No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure there are no excuses but his immediate honesty should have imo seen a reduced sentence.

I would have given him a week and a 4 week suspended sentence.

I really try to avoid whataboutism BUT Clarkson got off remarkably lightly. Given his history he should have been given 6 weeks in the stands without any match day contact with his team - pre, during or post game. The L Kane factor at play?

Thought 1-2 was the right one but I’d have an extra 2 weeks suspended for 12 months.

I was only able to stop another retaliatory spam attack by the magpie users last year by informing them the user had been permanently banned from the Swans board.

Seriously, the people who troll other boards cause nothing but trouble on our own because of it.
For all my faults i would never troll another board , as i would hate that back the other way .
Only time i go on another board is if i know or have coached a player getting drafted or so .
So i can troll Amartey on our board lol

If you haven't already read the General Alert Mod Notice posted by Chief then please do so.

I'll also add our own Board example. In '22 when we beat the Magpies in a close one some Swans board users chose to go onto their board and post some ridiculous inflammatory stuff. As a result our own Swans board was flooded by Magpie posters in a like for like retaliation.

In other words - you may think its funny to go over to another board to troll and get yourself banned or like every post - but us Swan Mods are the ones cleaning up your s**t. Don't do it, because we will ban you ourselves if someone brings it our attention.

Be a good Big Footy citizen, it shouldn't be that hard.

xxxx
Mods
Yes Mum.

Wow on the Finlayson suspension. The bloke obviously realised he’d done the wrong thing and alerted his Club at 3/4 time.

He seems to have been contrite and even horrified by what he said.

This is a guy whose better half has had a very tough time. I expect footy is a release for him so the penalty and the guilt I’m guessing he is experiencing does not make a happy mixture.
Hmmm not sure I agree Horace. I don't know that that slur would even be in one's vernacular unless both A) they used it semi-frequently at least, and B) they viewed the group it is so often targeted towards in a derogatory light themselves.

The slur was disgusting and it deserves punishment, I just can't get my head around how the AFL once again takes two comparable incidences and provides two completely inconsistent outcomes. The person who recognised their **** up and acknowledges it immediately on first offence gets a bigger whack than a repeat offender who wouldn't apologise meaningfully if he ran over someones dog.

The slur was disgusting and it deserves punishment, I just can't get my head around how the AFL once again takes two comparable incidences and provides two completely inconsistent outcomes. The person who recognised their * up and acknowledges it immediately on first offence gets a bigger whack than a repeat offender who wouldn't apologise meaningfully if he ran over someones dog.
Do you know what he said B

Sure there are no excuses but his immediate honesty should have imo seen a reduced sentence.

I would have given him a week and a 4 week suspended sentence.

I really try to avoid whataboutism BUT Clarkson got off remarkably lightly. Given his history he should have been given 6 weeks in the stands without any match day contact with his team - pre, during or post game. The L Kane factor at play?
Thats just another extended holiday for Clarkson.. maybe the 6 weeks and all his income over that time given to the appropriate charity.. Yes definitely got off lightly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep,, the drain on his mental health forced him to take 6 months off after the first few games.. oh wait, that was because he was under investigation for crimes against humanity.
I reckon him at north is very fitting
He has no crimes against Humanity , what a shocking thing to say . Hamas and Putin have crimes against humanity !

I'll also add our own Board example. In '22 when we beat the Magpies in a close one some Swans board users chose to go onto their board and post some ridiculous inflammatory stuff. As a result our own Swans board was flooded by Magpie posters in a like for like retaliation.
We've got a footy tipping comp at work..
One rule is,, who ever goes the whole season without backing collingwood gets a 6 pack of beer or bottle of wine.
Ive received a ban from a post on the main board defending Swans fans for booing Ginnavin. I politely wrote something along the lines of..
Ginnavin is a cheat - proof is the AFL changed the rules due to his actions.. and..
Collingwood fans have no right to complain about other teams booing them after the treatment the collingwood fans, CEO, and even coaching staff gave Goodes

I reserve the right to hate collingwood

Yes, I hear your request and will save expressing my feelings for places they are well received.. ie. everywhere else :)

The slur was disgusting and it deserves punishment, I just can't get my head around how the AFL once again takes two comparable incidences and provides two completely inconsistent outcomes. The person who recognised their * up and acknowledges it immediately on first offence gets a bigger whack than a repeat offender who wouldn't apologise meaningfully if he ran over someones dog.
And this is precisely my view - Clarkson gets a slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf and Finlayson gets the wrath of the gods. Unbelievable that they were adjudicated by the same authority.

yep,, the drain on his mental health forced him to take 6 months off after the first few games.. oh wait, that was because he was under investigation for crimes against humanity.
I reckon him at north is very fitting
Also , when he had a crack at that Aints player he just had his Captain smashed front on by a rat

Can't believe how bad the VFL scheduling is.

For once it doesn't affect us, but Collingwood has the AFL bye this round, yet it's reserves are playing today.
Geelong and North are playing in separate VFL games today at the same time their firsts clash at Kardinia Park.

With the number of byes in the VFL and the number of timeslots available how difficult can it be to co-ordinate the program with the AFL fixture?

Can't believe how bad the VFL scheduling is.

For once it doesn't affect us, but Collingwood has the AFL bye this round, yet it's reserves are playing today.
Geelong and North are playing in separate VFL games today at the same time their firsts clash at Kardinia Park.

With the number of byes in the VFL and the number of timeslots available how difficult can it be to co-ordinate the program with the AFL fixture?
That would call for some form of logic to be used Hairy, something of which it seems both the AFL and the VFL have very little of.

In Finlayson's defence, the term has been used as a derogatory term so casually in the past that the fact that it's derogatory to a specific group of individuals gets detached from the word and it just becomes another derogatory term, similar to c u next Tuesday. D'head etc.

It probably wasn't until he used the term that he reflected on it being a homophobic slur and self-reported and copped his punishment.

I'm not excusing the use of the word, I'm just saying that I don't think he intended to suggest the player was gay, probably just that he used a word he shouldn't have. And I'm sure he's aware of the mistake and won't do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back