No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's a long season and we're only 5 rounds in, but I find it hard to see any of the top 6 dropping out of the 8, and I think Brisbane are good enough.

Pies have their work cut out for them but are a decent chance.

Theres going to be a lot of competition for the bottom half of the 8.

Crows have already blown their chance imo. The rest are cooked.

Screenshot_20240414_202517_Samsung Internet.jpg

I know it's a long season and we're only 5 rounds in, but I find it hard to see any of the top 6 dropping out of the 8, and I think Brisbane are good enough.

Pies have their work cut out for them but are a decent chance.

Theres going to be a lot of competition for the bottom half of the 8.

Crows have already blown their chance imo. The rest are cooked.

View attachment 1959818
Melbourne a bit dodgy. Based on what we've seen so far the other 5 will make the 8. The last 3 will be a bugger's muddle.

Melbourne a bit dodgy. Based on what we've seen so far the other 5 will make the 8. The last 3 will be a bugger's muddle.
Yeah, I agree with that. Of all the top 6, Melbourne look the shakiest. They seem like the team with the most baggage and liable to implode if a couple of results go against them.

However, they've been playing well with Oliver playing injured, so once he recovers from his hand injury their side will be stronger.

Changes are going to come and they will inevitably end up hurting us, but for now I'm just enjoying the Victorian clubs getting a little taste of the experience of Northern clubs' reality for the past decade-plus. So many top kids from Vic, SA and WA playing the go-home card before they're even drafted has pushed us back in the draft order in a way. Yeah our pick is the same but the options for who we can take with it aren't.

Changes are going to come and they will inevitably end up hurting us, but for now I'm just enjoying the Victorian clubs getting a little taste of the experience of Northern clubs' reality for the past decade-plus. So many top kids from Vic, SA and WA playing the go-home card before they're even drafted has pushed us back in the draft order in a way. Yeah our pick is the same but the options for who we can take with it aren't.

The irony of hawks building their threepeat off of priority pick is obviously lost on old Ralphy.

Status quo the whole competition is skewed in their favour at the slight change of balance nup cant have that.

Simple. Get rid of father and son picks. Academy's etc. And if someone wants to go home the club losing the player gets 5% of the players salary added to their cap and the team who secures them loses that 5% of their cap for the player's career. Finders fee

Easiest way which probably should happen is take the discount away, matching it is enough discount. The AFL have an amazing ability to complicate a very easy solution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WLD%
1.Sydney1760116.0%
2.Geelong1760114.5%
3.Fremantle1670113.8%
4.Carlton1670111.0%
5.Brisbane Lions1580113.2%
6.Melbourne1580112.5%
7.Collingwood1580105.1%
8.Port Adelaide1490113.1%
9.GWS1490112.0%
10.St Kilda12110103.2%
11.Gold Coast12110100.8%
12.Essendon1112094.9%
13.Adelaide1013096.1%
14.Western Bulldogs914096.8%
15.Richmond419082.3%
16.North Melbourne419078.5%
17.Hawthorn320082.2%
18.West Coast320072.8%

Had a crack.
Slight bit of bias but to explain:
Got Sydney losses v Freo (a), Adelaide (a), GWS (a), Brisbane (a), Port (a) though I can really see us winning 1 of those AO games as we play pretty well there

Geelong losses v Brisbane (a), Sydney (a), Carlton (a), Collingwood (a), Saints (a)
Freo losses v Dogs (a), Sydney (a), Hawthorn (tas), Essendon (g), GWS (a)
Carlton losses v Geelong (h), Collingwood (a), Sydney (a), Port (a), GWS (a), Collingwood (h)

And really only other shock would be GWS missing
Losses v Carlton (a), Brisbane (manuka), Sydney (a), Essendon (a), Geelong (a), Adelaide (a), Melbourne (a), Brisbane (a), Dogs (ballarat)

RUOK with GWS not in ! this must've been a bye week
the losses I've given them I think are plausible. They dont have a great record at Manuka and Brisbane are hitting form, Essendon have the ability to produce one ripper game every 4 or 5 and that could be the one, and think they'll go to Adelaide when the Crows have got their shit together and are on a run

Simple. Get rid of father and son picks. Academy's etc. And if someone wants to go home the club losing the player gets 5% of the players salary added to their cap and the team who secures them loses that 5% of their cap for the player's career. Finders fee

How about Academy kids just don't go in the draft at all unless the club they are tied to don't want them

How about Academy kids just don't go in the draft at all unless the club they are tied to don't want them

I still dont know what the problem is tho how about stop giving North year out year in priority picks? giving them pick 3 for McKay was all sorts of nonsense.

