No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hipwood is a fine low impact and 1800 $ what a joke . Papley fined for running into a yellow maggot
This should have been referred without a grading. Could have rendered someone a paraplegic.

Absolutely ridiuclous around Hipwood. Taking out by accident an umpire maggot far worse it seems than an action that could have left a player seriously injured. But then the yellow maggots had their eyes painted on yesterday, and we all know that the AFL Tribunal/Judiciary is beyond repair.

My understanding of the difference is that Heeney’s was determined to be behind the ball while Maynard’s was on the ball since he has possession.

I’m not defending that differentiation, just stating it. If you watch the two incidents, the high contact in one appeared totally accidental and in the other pretty much intentional. But I guess the closer comparison to Maynard’s action is the raised elbow from Chad a couple of months ago that drew no sanction.

My reading of the tribunal guidelines as posted is that the stipulation about a high fend and the other examples stand alone and are not reliant on the location of the incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My reading of the tribunal guidelines as posted is that the stipulation about a high fend and the other examples stand alone and are not reliant on the location of the incident.

I understood Heeney’s ‘team’ (tragic as it was), stressed it was ‘in play’, in that he was leading for a pass.

They have guidelines ?

They have guidelines ?
The problem actually is that they have guidelines. They feel the need to fit everything into a box, hence why the look of some incidents don't necessarily fit the punishment of said box.

If the AFL just came out and said from now on we're judging every incident on common sense and whatever we decide is final and everyone needs to shut the farrk up and not complain, we'd all probably be happy and it'll all make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood Yoko?

I mean, her explanation seems pretty reasonable. Right now their lives are so different and busy it's good to have their own space and when they do live together they don't want to fall into a pattern of being joined at the hip. Perhaps their way of doing that is a bit out of the ordinary, but who has the energy to care?

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back