No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions were better for longer. Dees stopped dead. I thought both were actually pretty woeful and the umpiring was trash last night.

My main takeaway was neither are a threat.

So you bet on the Dees?

wow forgot how arrogant Blues fans are, my brother who goes for Carlton always presumes the worst. The ones on facebook think they are the best side by a mile.

Bigfooty ones are pretty good

Last edited:
Blues are definitely the in-form team in the comp and I'd say our biggest challenge.

They also have a fairly soft end to the season, playing the bottom 4 sides (incl. Richmond this round), along with Pies, Port, GWS, Dogs and Hawks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they finish off the season only dropping another 2 games.

1. SYDNEY SWANS (13-2, 144.2%)

Remaining games

Round 17: St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Round 18: North Melbourne at the SCG

Round 19: Brisbane Lions at the Gabba

Round 20: Western Bulldogs at the SCG

Round 21: Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval

Round 22: Collingwood at the SCG

Round 23: Essendon at Marvel Stadium

Round 24: Adelaide Crows at the SCG

Remaining fixture difficulty: 7th-easiest

When people say “that’s the loss they needed to have” for a ladder leader, they’re thinking of a game like Saturday’s, where Sydney probably deserved to win - they comfortably got over the line on expected score, and you’d usually expect Logan McDonald to at least kick a point on the post-siren shot he missed. Either way it’s only a big deal if the Swans keep losing, and that seems unlikely. They still have a four-win buffer between themselves and third place, so they would need a catastrophic run to miss a home qualifying final, and while Carlton has closed the gap slightly it’s still three wins they would need to make up (because of percentage). The Swans are completely and utterly fine.

Fox Footy’s projection: 18.45 wins, finishing 1st

Fox

PROJECTED WEEK 1 OF FINALS

First Qualifying Final (1st hosts 4th): Sydney Swans vs Collingwood at the SCG

First Elimination Final (5th hosts 8th): Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide at the Gabba

Second Elimination Final (6th hosts 7th): Geelong vs Essendon at the MCG

Second Qualifying Final (2nd hosts 3rd): Carlton vs Fremantle at the MCG

I'm pretty confident we'll finish top from here. I can't see the wheels falling off. Surely going 5-3 to close out the season would be a fairly conservative estimate, 4-4 would be worst case scenario, and 3-5 highly unlikely. 6-2 pretty much puts us out of reach as Carlton would need to win all remaining games by large margins.

I think we'll probably drop 2 more games, possibly 3. Blues likely to do the same (probably will drop a couple).

I think we'll finish at least a game clear + percentage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I ask for is Sydney to go undefeated the rest of the year , Logan to sign, Chad to sign an early extension. The Swans to get me to present the cup.

Essendon to finish 11th or lower and every other team to fall to shit and be useless, so cmon Dees win a few then lose a few , don't let anyone else get on a roll.

Cmon Tigers too
And once again, The King! proves the ultimate mock after:

• Swans lose;
  • Logan misses the game-winning shot (and doesn't sign);
  • Chad has a stinker (and doesn't sign);
  • Dees lose;
  • Tigers get pantsed; and
  • Swans' request to have The King! present the cup gets lost in the mail.

And once again, The King! proves the ultimate mock after:

• Swans lose;
  • Logan misses the game-winning shot (and doesn't sign);
  • Chad has a stinker (and doesn't sign);
  • Dees lose;
  • Tigers get pantsed; and
  • Swans' request to have The King! present the cup gets lost in the mail.

I think if you sorted out the jinx mock
ratings I am well at the bottom.

I tipped the suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back