No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In The Age there is an article about the Hawthorn racism claims contained in court documents.

The following allegations I found interesting, as I wondered at the time why the Hawthorn indigenous players weren't more vocal during the booing of Goodes.

"The document also alleges club officials rejected Indigenous welfare official Leon Egan’s request for more input on decisions involving Indigenous players and that he hosted a meeting with Indigenous players who wanted the club to take stronger action in response to the booing of Sydney’s Adam Goodes. The players were allegedly threatening to withdraw from playing the next match.

It is alleged that Clarkson invited himself to the subsequent meeting and then “derailed” it by turning up with a guitar and singing a song about Rioli."

Kinda wild that in 2020, when Richmond were last contending for a flag, North were playing for the wooden spoon.

Richmond are now about to play North in a battle for the wooden spoon.

Whilst that might say a lot about Richmond's decline, I think it says more about North's sustained misery. They're like the leaders of a little cellar dweller club just welcoming new teams in every few years.
Just gave me a visual...

"Hi, I'm North Melbourne, I'll show you around. They give us cue cards for the induction, but let's face it... throws cards in the bin...I've got those suckers memorised. This is the wooden spoon cupboard opens draw and a bunch of wooden spoons fall out oops, looks like we'll need another cupboard."

In The Age there is an article about the Hawthorn racism claims contained in court documents.

The following allegations I found interesting, as I wondered at the time why the Hawthorn indigenous players weren't more vocal during the booing of Goodes.

"The document also alleges club officials rejected Indigenous welfare official Leon Egan’s request for more input on decisions involving Indigenous players and that he hosted a meeting with Indigenous players who wanted the club to take stronger action in response to the booing of Sydney’s Adam Goodes. The players were allegedly threatening to withdraw from playing the next match.

It is alleged that Clarkson invited himself to the subsequent meeting and then “derailed” it by turning up with a guitar and singing a song about Rioli."
Weird on so many levels.

But players can’t decide to boycott a game because some fans boo. Thats just not on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I struggle to compliment GWS for anything but theyt are going better than us at the moment both on field & off field.
I won't post it here but the clip of Kingsley addressing his players after the come from behind win, having invited friends & family in to hear it is a very clever move.

He is a very good coach Kingsley.
Yet another first time coach who waited his turn. No good having a talented list if you don't know how to utilise it through injury & place trust in lower level players when you need to.

Horse & the club have been found out by not placing trust in the fringe players when all was going well. That should have been the time to send messages, one player at a time.
Parker should have been brought in after two games in the twos to give Adams a rest for instance. That creates pressure & hunger there. Hamling for a tall has been a wasted opportunity to rest Amartey for instance if the fear of having him breakdown was a concern. As we now stand Hamling hasn't had a chance to gel with our senior team under real pressure while the team was going well. The guy can take a mark at least. I'd sacrifice this game against the Pies to rest up players of concern.

Heeney, Hayward, Adams. Drop Mills, Wicks, Florent & Fox to find form in the twos. List pressure will be instantly created & those remaining in the senior team will have the torch shone on them & they won't be able to hide from the world against the biggest club in Australia.
Too many eyes will be watching with many tuning in to witness a possible "car crash" for our club.

Great but strange career for Dusty. Had basically four years where he was a phenomenal player and looked anywhere from good to average for the rest of it.
Saved his best footy for the biggest stages. Was probably coasting a little during the H&A season. But you'd take that any day of the week. Just went to another level when he needed to, and others couldn't.

Brilliant player

Clarkson an insensitive arseh*le?? It's hard to believe. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back