No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of which, what did Simo say to him at the presser?
Journalist asked him when Simpson thought his time was up.
Simpson words to the effect were that after the journalists 300th article about him. Also said they (the media) should show more respect but it’s the industry they work in.
Hence today’s front page is completely wrong on almost all levels.

Simpson words to the effect were that after the journalists 300th article about him. Also said they (the media) should show more respect but it’s the industry they work in.
That reporter was on SEN and said he didn't do the headline

It's a real flaw. Should just show the thread from the first visible post.
Chief would be the one you'd need to take this up with.

Please stop bringing it up in every thread across the board board everyone. If you have an issue with a feature of BF then raise that in the right place... Complaining about it in threads doesn't help anyone.

Thanks - gtg.

Chief would be the one you'd need to take this up with.

Please stop bringing it up in every thread across the board board everyone. If you have an issue with a feature of BF then raise that in the right place... Complaining about it in threads doesn't help anyone.

Thanks - gtg.
Chief happy to discuss with you if it's something that can be changed but I suspect it can't so no problem.

Last edited:
He also really emphasised the second syllable in the journalist's name.

One of the key people responsible for the West Australian's further descent into sensationalism and cartoonish villainy over the last twelve months is an old acquaintance of mine going back to our teenage years. I've heard in private he's bricking it over his future in the media now that he's burnt so many bridges and made such a shizen reputation for himself but he knows he and the paper have to double down on it now as that's the bed they've made and commercially-speaking it's been a plus.

It really has become such an unnecessary fiasco and the real losers out of it are the ones who created it. I'd bet an organ a couple of them end up on Sky News within five years.

One of the key people responsible for the West Australian's further descent into sensationalism and cartoonish villainy over the last twelve months is an old acquaintance of mine going back to our teenage years. I've heard in private he's bricking it over his future in the media now that he's burnt so many bridges and made such a shizen reputation for himself but he knows he and the paper have to double down on it now as that's the bed they've made and commercially-speaking it's been a plus.

It really has become such an unnecessary fiasco and the real losers out of it are the ones who created it. I'd bet an organ a couple of them end up on Sky News within five years.

Longmire would of been gone after 2022

Longmire would of been gone after 2022
Unlikely. I think if the club is strong enough nature has its way of flipping the script back onto the media's reporting and making it seem redundant. Remember when the bottom was falling out of our culture after the 0-6 start to 2017? Or when Buddy's arrival was causing dissent that was going to derail our 2014 season? Or even just earlier this year when the playing group was supposedly split over big, bad Sam Wicks?

In West Coast's case they just aren't a strong club right now. They've got a terrible list, an administration that's seen some turnover, and a losing culture that seems to have set in in recent years. They just haven't been capable of mitigating the media's coverage of them, so it's turned into one big beat-up by the media, and a successful one at that, albeit the tide seems to be turning against the media now after the damage has been done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlikely. I think if the club is strong enough nature has its way of flipping the script back onto the media's reporting and making it seem redundant. Remember when the bottom was falling out of our culture after the 0-6 start to 2017? Or when Buddy's arrival was causing dissent that was going to derail our 2014 season? Or even just earlier this year when the playing group was supposedly split over big, bad Sam Wicks?

In West Coast's case they just aren't a strong club right now. They've got a terrible list, an administration that's seen some turnover, and a losing culture that seems to have set in in recent years. They just haven't been capable of mitigating the media's coverage of them, so it's turned into one big beat-up by the media, and a successful one at that, albeit the tide seems to be turning against the media now after the damage has been done.

Can you imagine the reports of a 90pt loss over there!! Longmire would of been hounded out of WA

That reporter was on SEN and said he didn't do the headline
I don’t think reporters do the headlines, it’s the editor or sub editors job I vaguely recall

I have never cared more about the result of a round 18 match up. **** I hope the Dees crush the bombers. They need a ****in ego check and losing a game they should clearly win (no Gawn no Petracca) would bring me endless joy
Yes, they’ve been seriously hard work on the whole Heeney thing - thought you handled your end well.

As for those peanuts….I wonder what they’d do to their babysitter if they were sent to bed early!

Anyone noticed Geelong have over-compensated for Hawkins loss? Hawkins eyes were always borderline crossed - this new guy appears to be looking in two different directions! 🤷🏻

The current top 8 will be the final top 8 imo. Where they finish is still up in the air but can’t see any side overtaking them. Might have a bit of a break from 8th to 9th after this weekend.

The current top 8 will be the final top 8 imo. Where they finish is still up in the air but can’t see any side overtaking them. Might have a bit of a break from 8th to 9th after this weekend.
If the dogs lose to the Blues, as they're expected to, then it's going to be a long way back for them.

The wheels could fall off on any one team. But generally speaking, the teams that are in the 8 at this stage generally continue to win enough games to keep their spots, and the sides sitting out of the 8 generally need to go on a massive run over the last few rounds to storm home.

There's a chance either if the two could happen causing a reshuffling, because 9-13 are all within striking distance, but the run would pretty much need to start this round or the next.

If the Bombers lose tonight and the Suns win tomorrow, the teams placed second through to thirteenth on the ladder will be separated by by eight points. 12 teams in total. Five of those teams outside the eight.

Ridiculously close contest for spots in the top four/eight this season. Makes for an exciting end to the home and away season.

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back