No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you need a second team in town for a Derby, although not sure how far Freo is from Perth relative to Canberra v Sydney.
Fremantle is 22kms from Perth (compared to 18kms from the SCG to the Showground).
GWS only exist for a manufactured rivalry with the Swans. Much like Brisbane and their rivalry with the Suns.

Fremantle is 22kms from Perth (compared to 18kms from the SCG to the Showground).
GWS only exist for a manufactured rivalry with the Swans. Much like Brisbane and their rivalry with the Suns.

I wouldn't say 'only'.

Game almost every week in NSW/ACT, expansion into under-utilised market (from a TV perspective), derby fixture for the Swans are all factors.

There is just no way for the AFL to enforce what a retail company can choose to pay the player wife/partner.

Geelong is a anomaly they will always have these intrinsic advantages over other teams.
I don't agree with that. I would be surprised if the amounts earned by Geelong players' partners from Cotton On weren't included in the ASA, unless any of said partners have a profile as a model that is independent of their relationship with a Geelong player. Otherwise it's a clear rort.

But there is a distinction to the Smith situation, where his current arrangement has been in place while he's been playing for a club not affiliated with Cotton On. As SM notes, I'm sure the AFL will keep a close eye on any renegotiation of his existing arrangement.

For integrity reasons, they have to look at any employment by either the club or a commercial associate and a family member. I doubt John Blakey's employment as a senior assistant coach caused them a problem when Nick was drafted to the club but they'd have kept an eye open for any sudden increases in what he was earning in that role. I'm sure they've had a look at Bronwyn Gulden's employment as an assistant coach for the AFLW team to make sure that a) she's being paid at a level commensurate with others across the competition in similar roles; and b) that she had the requisite experience and skill to be employed in the role. They've probably at least glanced at Hannah Campbell's role as a trainer at the club too.

I'm sure lots of people remember when the Giants appointed Tom Scully's dad in some kind of scouting role and the AFL deemed his salary needed to be included in the cap. I don't think he had much (or any) prior experience as an AFL scout, so the AFL was rightly suspicious.

Atleast Mcclure got something right, only took 5 tries with Dusty

Think he also got the Petracca story mostly right, so he must be starting to feel a bit smug(ger) than usual.

Think he also got the Petracca story mostly right, so he must be starting to feel a bit smug(ger) than usual.
It was obvious that he took the easy story of Trac and jazzed it up a lot. He said also sat completely on the fence whilst also at the same time saying that it was pretty much guaranteed. He takes about 5 positions on news and just hopes that people forget about the wrong 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sense of entitlement from Hawks fans this morning is really pissing me off. How can one group of fan base be this arrogant?
Their zone flags gifted to them in the 80s is probably your answer. Those guys then had sons who experienced their threepeat in the 2010s. Two generations think success is the norm and crack the shits when things don't go their way.

You could say the same about Victorian teams. All rivalries are manufactured.
No there not . Carlton and Collingwood were side by side as suburbs , all were mostly inner suburbs of Melbourne
Then we had the lake premiership between us and St Scum

The sense of entitlement from Hawks fans this morning is really pissing me off. How can one group of fan base be this arrogant?

They think 2025 is in the bag

Hinkley was just on crunchtime was very honest and took full blame , the fact is that the tip rat started it.
As for Mitchell the same bloke when playing against Essendon was mimicking injecting in to his arm , he's a 2 faced rat
Just like most Hawthorn people

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back