No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't the players just love playing in front of nobody at Homebush? Geeze another stampede out.
Can the AFL not give away 3000 pair tickets a game to junior footy players every week or do they do that, and nobody even bothers to turn up on a freebie?

You'd think another 4500 fans (accounting for no-shows) up in the cheap seats might at least slowly build a following, and some kind of atmosphere the players can feed off.

I thought Dunkley was pretty much ungettable - is that correct?

His father (My favourite Swans player ever For what its worth) cracked the sh1ts with the club over a financial request - the club wouldn’t provide him a loan?

Either way, the younger Dunkley took a ‘set’ against us…refused to consider the Father-Son option.
Andrew Dunkley wanted to play on in 2003 but the Swans didn’t offer him a new contract. He would have been 35 etc. I think he wanted a job with the club as a welfare officer after retiring but we didn’t give him one. Clubs don’t lend money to ex players (Swans didn’t have money).

Josh Dunkley nominated the Swans under the father son scheme. We didn’t match the Bulldogs bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back