Get rid of compo picks.

the losses I've given them I think are plausible. They dont have a great record at Manuka and Brisbane are hitting form, Essendon have the ability to produce one ripper game every 4 or 5 and that could be the one, and think they'll go to Adelaide when the Crows have got their s**t together and are on a run

They will belt Carlton for starters, Adelaide are ordinary and have you seen the Dogs play? They won’t drop many games

WLD%
1.Sydney1760116.0%
2.Geelong1760114.5%
3.Fremantle1670113.8%
4.Carlton1670111.0%
5.Brisbane Lions1580113.2%
6.Melbourne1580112.5%
7.Collingwood1580105.1%
8.Port Adelaide1490113.1%
9.GWS1490112.0%
10.St Kilda12110103.2%
11.Gold Coast12110100.8%
12.Essendon1112094.9%
13.Adelaide1013096.1%
14.Western Bulldogs914096.8%
15.Richmond419082.3%
16.North Melbourne419078.5%
17.Hawthorn320082.2%
18.West Coast320072.8%

Had a crack.
Slight bit of bias but to explain:
Got Sydney losses v Freo (a), Adelaide (a), GWS (a), Brisbane (a), Port (a) though I can really see us winning 1 of those AO games as we play pretty well there

Geelong losses v Brisbane (a), Sydney (a), Carlton (a), Collingwood (a), Saints (a)
Freo losses v Dogs (a), Sydney (a), Hawthorn (tas), Essendon (g), GWS (a)
Carlton losses v Geelong (h), Collingwood (a), Sydney (a), Port (a), GWS (a), Collingwood (h)

And really only other shock would be GWS missing
Losses v Carlton (a), Brisbane (manuka), Sydney (a), Essendon (a), Geelong (a), Adelaide (a), Melbourne (a), Brisbane (a), Dogs (ballarat)

I really cant see us winning 17 games! Fremantle 16wins i cant see that either.

GWS will finish top 4 minimum, Geelong draw is ridiculously easy especially the run home i cant see them losing more than 3-4 games for the season either.

They will belt Carlton for starters, Adelaide are ordinary and have you seen the Dogs play? They won’t drop many games
Without taylor they absolutely won't. Charlie will have a day out.

Adelaide aren't ordinary, they started ordinary. And I think they'll get better as the season gets on. And the dogs yes, are rubbish, but they still have elite players and are absolutely capable of an upset. We do have to play them twice.

I really cant see us winning 17 games! Fremantle 16wins i cant see that either.

GWS will finish top 4 minimum, Geelong draw is ridiculously easy especially the run home i cant see them losing more than 3-4 games for the season either.
Just can't see freo dropping a home game hey

They are averaging 110 point losses. They have just a handful of talented kids. Sheezel will stay, Wardlaw is a toughie, Duursma is a flight risk and McKercher will head Tassie targets. Larkey is a good kpf And LDU is talented but flakey. Larkey aside they don’t have talented talls.

Expect they will get assistance again. They don’t attracted A graders. The place is rotten and other Clubs will lose patience. I don’t see there will be much improvement next year. Another bad start in year 4 will increase the pressure.

Anyway I am taking week 6 Season 4 in Clarko Lotto.

Criminal if they get more compo, last year was borderline ridiculous as it was.

I think they've burnt out most the experienced players and the kids are too young but that's on them to fix, not every other team in the comp to make space for their ineptitude.

I don't think there's been a better case for folding a team in decades

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back