No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone remember when Aussies could make jokes? I do.

No idea what the possum thing means, but if you can't handle being sent a "Free Palestine' email then GFY.

Seems like people are determined to be offended or outraged on others' behalf these days.
Yeah look I agree to a certain extent, we are becoming a nanny state, but the possum thing is just a weird thing to say and I don't think the free Palestine email is particularly funny.

Anyone remember when Aussies could make jokes? I do.

No idea what the possum thing means, but if you can't handle being sent a "Free Palestine' email then GFY.

Seems like people are determined to be offended or outraged on others' behalf these days.
Tell that to Israeli families that got butchered by the Hamas and im not taking sides

Yeah look I agree to a certain extent, we are becoming a nanny state, but the possum thing is just a weird thing to say and I don't think the free Palestine email is particularly funny.
True, it's not that funny on the outside. I mean it CAN be funny, if you know the guy they are saying (in jest) they should send it to. Maybe they know he'd flip out and go on a big rant, which is what makes it a funny hypothetical (the incongruity of the proposition). But why is it even being reported?? Someone likely doesn't like him, and they are using pretty thin complaints to have a crack.

Typical racist Pies stuff
I’m not normally one to defend Collingwood… however….

These are allegations made by a disgruntled former employee who was “let go” (for reasons not divulged) after only 6 months.

The club engaged an independent person to review the matter, which seems reasonable. The Fair Work Commission looked into it, again nothing. The police also decided not to pursue it.

Ex-employees with an axe to grind can be very vindictive.

I’m prepared to give the Pies the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise but 2.30 GF again.

I'd be fine with them moving it to around 4pm to get an extra 90 minutes of build up. I just don't trust the likes of Hutchy and McGuire to then just drop the issue.

I'd also schedule an AFLW game for the Friday afternoon after the parade between the two GFs.

No surprise but 2.30 GF again.

I'd be fine with them moving it to around 4pm to get an extra 90 minutes of build up. I just don't trust the likes of Hutchinson and McGuire to then just drop the issue.

I'd also schedule an AFLW game for the Friday afternoon after the parade between the two GFs.
Hutchison.
Agree with 4pm

Kinda wild that in 2020, when Richmond were last contending for a flag, North were playing for the wooden spoon.

Richmond are now about to play North in a battle for the wooden spoon.

Whilst that might say a lot about Richmond's decline, I think it says more about North's sustained misery. They're like the leaders of a little cellar dweller club just welcoming new teams in every few years.

Every team has a run of momentum before the inevitable lull. Cats had their run, so did we as did the Blues. Brisbane are still on theirs and dogs are hitting their peak.

I think we may have peaked at the right time, that is, with enough time to get through the lull and peak again.

Some friendly observations from JHWF.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back