No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 19 is an intriguing round of footy.
1. We get to test ourselves against a potential contender
2. Other top 8 contenders battling it out:
GWS (8) v GC (11)
Pies (12) v Hawks (13)
Cats (4) v dogs (10)
Dockers (6) v dees (8)

Feels like GC, pies and dogs (if they lose) are done for the year.

A dogs win and/or Melbourne loss will keep things interesting.

I can't see freo falling away from her so spots 7 & 8 are up for grabs.

Irrespective of the remaining results, it's been an interesting round and one that'll go a long way to shaping the top 8.

GWS (8) v GC (11)
Pies (12) v Hawks (13)
Cats (4) v dogs (10)
Dockers (6) v dees (8)

Irrespective of the remaining results, it's been an interesting round and one that'll go a long way to shaping the top 8.
And the Crows pinching a win at the death against the great pretenders was priceless!! 🤩😍

And the Crows pinching a win at the death against the great pretenders was priceless!! 🤩😍
Tbh, I was a little divided about how to take that. On one hand lolessendon. But on the other, I'd rather a pretender occupied a top 4 spot than an actual contender. So from that perspective I was disappointed the Crows won.

But either way, the best team will beat all comers, so doesn't matter who makes the top 4 we gotta be on our game to take it all.

Last edited:
I just want to talk about GCS for a little here,

They are currently unbeaten at home and can't win away, which reminds me of a team with a very similar record,

2018 Richmond. They lost 5 games that year, 4 of them being away, and only won 1 away game. They, because of their home ground advantage, had a completely dominant year, yet when the GCS do the same thing, they are unreliable and flakey.

Thing the comparison of 2018 Richmond and 2024 Gold Coast is an interesting case, because it's also the same coach. He's obviously got them fired up for the home games, but has never really had to learn how to fire the boys up for away games in the same way.

They are currently unbeaten at home and can't win away, which reminds me of a team with a very similar record,

2018 Richmond. They lost 5 games that year, 4 of them being away, and only won 1 away game. They, because of their home ground advantage, had a completely dominant year, yet when the GCS do the same thing, they are unreliable and flakey.

Thing the comparison of 2018 Richmond and 2024 Gold Coast is an interesting case, because it's also the same coach. He's obviously got them fired up for the home games, but has never really had to learn how to fire the boys up for away games in the same way.

They slaughtered a lot of teams to be fair didn't they keep the Lions under 20?

But yeah seems like if the Suns had just 2-3 more home games they make it.

They slaughtered a lot of teams to be fair didn't they keep the Lions under 20?

But yeah seems like if the Suns had just 2-3 more home games they make it.
Richmond also got beaten quite badly away from home a few times, and GCS winning margin at home would be well over 30, beat the cats by 64.

Just think GCS would make the finals, and maybe even be seen as a real contender if they had the same advantage 2018 Richmond had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure this is the place fir this post. I have looked at the Cats games for 2024. The Cats get he dolly draw. They only play Saints, Bulldogs, Crows & Hawks twice. But the reality is they just are not god enough against a good side Even one as flawed as Dogs.

Richmond also got beaten quite badly away from home a few times, and GCS winning margin at home would be well over 30, beat the cats by 64.

Just think GCS would make the finals, and maybe even be seen as a real contender if they had the same advantage 2018 Richmond had.

I agree, but the Suns also need to stop the odd shit away from home, is just bonkers.

Today was just predictable, the Roos loss was pathetic.

Tigers 2018 ended up exposed, just took to the prelim.

This will sound dumb to some but the Tigers 17-20 weren't much good for a team that won 3 flags.

Home ground you mentioned and they built the side for the g, and you can't take it away .

But they played the Crows and GWS at the MCG.

Crows were a better side in 17 and just didn't cope with the travel,
GWS , had a good september but were pushing shit up hill.

Then in 20 half the teams didn't give a **** its a bit of an * cup. Kind of glad we didn't win.

They had an all time elite September player who papered over some cracks IMO.
They also dodged any real challenges.

Crows shouldn't have shat the bed so badly I guess.

GWS (8) v GC (11)
Pies (12) v Hawks (13)
Cats (4) v dogs (10)
Dockers (6) v dees (8)

Its impossible to predict honestly all contenders have been so up/down

The Cats are hot garbage, they just have a nice draw from here

North - Hobart
Crows- Geelong
Dockers - Perth
Saints- Marvel
Eagles- Geelong

Can only see them losing the Dockers one.
I honestly think North will push them in Tassie.

What's this madness you talk about? Richmond/Victorian teams advantage?
Well I never.......

He didnt have to worry about travelling every 2nd week

I honestly think North will push them in Tassie.

North in Hobart , maybe. Hope so.

So far teams 2- 14 just keep beating each other or dropping dumb games.

Hopefully Lions and Dogs turn now

I think of all the teams around the mark that GWS are actually the one I don't want week 1.

I know we beat them twice but even if we win they will go the man a bit, they don't have to travel to play us, they seem to play well in finals .

And if memory serves me correctly, didn't Hardwick complain about it?
Albeit tongue in cheek.

I mean credit to him he did rebuild a joke to a premier x 3, despite advantages etc, they have the 3 cups regardless .

Also when the Suns fire they look great.

But he seems like a jerk outside footy, I know his best mate will defend him if he reads this.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back