No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it? I think it's been discussed for a few months now that he was in line for a mega deal particularly if he didn't stay at Suns.
The game has changed, but when Buddy signed his deal, he was 26 and had kicked 500 goals.

Mac Andrew is 20 and has probably played a season's worth of good to great games.

He could absolutely be a stud for the next 10 years but it's insane money for a player with his standing in the game.

Good luck to him, but just surprising.

The game has changed, but when Buddy signed his deal, he was 26 and had kicked 500 goals.

Mac Andrew is 20 and has probably played a season's worth of good to great games.

He could absolutely be a stud for the next 10 years but it's insane money for a player with his standing in the game.

Good luck to him, but just surprising.

I think it's his versatility combined with his position and his age given that key positions usually take longer.

I've only been to Sydney a little so maybe a dumb question.

Would the Giants be better off in some ways playing at the SCG.

Felt like a pain in the arse to get out there (went to a random game after city to surf) Comapred to the SCG, as a visitor to the city.

Perhaps the fan base is all out there?

Felt like a pain in the arse to get out there (went to a random game after city to surf) Comapred to the SCG, as a visitor to the city.

It's not too difficult to get to, to be honest, it just feels isolated because there's so few facilities around it.

Our contract with the SCG means neither they or anyone else can play there, with a small loophole for finals or extreme circumstances... They'll grow, in another 10 years there fan base will be huge and we'll be lamenting them stealing our fans!

Our contract with the SCG means neither they or anyone else can play there, with a small loophole for finals or extreme circumstances... They'll grow, in another 10 years there fan base will be huge and we'll be lamenting them stealing our fans!

Yeah or closer to the city at least , didn't think about the contracts sorry.

As a visitor to town it felt like more a trek. But I am not used to more than 10 minutes to get places

Yeah or closer to the city at least , didn't think about the contracts sorry.

As a visitor to town it felt like more a trek. But I am not used to more than 10 minutes to get places
Lol! Well don't go to the northern beaches... only two ways in or out and both are at least 30-40 mins from the CBD on a weekend, can be a lot longer on a weekday! But I strongly recommended using public transport, getting a map and following the color codes. Absolutely the easiest and cheapest way to get about when you have no idea where you are going...

Lol! Well don't go to the northern beaches... only two ways in or out and both are at least 30-40 mins from the CBD on a weekend, can be a lot longer on a weekday! But I strongly recommended using public transport, getting a map and following the color codes. Absolutely the easiest and cheapest way to get about when you have no idea where you are going...

Issue with the northern beaches is the public transport is rubbish!

the transport was fine just found it slightly tedious to go out to the olympic park area, not much there at the time in about 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 4.5k 😂
A literal stroll on the park.....
200.gif

I like you can just walk from the opera house to the SCG

Bloody hell yeah I mean I guess in theory you can.. if you have a spare hour or so?

the transport was fine just found it slightly tedious to go out to the olympic park area, not much there at the time in about 2015

Express train from Central means it's not that much further on the train than walking to the SCG. It's just as you say not much out there makes it feel much more remote.

His potential is through the roof for sure.

Massive risk to commit that much to him though, I get that, but I suspect they had to go big to ward off Melbourne clubs.

Last edited:
Don't talk s**t about the northern beaches, oh wait your completely right. 25 minute drive to the SCG out of peak hour but on gameday its more like 75 minutes. And thats coming from the lower section. But hey we are too fancy to get any form of train or metro up to us.

Best way to go is probably find a way to get to Chatswood then take the metro into central and a light rail into Moore Park. Or have i stuffed something up with that path

Don't talk s**t about the northern beaches, oh wait your completely right. 25 minute drive to the SCG out of peak hour but on gameday its more like 75 minutes. And thats coming from the lower section. But hey we are too fancy to get any form of train or metro up to us.

Best way to go is probably find a way to get to Chatswood then take the metro into central and a light rail into Moore Park. Or have i stuffed something up with that path

Spot on, metro from Chatswood is something like 15 mins to Central which is pretty decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back