and gets his own footy but isn't afraid to do the hard years either. Averaged an impressive 24 a game at U18 level. Injury interrupted a stop start year for the leading Cannon.

Harrison Oliver - Not sure why this Sandy Dragon doesn't get more fan fare but im pretty confident he goes in the national draft. Just oozes class on either side of the body. Awarded with Metro selection and was involved a lot but goes under the radar behind a few bigger names (Marshall, Ashcroft, Reid, Armstrong). I like him alot and could play early imho

Edit. Bailey McKenzie - Another Sandy Dragon I was impressed with in the finals. Big boy too who attacks it hard. Unsure where he goes but love the physicality he brought when in the area of the ball

anyone else you're keen on, have influenced you in a positive way? add below. Gets boring and repetitive talking about the same 15 - 20 blokes
Most of our supporters want a academy KPF Ty Gallop at our third pick.

Most of our supporters want a academy KPF Ty Gallop at our third pick.
Hopefully that is the case but wonder if the club might actually wait til the MSD to draft a mature key-forward in the state leagues especially if there was to be a massive slider in the upcoming National Draft (some good names floated by Yoda_).

Can always keep Gallop or other academy talls with VFL-deals and see if anyone impresses early on but I think that given we are in window of premierships that maybe a mature player can have a much greater impact than a first year tall (i.e Liam McBean, Hugh Dixon)

Definitely don't see a need for anymore midfielders or half-backs with our last pick though at the club, for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back