No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If the rumors of "prelim or bust" for Hinkley are true then the Port players have an interesting decision to make:

Come to play and beat the Hawks to get an easy path into the GF (their recent record against us suggests they should be very confident to play us) or lose and get Hinkley sacked

If the Hinkley has lost the players or they think someone else will get the most out of them, this game is vital.

Hodge smashed ‘Minivan’ on SEN on Monday - and so did Slobbo. It seems the old school believe its far more of an issue than a lot of fans.

Slobbo is correct about one thing - Mitchell is going to be asked about it every day until they play Port.

The only angle about it that I can understand is Cornes' point that you're putting yourself in a situation to make yourself the centre of attention, for punters to go up to you and abuse you or interact with you in some way, and when you know the media will fixate on it which could be a distraction for your teammates.
I agree somewhat. But if you have that opinion you don't support players being at the pub at all. Because it can happen at any time.

I agree somewhat. But if you have that opinion you don't support players being at the pub at all. Because it can happen at any time.

To an extent, yeah there's always a risk of high profile players being targeted while out, and while that doesn't diminish their right to a public life, I think the point being made is the night before a Final it's best to just stay in or have a quiet one.

"Should the AFL finals series include MOTY and GOTY contenders?"

For the 954th time I have seen this question the past two days I think yes.

If the rumors of "prelim or bust" for Hinkley are true then the Port players have an interesting decision to make:

Come to play and beat the Hawks to get an easy path into the GF (their recent record against us suggests they should be very confident to play us) or lose and get Hinkley sacked

If the Hinkley has lost the players or they think someone else will get the most out of them, this game is vital.
Every single time Hinkley’s job has been on the line Port’s players have stepped it up a notch.

I would expect the same this week

Port would love to play us in a prelim. They are more than a chance.

Scumthorn have been meh. It does break me to say they are actually good to watch.

If I was Ken I'd be getting far away from Kochie and I'd just take the job at WCE. At least the fans are slightly less feral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was kind of a trippy stat...

Port became the 12th team this century to lose their qualifying final by 50+ points.

But all 11 of the others won their semi-finals the following week.

Yet none made the grand final.

Go Port Go

This was kind of a trippy stat...

Port became the 12th team this century to lose their qualifying final by 50+ points.

But all 11 of the others won their semi-finals the following week.

Yet none made the grand final.
No pressure then

If it was a Swans vs Port match-up in a prelim, would mean someone's breaking a curse either way. Hopefully us.
What curse would we be breaking? The 100+ point loss in the season?

If it was a Swans vs Port match-up in a prelim, would mean someone's breaking a curse either way. Hopefully us.
If we are to win the flag, we may have to run the gauntlet of breaking hoodoos. GWS Giants in a final, Port Adelaide anytime and showing up in a Grand Final

More like us not beating Port for yonks. With the pinnacle not being the bizarre belting a few weeks ago but rather the seesawing game at the SCG last year where Ollie’s last gasp shot fell agonisingly short.
Or the fact we haven’t beaten Port Adelaide since 2016. No curse at all “apparently”.

Or the fact we haven’t beaten Port Adelaide since 2016. No curse at all “apparently”.
Think we've only played them at home once in that time, but yeah it's a long streak. I wasn't saying there was no curse though? Just thought caesar was saying both teams would be doing something NEVER done, and obviously we have beaten Port before.

chad warner, jake lloyd (with young child ... i think it was lloyd) and james jordon at randwick races

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back