No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting looking at the top 4's record against other top 4 sides. Looking purely at the statistics:

Geelong are just making up the numbers. We would want to avoid Port and GWS would want to avoid us. But of course finals are a different beast. I still think that Geelong's finals series will play out as expected, straight sets a possibility, but a prelim is their ceiling. Port will get found out as usual.

Sydney 3 - 1 (GWS, Gee, GWS) (PA)
Port 2 - 1 (Gee, Syd) (GWS)
Gee 0 - 3 (PA, GWS, Syd)
GWS 2 - 2 (Gee, PA) (Syd, Syd)

20240827_214854.jpg

Some more. Trac info -

From Fox via Howies podcast-

The operation was done under a heavy local and sedation

He tried to whack the surgeon while on the table as he was confused.

The surgeon gave his GF a call and was told to come in as he might not last the night.

Any wonder he hates the club - I’m betting that surgeon had a few home truths to tell.

Bloody hell that’s sickening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry i cant understand that graph
If you're referring to my post, it's from the article in the post I quoted. It is the expected difficulty of each teams H&A opponents based on their 2023 ladder position, compared to the actual difficulty based the their opponents 2024 ladder position.

GWS ended up having the 2nd hardest draw behind Adelaide. Port had the easiest draw this year along with WC.

So Port and Geelong could be fools gold heading into finals. Port's saving grace is that they match up well against us.

Well,it certainly says the Melb. doc should not have allowed him back out - he should have known there is too much risk of serious injury in that part of the torso.

My sis in law who’s a doctor says on that side it could have been a kidney or pancreas.
In the immediate aftermath of the match, he defended his return to the ground, saying he pushed for it, saying he was fine to continue. I wouldn't argue with the fact the doctors ought to over-rule in a situation like this, although we don't know what the doctor could tell when he came off the pitch.

He may well have grievances about the club, related to this incident or related to other things, but I don't think he can blame the club for the injury. It was an unfortunate "accident" ( in a sport that doesn't legislate against players with sharp kneecaps forcibly making contact with opponents' backs).

I don't doubt the experience has been traumatic for him, possibly becoming more traumatic with time than it was at first. But is that distorting his perspective on how/why the medical situation came about?

Last edited:
In the immediate aftermath of the match, he defended his return to the ground, saying he pushed for it, saying he was fine to continue. I wouldn't argue with the fact the doctors ought to over-rule in a situation like this, although we don't know what the doctor could tell when he came off the pitch.

He may well have grievances about the club, related to this incident or related to other things, but I don't think he can blame the club for the injury. It was an unfortunate "accident" ( in a sport that doesn't legislate against players with sharp kneecaps forcibly making contact with opponents' backs).

I don't doubt the experience has been traumatic for him, possibly becoming more traumatic with time than it was at first. But is that distorting his perspective on how/why the medical situation came about?
Maybe his initial comments were an automatic, reflex attempt to protect the club doctor and the club in general?

I guess only Trac and the club medical staff know what really happened?

Melbourne President Kate Roffey interviewed on SEN this morning.

She hasn't spoken to Petracca's family, because they "haven't been at the club for a couple of months".
Apparently she also hasn't spoken to Petracca himself and no mention of Pert or Goodwin doing so either.

I'm fairly sure at Sydney you'd have Pridham, Harley & Longmire all reaching out to a player/family in Petracca's circumstances.
The guy was in intensive care, yet it seems the club's off-field 'leaders' decided to follow the 'not my job' mantra.

Colless, Ireland, through to the present incumbents, bloody happy with our leaders, compared to those of other clubs.

Last edited:
2021 Melbourne will be known for being like 2000 Essendon. Had a dominate team for only one flag
Not a bad comparison at all actually. At least that 2000 Essendon side won a few more finals in the years immediately following their flag; Melbourne are 0-4 in finals since theirs.

She hasn't spoken to Petracca's family, because they "haven't been at the club for a couple of months".
Apparently she also hasn't spoken to Petracca himself and no mention of Pert or Goodwin doing so either.

I'm fairly sure at Sydney you'd have Pridham, Harley & Longmire all reaching out to a player/family in Petracca's circumstances.
The guy was in intensive care, yet it seems the club's off-field 'leaders' decided to follow the 'not my job' mantra.

Colless, Ireland, through to the present incumbents, bloody happy with our leaders, compared to those of other clubs.

Jesus they’ve absolutely bottle this one. Atrocious.

Oh well, I missed the days of Melbourne being perennial cellar dwellers. Looks like we’re heading back there.

Jesus they’ve absolutely bottle this one. Atrocious.

Oh well, I missed the days of Melbourne being perennial cellar dwellers. Looks like we’re heading back there.

What she said is really weird, on one hand; "we are constantly speaking to our players families"
Then; "I haven't spoken to Tracs family in quite a while, they haven't been at the club for a couple of months"
So in other words, if they are around and I see them I talk to them, but I don't go out of my way - even if a player gets seriously injured and has emergency surgery :think:
Gee I'm glad this isn't our club, I'd be disgusted.

What she said is really weird, on one hand; "we are constantly speaking to our players families"
Then; "I haven't spoken to Tracs family in quite a while, they haven't been at the club for a couple of months"
So in other words, if they are around and I see them I talk to them, but I don't go out of my way - even if a player gets seriously injured and has emergency surgery :think:
I hird it live and just couldn't believe it , some are making Trac out to be about himself , but he's not . So mush wrong behind the scenes there from the coaching to some players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounded really arrogant and/or quite self absorbed.

I took it a little differently.

I reckon the club has been reaching out to Petracca's family, they know they are not happy but she doesn't wish to admit it publicly

When I heard what she said I couldn't believe it. With everything that has gone on for WEEKS, how could she not have reached out? And then to say it was the Footy Departments job to speak to him. Wow. As you said, I could not imagine Harley and Pridham not contacting the family in this situation.

I'm so thankful how our club is run, from the Board down to the coaches. The Melbourne FC has a bad smell around it.

That is just unbelievable a club president along with all other leaders at Melbourne doesn't even realise they're abysmal.
Everyone on the outside can tell the entire club has a problem with culture and professionalism yet they keep sticking their head in the sand and saying everything is fine. The whole thing needs to be burned to the ground and start again.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back