No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's finish to the season has been impressive.

After losing the first 5 rounds, they went 13-4.

And in the last 6 weeks of the year:
133 - 67 Collingwood
124 - 58 Adelaide
82 - 84 GWS (2 point loss)
112 - 38 Carlton
131 - 68 Richmond
170 - 46 North

Last heavy defeat was against the Cats 59 - 110. And prior to that was against us in R7 42 - 118. Outside of those two smashings, lost to Port by a point (R10 - 79 - 80) & GWS by 2 points (listed above).

That's phenomenal form heading into finals.

Lost to each of the top 4 sides, so they probably have a ceiling. But they're just as capable as any of the sides in the bottom half of the 8.

133 - 67 Collingwood
124 - 58 Adelaide
112 - 38 Carlton
131 - 68 Richmond
170 - 46 North

Last heavy defeat was against the Cats 59 - 110. And prior to that was against us in R7 42 - 118. Outside of those two smashings, lost to Port by a point (R10 - 79 - 80) & GWS by 2 points (listed above).

Lost to each of the top 4 sides, so they probably have a ceiling. But they're just as capable as any of the sides in the bottom half of the 8.
They’re a balloon that’ll burst.

Much like our 2022 side, they’ll get found out. This week.

Petracca wants out.
Next to no chance to come to us but:
A) Where do you think he will go
B) What trade will it take

I'm going St Kilda, they will give up King and 2 first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

133 - 67 Collingwood
124 - 58 Adelaide
112 - 38 Carlton
131 - 68 Richmond
170 - 46 North

So they've beaten 5 teams that didn't make the finals and one that Bradburyed there way into it. While I'd love to see them beat the Dogs, I'm afraid they'll be out in week 1.

Not taking anything away from the amazing job that Mitchell has done with this group, it's quite astonishing.

The AFL is a mess

If this is a sign that the AFL will generally take a kinder view to these incidents in order to not rub players out of finals, then great. If, OTOH, and as I suspect, this is a sign that the AFL will once again turn themselves in a knot to ensure the Dogs' fairy tale then not so effing great.

Leaving Ed Richards out of the AA squad is a shocking decision.

If he was called Ed Daicos, the press would be fawning all over him & he’d be one of the first picked.

Selecting the entire Freo midfield is a farce.

AA Squad

Minor premier Sydney has four players represented, with defender Nick Blakey joined by game-breaking midfield trio Chad Warner, Isaac Heeney and Errol Gulden

AA Squad

Minor premier Sydney has four players represented, with defender Nick Blakey joined by game-breaking midfield trio Chad Warner, Isaac Heeney and Errol Gulden
Well done to the Swans boys. All deserving.

But as per my post above, I think there’s a major clanger elsewhere. Do they know Freo missed the finals?

I honestly think WB and Hawthorn are the 2 best teams if the grandfinal was next week, glad that one is getting bumped out already, and then the other will have to go through 2 big weeks away before getting a home game.

Don't think either win it, but they're definitely then benchmark atm.

I honestly think WB and Hawthorn are the 2 best teams if the grandfinal was next week, glad that one is getting bumped out already, and then the other will have to go through 2 big weeks away before getting a home game.

Don't think either win it, but they're definitely then benchmark atm.
I think Hawthorn are good but i think it gets overblown quite a lot given the teams they have played in the last 2 months. Other than GWS its been stinker sides or injury riddled sides since the Geelong thumping in early July

I think Hawthorn are good but i think it gets overblown quite a lot given the teams they have played in the last 2 months. Other than GWS its been stinker sides or injury riddled sides since the Geelong thumping in early July
You can only play who you're fixtured against. But they smashed teams that many others didn't, so there's something there

You can only play who you're fixtured against. But they smashed teams that many others didn't, so there's something there
They in the last month and a half have beaten: North, Richmond, Carlton (had only beaten North in the 5 previous weeks and had injuries mounting and finished the game with no one on the bench), GWS, Adelaide, Collingwood (only like 2 legit KP players were playing for Collingwood at the time), Fremantle (Without Darcy or Pearce).

Yes that is some discounting but Kingy said today that most of the top teams are going in with 20-23 of their top 23 available so obviously Hawthorn will have confidence but i think they had an extremely easy run into finals after being flogged by Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back