Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well,” Smillie told foxfooty.com.au.

“I feel like I’m a very caring person and just a perfect person to have at your club. Then what I bring to my football when playing, I’m a unique player. I can play anywhere, it’s a coach’s dream.

“I feel like I’ve still got so much improvement in my body and also my game as well.”
New FIGJAM

He's not lacking in confidence

Smillie, who looms as a possible top-10 pick at next month’s draft after being in the Pick 1 conversation earlier in the year, was the only player surveyed who nominated himself.

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well,” Smillie told foxfooty.com.au.

“I feel like I’m a very caring person and just a perfect person to have at your club. Then what I bring to my football when playing, I’m a unique player. I can play anywhere, it’s a coach’s dream.

“I feel like I’ve still got so much improvement in my body and also my game as well.”
Surely he's joking.

Is false modesty better than having high self-esteem?

Maybe he is a FIGJAM type. Maybe he’s just a straight shooter who has the guts to put himself out there even if he gets criticized for not following an unspoken rule.

As long as he backs up what he has said.

Maybe he is a FIGJAM type. Maybe he’s just a straight shooter who has the guts to put himself out there even if he gets criticized for not following an unspoken rule.

To be honest, he sounds like I try to sound in a job interview, except I know it's all lies

High self esteem is absolutely fine but I think he might either have a good sense of humour or have none! It's laying it on so thick that makes me laugh. Coaches dream. Perfect player to have at the club, on and off the field. Unique. Caring.

Sheryl Lee Ralph Laughing GIF by ABC Network

High self esteem is absolutely fine but I think he might either have a good sense of humour or have none! It's laying it on so thick that makes me laugh. Coaches dream. Perfect player to have at the club, on and off the field. Unique. Caring.

Sheryl Lee Ralph Laughing GIF by ABC Network
Team player. Great communication skills. Written and verbally proficient. Eye for detail

Petracca interviewed very similar to smilie back in the day. Extremely confident, coming off almost as over the top arrogant, but, we all now know what he knew about himself back then. 😆.

To be honest, he sounds like I try to sound in a job interview, except I know it's all lies

I interviewed a guy once who responded to every question I asked 'that's a great question, thanks for asking it' or equivalents thereof. I've never been happier to say no to someone.

I interviewed a guy once who responded to every question I asked 'that's a great question, thanks for asking it' or equivalents thereof. I've never been happier to say no to someone.

I’m sure you’ll be surprised to find that I respond to that statement by saying, “I tend not to ask bad ones.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back