No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Moore is exaggerating it on multiple occasions, I accept there is some times you cannot avoid it, but if we have a duty of care for sliding or taking the head it is certainly worth exploring how we attack a contest.

Can't have people copping massive internal injuries because we have always jumped a certain way. Maybe we can't and don't need to change it, but we need to look at it. If it was Toby Greene and not Moore, there would be more said Imo.
When you are in the heat of the moment you aren't thinking too much about the angle of your knee when you jump. Yes, you are trying to crash a pack, but you also try to bring your knee up to get your shin on someone's shoulder to give you a ride.
Yes, it can be very dangerous but other than ruling against bringing the knee up and therefore eliminating high marking, I don't know what can be done about it.

When you are in the heat of the moment you aren't thinking too much about the angle of your knee when you jump. Yes, you are trying to crash a pack, but you also try to bring your knee up to get your shin on someone's shoulder to give you a ride.
Yes, it can be very dangerous but other than ruling against bringing the knee up and therefore eliminating high marking, I don't know what can be done about it.

Yeah fair points , maybe I need a rewatch , just looked a really deliberate high knee. Just think someone will end up with a lost a kidney or something. But look you are right it can be hard to eliminate these heat of the moment things, but same goes for high contact, dangerous tackles etc .

Don't think it's the worst idea, other sports do it.
Fair point. A record of 1-3 for the month of June. Only a win over the Eagles. Let’s clear the pool room and hand out participation awards at Windy Hill because other sports do it.

I hope the Swans don’t go down this rabbit hole of rewarding mediocre performances.

Fair point. A record of 1-3 for the month of June. Only a win over the Eagles. Let’s clear the pool room and hand out participation awards at Windy Hill because other sports do it.

I hope the Swans don’t go down this rabbit hole of rewarding mediocre performances.

I'm not quite sure I said they SHOULD do it because other sports do it, I said I don't see an issue with it because it's not like they're the only sporting organisation in the world that recognises positive performances over a month. After all don't the Swans produce a mark and goal of the week? Why don't we then make a competition amongst the contenders over the course of the month to produce the mark and goal of the month? Extra fan engagement, more recognition for players, I don't really see any downside other than some s******ing at clubs because they have nothing better to do.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head - there’s ‘getting a ride’ and there’s jamming the point of your knee into the back.

I reckon it could be adjudicated …no more difficult than studs up or the slam tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They made a trophy for their player of the month omg

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

I think it’s a brilliant initiative. These pampered, elite, eye-wateringly-remunerated sportspeople don’t get nearly enough validation.

Unkind, but also kinda dumb. If I wanted to fanatically go after a team on social media - key word being IF, because I never would - then I would sure as hell not use their clear best player as part of my case!

Read the Pies Blues who will be better in 2024 thread, its like two kids at school just yelling over downball, who clearly have no idea how to fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back