No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened to Papley in 2022 didn't it that we were lucky that we played on the Friday and not the Thursday to open Finals. (Found the article with it below)

Swans sweat on schedule after Papley blow
Sydney came out of the game with the win and the all-important double, but it did come at a potential cost with Tom Papley subbed out in the first-half with concussion. Papley’s evening came to a premature end after his head hit the turf following a collision with team-mate Lance Franklin, which as a result of a potential fixture quirk, could see him miss the first final despite the pre-finals bye. If the Swans are in action on Thursday night the Swans star will miss as the game will fall 11 days after the initial contact, meaning he won’t clear concussion protocols in time. However, if the game is any later, Papley will be available for action.
That was a Sunday game

1 more than what Wicks got...
To say I am angry about Sam's 4 week suspension is an understatement. It is absolutely clear Johnson was concussed from the head knock and then he and Sam fell over Mitchell. Sam was an easy target for the AFL/VFL in their mission to create a legal defence to concussion litigation. The tribunal ignored Sam's evidence and basically called him a liar, ignored the clear video evidence and then smashed any hope he had of playing in premiership.

To say I am angry about Sam's 4 week suspension is an understatement. It is absolutely clear Johnson was concussed from the head knock and then he and Sam fell over Mitchell. Sam was an easy target for the AFL/VFL in their mission to create a legal defence to concussion litigation. The tribunal ignored Sam's evidence and basically called him a liar, ignored the clear video evidence and then smashed any hope he had of playing in premiership.
Who was the panel , it's a joke .
No one should get suspended for that

I see Zac Tuohy is retiring - a great player, tough, skillful and fair.

And from the Swans' point of view perhaps one that got away - my recollection is that the Cats picked him up from the Blues right when our unjust trade ban was in place. Of course, maybe we were never into him but he was exactly the type of player we liked to recruit and the fact that the Cats got 160+ games and a premiership out of him just irks.

Can't say as I blame you Ralphy, a bloody disgrace. Sammy must be devastated.

I see Zac Tuohy is retiring - a great player, tough, skillful and fair.

And from the Swans' point of view perhaps one that got away - my recollection is that the Cats picked him up from the Blues right when our unjust trade ban was in place. Of course, maybe we were never into him but he was exactly the type of player we liked to recruit and the fact that the Cats got 160+ games and a premiership out of him just irks.
One of a couple of blunders directly attributable to Mick Shithouse - along with Betts.

He might miss this one but he will get parts 2 and 3 of the threepeat

You have plenty of mates.

Oh kill me now, the Fairy Puppy love has started, if those frauds get through again, the AFL will lose me (not that they’d care of course)

Go Giants and then I’ll take Freo winning send the Bulldogs to 9th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the Giants and if we can't win it, I'd love to see the Giants do it.

I dream of an all NSW GF - as it should have been in 2016!
We were sent up there with SFA , this mob have been gifted from day 1 , if we with our culture got what they have , we'd have won 5 flags ! they are the enemy and should be treated like the SA teams against one another. You can follow NSW , but fact this is the AFL and only 1 team should be supported

We were sent up there with SFA , this mob have been gifted from day 1 , if we with our culture got what they have , we'd have won 5 flags ! they are the enemy and should be treated like the SA teams against one another. You can follow NSW , but fact this is the AFL and only 1 team should be supported
Hold the advantages they got against the AFL not the team. The Suns have shown that all the advantages in the world doesn't guarantee success and the Giants should be congratulated for making the most of them.
I don't think we are as tribal here in NSW.

Like this

Arnold Schwarzenegger Come At Me Bro GIF

Hold the advantages they got against the AFL not the team. The Suns have shown that all the advantages in the world doesn't guarantee success and the Giants should be congratulated for making the most of them.
I don't think we are as tribal here in NSW.
Yeah. I kinda wish you all were. But ces la vie or whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back