No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My moist metre after 5 rounds before our first bye has dried up somewhat. Isaac Heeney is keeping up the fluids for me though.

Attachments

• IMG_3952.jpeg
    IMG_3952.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 17
No targets with Amarteys lack of effort

Yep though he doubled the captains tackles so he had some defensive effort yesterday.

There is no way he is lasting his contract.

Yep, I agree. I tipped them to finish last and reckon they might fluke 3 wins, the same as last year. With Horne Francis very happy and playing very well and even McKay and Goldy looking happier at the mediocre Donnie’s I expect others will look for an out.

Norf will be after more draft assistance which they will use on B graders like Stephens or high first rounders who will leave after 3 or 4 years. I reckon on Clarko lotto I would like 6 games (all bad losses) into S 4 of his contract.

Yep, I agree. I tipped them to finish last and reckon they might fluke 3 wins, the same as last year. With Horne Francis very happy and playing very well and even McKay and Goldy looking happier at the mediocre Donnie’s I expect others will look for an out.

Norf will be after more draft assistance which they will use on B graders like Stephens or high first rounders who will leave after 3 or 4 years. I reckon on Clarko lotto I would like 6 games (all bad losses) into S 4 of his contract.
I actually disagree.

North now has the base upon which to build. They’ve brought in some genuinely talented kids in the midfield & provided they can find a few forwards and defenders, will be competitive in a few years time.

Clarkson will be hailed as the messiah who brought North back.

West Coast, on the other hand, are completely screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way he is lasting his contract.
If you mean he walks on his own then yes. If you mean sacked, no way. There is no way Norf can afford to pay him out the contract although I suspect the AFL is probably paying a shitload of his contract themselves which would mean they would tell them that he stays until they say so.

I actually disagree.

North now has the base upon which to build. They’ve brought in some genuinely talented kids in the midfield & provided they can find a few forwards and defenders, will be competitive in a few years time.

Hard to see how West Coast move forward any time soon.
Forwards and defenders look to be in pretty short supply and with Tassie coming on board they might start losing some of those kids.

If you mean he walks on his own then yes. If you mean sacked, no way. There is no way Norf can afford to pay him out the contract although I suspect the AFL is probably paying a shitload of his contract themselves which would mean they would tell them that he stays until they say so.

Yer sorry i should of expanded he will walk either by choice or force by the AFL(incident/scandal)

I actually disagree.

They are averaging 110 point losses. They have just a handful of talented kids. Sheezel will stay, Wardlaw is a toughie, Duursma is a flight risk and McKercher will head Tassie targets. Larkey is a good kpf And LDU is talented but flakey. Larkey aside they don’t have talented talls.

Expect they will get assistance again. They don’t attracted A graders. The place is rotten and other Clubs will lose patience. I don’t see there will be much improvement next year. Another bad start in year 4 will increase the pressure.

Anyway I am taking week 6 Season 4 in Clarko Lotto.

Next coach to go is interesting market - can't be stuffed checking contracts

Nicks- just signed but Adelaide have $ they will happily piss him off - think he is a chance

Fagan- due to age I reckon he needs to do something this year or next otherwise gone

Voss- seems as safe as a Carlton coach can be

Mcrae- safe

B Scott- i'd bet good money they cut him by mid next season

Longmuir- got that odd extension to end of next year - will probably be gone then

Kingsley - safe

Hardwick - will get his 5 surely

C Scott- will get to go on his terms

Mitchell- I can see them being patient for a year or two more then ditching him like 2027

Goodwin- might scandal himself out but otherwise pretty safe

Clarkson- he will get sick of it before north get sick of him is my guess and walk away before he destroys his record

Hinkley- Think they have given him tenure will tread water for 2 more at least

Yze- too early to tell , surely given time

Lyon- won't ever coach a flag but has the footy world fooled for at least 3 more

Longmire- Will walk when he is ready

Simpson- presume just waiting for it to end? so chance to go then

Beverage - should already be gone so who knows

I think Nicks is my sneaky bet /guess or B Scott for sacked coaches .

Longmire might quit before they go

Nicks- just signed but Adelaide have $ they will happily piss him off - think he is a chance

Fagan- due to age I reckon he needs to do something this year or next otherwise gone

Mcrae- safe

Longmuir- got that odd extension to end of next year - will probably be gone then

Kingsley - safe

Mitchell- I can see them being patient for a year or two more then ditching him like 2027

Clarkson- he will get sick of it before north get sick of him is my guess and walk away before he destroys his record

Lyon- won't ever coach a flag but has the footy world fooled for at least 3 more

Rumour is that Hinkley will hand over to Josh Carr end of next season.

Simpson is the most likely this year. Eagles were ok on the weekend. However, they have a percentage of 50% so its a long year of getting belted.

Adelaide might move Nicks on but they have list issues. A new coach won’t change the list.

Rumour is that Hinkley will hand over to Josh Carr end of next season.

Simpson is the most likely this year. Eagles were ok on the weekend. However, they have a percentage of 50% so its a long year of getting belted.

Adelaide might move Nicks on but they have list issues. A new coach won’t change the list.

Yeah but Adelaide have 0 patience with coaches

Mcrae- safe

Kingsley - safe

I can't see a coach getting sacked this season. There just isn't the experienced former senior coach or current coach out of contract out there other than Buckley that would normally trigger clubs into sacking coaches early.

Simpson and the Eagles might come to an agreement a year early but I think Simpson is doing the hard part of the rebuild so whoever gets the job next isn't sacked from day 1.

Agree Nicks is an interesting watch over the next 18 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back