No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you guys get the feeling we have been playing teams as they reach the peak performance level and before they decline?

Cause its sure starting to look that way to me...
Clearly they spend all their petrol tickets playing us and are gassed for the rest of the season afterwards.

Clearly they spend all their petrol tickets playing us and are gassed for the rest of the season afterwards.
I think there’s been an element of hunting the standout team of the competition. I watched Port yesterday - well, small parts of the game - and they were pretty pedestrian against so-so Demons side. They weren’t close to how demonic they were against us. That doesn’t excuse or explain just how inept we were last week, but it must contribute to wearing a team down. That’s why it’s so hard to sustain the kind of footy we were playing over a whole season.

I did a ladder predictor. Had freo dropping out of the 8. We play Geelong first week, GWS in a prelim and Lions in the GF.

Alternative with freo making it, we play lions first week, Hawthorn/Geelong prelim and GWS/Lions in the final.

Unlikely that either will eventuate but was interesting giving the predictor a go.

I feel sorry for Carlton since we've got through exactly what they have.

But also, I think Hawthorn are the best team in the league atm, and I would be happy putting money on them for premiers if I gambled (I don't for obvious reasons).

About time someone calls out Craig McRae and for once I agree with Kane Cornes. As for stepping over the mark. McCartin had momentum and when the umpire told him to get back, he did. So **** you, Craig McRae. You can’t talk about home crowd decisions when you have 16 games at the one ****ing venue. I hope he gets a fine but the AFL are too weak to do anything when it’s Collingwood
Lets get our facts right. It is only 14 games at the MCG.

But also, I think Hawthorn are the best team in the league atm, and I would be happy putting money on them for premiers if I gambled (I don't for obvious reasons).
Hawks can’t finish above 6th …. tough to see them challenging.

If all the favourites win out from here, we’ll play Port in week 1 of the finals.

Which is so uncool.

Has Craig McRae been looked at for his comments about the umpires or has this been swept under the carpet in typical pro Victorian Football League fashion?

When Carlton voted us out of the league so they can steal our better players, I don’t feel sorry one bit for them. It’s all they deserve

Considering this crazy season, I wouldn't be shocked if pies, bombers & blues still make the finals.
Earlier this year the talk in Melbourne was how great it was that the "Big 3" were back in the top 8 and that the competition was better for it . A caller this morning joked that he wanted the Wildcard round introduced this year haha.

Depending how the ladder finishes, there might only be a couple of Finals in Melbourne. The AFL would hate that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier this year the talk in Melbourne was how great it was that the "Big 3" were back in the top 8 and that the competition was better for it . A caller this morning joked that he wanted the Wildcard round introduced this year haha.

Depending how the ladder finishes, there might only be a couple of Finals in Melbourne. The AFL would hate that.
I’ll love it

No one who supports us should be sorry for Carlton

I did a ladder predictor. Had freo dropping out of the 8. We play Geelong first week, GWS in a prelim and Lions in the GF.

Alternative with freo making it, we play lions first week, Hawthorn/Geelong prelim and GWS/Lions in the final.

Unlikely that either will eventuate but was interesting giving the predictor a go.

If that’s the case give us the cup now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly no finals at the mcg until the GF. It went from the big 3 potentially all finishing in the top 4 to them all missing. Suck it VFL.

Possibly no finals at the mcg until the GF. It went from the big 3 potentially all finishing in the top 4 to them all missing. Suck it VFL.

May have two prelims in Sydney as frankly I have GWS coming second. Port will lose this week to Adelaide, the Crows always beat those fools in Showdowns

17 is the number of games in Victoria.

I feel for Pies fans sometimes they have to travel to Marvel.

Their fixture every year is absolutely farcical yet they have the gall to think they are being disadvantaged(not kidding they think they are hard done by)

I dunno if its true as i CBF checking but i heard Essendon haven't left Melbourne since 12??

Disproportionate advantage in a long season especially with recovery and backing up.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back