No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton keep winning put a bet on Cripps storming home to win the brownlow

Yeah think I called that a while back, he's probably Heeney's biggest threat. Just don't see Daicos getting enough in a losing team.

Yeah think I called that a while back, he's probably Heeney's biggest threat. Just don't see Daicos getting enough in a losing team.
Cripps won his first Brownlow in a team that didn’t make the 8. Probably a combination of playing in winning teams but also not having others take votes off you helps win the Brownlow.

Cripps won his first Brownlow in a team that didn’t make the 8. Probably a combination of playing in winning teams but also not having others take votes off you helps win the Brownlow.
not to mention dodging a suspension!!!

I have to backtrack when Heeney last got a possible 3 voter

Geelong game?
Coaches votes
0​
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12​
13​
14​
15​
16​
Total
ByeBye
Isaac Heeney
9​
10​
9​
4​
9​
6​
7​
1​
8​
8​
9​
5​
4​
89​

I absolutely can't stand how GWS Giants are always placed before Geelong & Gold Coast when all the clubs are listed alphabetically.

Where does that happen?

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 5.08.29 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_4653.jpeg
Bad luck follows Darcy Moore. Another player accidentally taken out by a football accident from one of his knees.

The last page of Simpsons post was the best thing this board has done.

In the good old days we would have kept going.

Hahndorf. So good

Haven’t actually tried out in the hills. Got a good place out in the north eastern suburbs that costs 600 less than the CBD hotels across 5 days that I have used for years. Quick 20 minute trip into town by bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t actually tried out in the hills. Got a good place out in the north eastern suburbs that costs 600 less than the CBD hotels across 5 days that I have used for years. Quick 20 minute trip into town by bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hills are brilliant.

As a place to visit, no doubt. As a place to stay when travelling without a car, little far out for my liking.

I stayed there last Gather Round, there was a bus in walking distance from where we stayed that was direct to the CBD. Found it very convenient. Free shuttles after the night games too.

Exerts from Fox Footy Power Rankings..

1. SYDNEY SWANS (13-2, 144.2%)

Last week:
Ranked 1st, lost to Fremantle by 1 pt

You can’t create a loss much closer than the one Sydney copped - by a point, after having a kick after the siren to win it, and in a game they pretty comfortably won on expected score..........................they have to keep getting better to guarantee themselves flag favouritism, especially if they’re going to have to overcome a Victorian team in the Grand Final.

2. CARLTON (11-4, 118.5%)
We’re not pushing them up into the No.1 spot based on a big win over lowly Richmond plus a very narrow loss by Sydney against a good team. But we would be happy to entertain the argument the Blues are now flag favourites....................................As long as they win their qualifying final, the Blues wouldn’t have to leave the MCG again this season, and the gap between Sydney and Carlton is close enough that having home ground advantage could swing the Grand Final. After all we’ve had quite a few recent flag deciders where the teams were pretty even but the Victorian side won. It’s almost like it’s a bit unfair...

Written by Max Laughton. At least the truth that the AFL has been in denial of for so long is getting out there.

Exerts from Fox Footy Power Rankings..

1. SYDNEY SWANS (13-2, 144.2%)

Last week:
Ranked 1st, lost to Fremantle by 1 pt

You can’t create a loss much closer than the one Sydney copped - by a point, after having a kick after the siren to win it, and in a game they pretty comfortably won on expected score..........................they have to keep getting better to guarantee themselves flag favouritism, especially if they’re going to have to overcome a Victorian team in the Grand Final.

2. CARLTON (11-4, 118.5%)
We’re not pushing them up into the No.1 spot based on a big win over lowly Richmond plus a very narrow loss by Sydney against a good team. But we would be happy to entertain the argument the Blues are now flag favourites....................................As long as they win their qualifying final, the Blues wouldn’t have to leave the MCG again this season, and the gap between Sydney and Carlton is close enough that having home ground advantage could swing the Grand Final. After all we’ve had quite a few recent flag deciders where the teams were pretty even but the Victorian side won. It’s almost like it’s a bit unfair...

Written by Max Laughton. At least the truth that the AFL has been in denial of for so long is getting out there.

At least they finally talk about the advantage lmao

View attachment 2036935
Bad luck follows Darcy Moore. Another player accidentally taken out by a football accident from one of his knees.
I watched that game, yep his knee went straight into his back, he could barely walk, as they said had to go off but came back on and had a few important ruck contests when he came back on which help win the game, when they were singing the song, he could barely move😡 apart from this article, no one else mentioned it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back