No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Demons played down that he very nearly died on the table - a ruptured spleen is a car accident killer injury.

I guess he took exception to Melbourne pretending they managed it properly.

Heā€™s lost all trust with the club.

The Demons played down that he very nearly died on the table - a ruptured spleen is a car accident killer injury.

I guess he took exception to Melbourne pretending they managed it properly.

Heā€™s lost all trust with the club.
You canā€™t blame him to be honest.

Confirmation of my feeling that Geelong has had an easy draw

Some more. Trac info -

From Fox via Howies podcast-

The operation was done under a heavy local and sedation

He tried to whack the surgeon while on the table as he was confused.

The surgeon gave his GF a call and was told to come in as he might not last the night.šŸ˜Æ

Any wonder he hates the club - Iā€™m betting that surgeon had a few home truths to tell.

My experience in sport association level administration is that if a player doesn't want to be in the team, you have to let them go.

Doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong.

Details/specifics are of no consequence.

Keeping them doesn't work.

(Guess it best I add, "...as a rule")

My experience in sport association level administration is that if a player doesn't want to be in the team, you have to let them go.

Doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong.

Details/specifics are of no consequence.

Keeping them doesn't work.
Papley wanted to go but we kept him.
ROK wanted to go but we kept him.

Comes down to a case by case basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are very close to undoing all the hard work Roos did and heading towards the Neeld days.
Petracca is a risk now given how serious his injury was, physically and mentally, he may net be the same playerā€¦time will tell.

Petracca is a risk now given how serious his injury was, physically and mentally, he may net be the same playerā€¦time will tell.
Wouldn't blame him if at least early days he'd have some moments where he was uncertain about committing to contests.

Being told you may not have made it would surely mess with your head and make you reconsider how important football is in the grand scheme of things.

Papley wanted to go but we kept him.
ROK wanted to go but we kept him.

Comes down to a case by case basis.
Papley didn't really want to go but felt he had no alternative. We held him to his contract but worked with him to develop alternatives. Both sides on the same page.
ROK I don't know so much.
Jetta to me was sad. He REALLY didn't want to go but his wife was desperate. Of course he had to go back west. Still very much a Swan in my heart.

Its definitely a change in player movement look at the trades thread on the MB multiple players all on long term deals requesting trades.

Richmond are a monty to finish bottom 2 next season not sure why they are going the North route
Don't have a choice unless they can trade in a few Parker types (not actually Parker).

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back