No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They have been in for 14 years , so what was our crowd in 96
They’ve been there for 12, our crowds were 9k in 1994 but we were shit on the field.

Went up to 24k once we got plugger and made a grand final

Back in 2008 Swans played a home final against North in front of 19k. We had around 27k members at the time.

GWS 18k less its Kayo member's etc. is probably a similar ratio.

I was there that night, it sticks in the mind! Richards kicked a goal I think? Was a brilliant night in the sense that you could look around and know that those were the rusted on supporters.

I was there that night, it sticks in the mind! Richards kicked a goal I think? Was a brilliant night in the sense that you could look around and know that those were the rusted on supporters.
I was as well. I remember the crowd number was a sticking point. Two years earlier the Swans had played in back to back grand finals and now couldn’t draw a crowd.

Homebush was always a hard trip and North didn’t attract a crowd either.

I was as well. I remember the crowd number was a sticking point. Two years earlier the Swans had played in back to back grand finals and now couldn’t draw a crowd.

Homebush was always a hard trip and North didn’t attract a crowd either.
Wasn't it really terrible weather that night also?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of Sydney based callers to SEN , saying GWS have no hope where they are , then 1 imba said we should be called East Sydney Swans .
Another one said the SCG is hard to get to and Homebush easy
That caller must live at Homebush

LOVE THE CAPITALS TBH the games is called Aussie Rules , AFL is a competition !
Tbf AFL has become a generic term for Australian Football, like Hoovering is vacuuming or every cooler is an esky…

Tbf AFL has become a generic term for Australian Football, like Hoovering is vacuuming or every cooler is an esky…

Hoovering isn't a great example as it's an Americanism, like Kleenex has replaced tissue over there but not here.

Hoovering isn't a great example as it's an Americanism, like Kleenex has replaced tissue over there but not here.
My mum used to do the hoovering where I grew up! It’s still illustrates the point…

I guess my point is GWS need to provide a ‘winning experience’, to gain a solid following.

Losing to us in a final doesn’t help.
They’ve beaten us in 3 consecutive finals before this, how much more of a winning experience do they need to provide, short of winning a premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back