No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well no wonder I can't see this weeks thread. Bit of a flaw in the mods 'Just put Bedford on ignore' instruction..

None of us can see it yet, think he has put it behind a paywall.

Reported on the news tonight as part of the academy shake ups. Essendon, Geelong, Hawks and a couple of others will lose access to their NT regions with Norf having control over the whole of the NT for an academy citing the drop off in indigenous players coming out of the territory in recent years.
Every time I get into an argument with someone about the academies they inevitably say "Well why don't we just give everyone an academy that way it'll be even more investment ".

This is why. When there was the NSW Rookie program there was zero investment in grassroots, just the absolute bare minimum required to get a kid to sign as a NSW rookie, NGAs have clubs trying to add kids a few nights before the draft and here's another example.

Players like Heeney or Bell wouldn't have made it if it was a Victorian club running the Hunter or Shellharbour zones when they were coming through.

serious the simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sack Hinkley 11 is up to page 163 …. in a week.

And it’s competing with a preview thread.

Speaking of which ….

We had one briefly but I think it was deleted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back