List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watched much of Ryan Borlace from South Adelaide? Seems to have gone under the radar a bit with Dodson being the premier ruckman in the comp but Borlace seems like he's hit scoreboard too in a role split between forward and ruck. Admittedly I've paid little attention to his game but was pleasantly surprised to see his statlines. Perhaps if Soldo does get traded, wouldn't mind picking Borlace up as a late pick to be a 3rd ruck in line while Visentini moves up.

Has anyone seen any obvious flaws in his game?

It's weird - everyone is saying there's no clear cut number one this year, but for mine, Jagga Smith is it.

He could not have done much more to prove how good a player he is. The only reason teams might overlook him is they see a bigger ceiling in others, such as Josh Smillie and Harvey Langford being big brute midfielders or Finn O'Sullivan's younger age form suggesting higher versatility.

When I watch Jagga Smith play, I see Zak Butters. His decision-making is instant, his kicking sublime even in congested situations, seems to always make the right handball to get the ball out into space, he has that crafty ability to move through traffic with a mixture of quickness and agility and he just doesn't stop winning the ball, a total magnet.

Penetration with kicks.

You could take him at 1 and nobody is going to say it's a bad move.

You could also go over him and say you want a mid that provides metres gained for possessions and nobody is going to say you're wrong either.

I keep looking at Hotton's tapes.

I'm falling in love with the idea he's as good as anyone in the draft if we end up with a pick that lands him.

Would have been pick 1 had he not been injured imo

So we need:

- KPF (Bash and crash type) ideally around 199cm+ range. Dixon is gone at the end of the year, Esva isn’t a reliable shot and I can’t see him ever being the No.1 tall forward and the jury is still out on Lord.

- KPD around the 199cm+ range. Need to draft someone who can take on a Sam Darcy type player. Marshall and McCallum haven’t developed as much.

- Big bodied midfielder who can go in and under to dish the ball to the likes of Rozee, Butters etc.

- Small forward. Getting Benny Barrett from the NGA academy and by all reports Richards from the pies has been offered a 4 year deal from Port.

- A lockdown small defender. Someone with genuine speed and good defensive craft since small forwards getting hold of Port in the past has always been an issue and still is for Port.

- a few F/S prospects hopefully via rookie assuming no other clubs tries to select them.

So we need:

- KPF (Bash and crash type) ideally around 199cm+ range. Dixon is gone at the end of the year, Esva isn’t a reliable shot and I can’t see him ever being the No.1 tall forward and the jury is still out on Lord.

- KPD around the 199cm+ range. Need to draft someone who can take on a Sam Darcy type player. Marshall and McCallum haven’t developed as much.

- Big bodied midfielder who can go in and under to dish the ball to the likes of Rozee, Butters etc.

- Small forward. Getting Benny Barrett from the NGA academy and by all reports Richards from the pies has been offered a 4 year deal from Port.

- A lockdown small defender. Someone with genuine speed and good defensive craft since small forwards getting hold of Port in the past has always been an issue and still is for Port.

- a few F/S prospects hopefully via rookie assuming no other clubs tries to select them.

Looking at Bennys midfield form and tackle/Clearance numbers along with genuine pace I'm thinking lockdown small defender is something he could possibly nail.

Looking at Bennys midfield form and tackle/Clearance numbers along with genuine pace I'm thinking lockdown small defender is something he could possibly nail.

I have zero interest in us trying to convert a 174cm small into a lockdown defender. I hate defenders who can be easily exposed by the wrong match ups.

I have zero interest in us trying to convert a 174cm small into a lockdown defender. I hate defenders who can be easily exposed by the wrong match ups.
I like the old saying it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog... But yeah do agree unfortunately no point having 174cm lock down defender trying to stop a 185ish forward.

Noah Mraz

198 cm Defender.

Played the start of the under 18s leading up to the Championships with a navicular stress fracture. Still went alright. Been in rehabilitation since the end of April apparently it looks ok. Currently somewhere in the range of between 25-35 but apparently this is the one North are very keen on picking up.

If Richmond do what they should, they could get two first rounders from Freo for Bolton and from Gold Coast for Rioli plus more for Baker and their own.

The draft is deep and they should clean up before the Tassie team comes in.

They could change their club with one amazing draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond do what they should, they could get two first rounders from Freo for Bolton and from Gold Coast for Rioli plus more for Baker and their own.

The draft is deep and they should clean up before the Tassie team comes in.

They could change their club with one amazing draft.

The draft does look deep but there's still a chance you land Chayce Jones.

I'd be worried about thinking one draft will drag you back into contention.

One thing that should happen is the AFL let clubs know this year exactly what Tasmania's concessions will be to enable clubs to plan their draft strategies over the next 4 years.

The draft does look deep but there's still a chance you land Chayce Jones.

I'd be worried about thinking one draft will drag you back into contention.

One thing that should happen is the AFL let clubs know this year exactly what Tasmania's concessions will be to enable clubs to plan their draft strategies over the next 4 years.
Richmond are rubbish, their ageing premiership stars are retiring or wanting to leave.

They don't have a lot of good, young players coming through.

One good draft can change the complexion of the team. Three to four in a row can make a dynasty.

They have a chance to grab a plethora of picks with players leaving. They could end up with 10 in the top 40 or so.

Yeah, you can draft Chayce Jones but you can also draft Zak Butters. You have to put faith in your List Management Team when you are bottom. There is no other choice.

Hawthorn, Crows, Sydney, Geelong and Port all show the value in maintaining the right older players.

Richmond can clear out Lynch, Rioli, Graham, Bolton and Baker whilst losing Martin, Grimes and Pickett. Who sets the standards at that club? Who carries them whilst the kids are learning and developing and going through the inevitable ups and downs?

North show the risk of cutting too hard. West coast the risk of cutting too late.

Noah Mraz

198 cm Defender.

Played the start of the under 18s leading up to the Championships with a navicular stress fracture. Still went alright. Been in rehabilitation since the end of April apparently it looks ok. Currently somewhere in the range of between 25-35 but apparently this is the one North are very keen on picking up.

He needs to move a vowel from his first name to his last

Hawthorn, Crows, Sydney, Geelong and Port all show the value in maintaining the right older players.

Richmond can clear out Lynch, Rioli, Graham, Bolton and Baker whilst losing Martin, Grimes and Pickett. Who sets the standards at that club? Who carries them whilst the kids are learning and developing and going through the inevitable ups and downs?

North show the risk of cutting too hard. West coast the risk of cutting too late.

I'm looking at Richmond and seeing North.

The difference between Richmond and North is that it is a big giant Melbourne club with $$. With its big membership it will always be able to attract players, with deals/business on the side.

Wonder how long they’ll keep those “big memberships” and sponsors when they’re wallowing at the bottom of the ladder for years

The difference between Richmond and North is that it is a big giant Melbourne club with $$. With its big membership it will always be able to attract players, with deals/business on the side.

That helped them soooo much between 1983 and 2016, particularly the majority of those years where they did not make the finals.

We need the Crows to sell their pick to Melbourne for Oliver.

Can see Draper possibly being there at 8 if we can get a pick that lands there.

If that doesn't happen Hotton and do something that gets us a pick around Dodson.

Maybe we try a buy a pick with next years 1st if we possibly have a spare first at the end of trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back