No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL clubs aren’t normal work environments. The analogy to that is odd. If it was a normal work environment it wouldn’t make national headlines.

Yes the Giants players carried on like young men who should know better. At worst fine them for being idiotic 20 something’s.

However, AFL are happy for players to dress like serial killers (murder is a bit of laugh) and for players to not wear pride jumpers because of their homophobic ideology. Soon as you get the blow up doll out though, out with the sanctions.

AFL should stick to running the competition rather than trying to moralise all that happens.

AFL clubs aren’t normal work environments. The analogy to that is odd. If it was a normal work environment it wouldn’t make national headlines.

Yes the Giants players carried on like young men who should know better. At worst fine them for being idiotic 20 something’s.

However, AFL are happy for players to dress like serial killers (murder is a bit of laugh) and for players to not wear pride jumpers because of their homophobic ideology. Soon as you get the blow up doll out though, out with the sanctions.

AFL should stick to running the competition rather than trying to moralise all that happens.
No-one is claiming the AFL are consistent or always correct.

So there should be lower standards because they are famous?

Let me get this right -

Connor Idun gets sanctioned for dressing up as a black guy from a movie.

A bunch of players get sanctioned for doing nothing.
The Josh Fahey skit is impersonating NRL player Jarryd Hayne who was accused of raping a girl while his taxi driver was waiting outside. So he is possibly pretending to bite the genitalia of a blow up doll in homage to what Hayne was accused of doing.

You can understand why he got the longest suspension.

AFL clubs aren’t normal work environments. The analogy to that is odd
And they should be. People can't pull the "its a different environment" card when players are making slave and rape jokes on company money and also claim its a workplace when a player is injured or racially abused by a fan.

This type of behaviour, btw, if not punished is what leads to people thinking it is OK to abuse players.

These players (for better or worse) are role models for a lot of young people. That matters a lot. This was not a private function and I am sick to death of people saying it is when it isn't. The venue rightfully complained to the AFL who was probably the ones footing the bill for this gorup's innappropriate behaviour.

**** honestly since we won the prelim being a fan of this code has been the ****ing worst...

And they should be. People can't pull the "its a different environment" card when players are making slave and rape jokes on company money and also claim its a workplace when a player is injured or racially abused by a fan.

This type of behaviour, btw, if not punished is what leads to people thinking it is OK to abuse players.

These players (for better or worse) are role models for a lot of young people. That matters a lot. This was not a private function and I am sick to death of people saying it is when it isn't. The venue rightfully complained to the AFL who was probably the ones footing the bill for this gorup's innappropriate behaviour.

**** honestly since we won the prelim being a fan of this code has been the ****ing worst...
Who from the public was allowed? I must have missed my invite.

It was a private function.

It was a work related event, in a venue and room accessible by venue staff and members of the public. Unless you can tell me they had security on the door preventing access, and even then venue staff can still access.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that they imitated a violent rape is enough. Anyone defending that should just shut the f**k up.
or go support the Giants.
or both.

Have any of you got daughters. Would you want them around these clowns.

Each to there own.

I wouldn't.

It was a work related event, in a venue and room accessible by venue staff and members of the public. Unless you can tell me they had security on the door preventing access, and even then venue staff can still access.
Clubs have minders to make sure the players are left alone.

Yes no staff were allowed. Players had to serve their own drinks behind the bar…

Clubs have minders to make sure the players are left alone.

Yes no staff were allowed. Players had to serve their own drinks behind the bar…

Ok fair enough. Still not their venue and still a work related event. So the venue had a right to report it and the club/AFL to investigate and take action.

Or maybe do it at someone's house with people you know are up for / comfortable with anything. You're still probably a d***head but at least no-one else has to put up with you.
That's when you invite the whole issue of neighbours suing for stress and trauma because the neighbours kids were on the balcony watching hitler toss the blow up doll to Stalin.

Just out of curiosity, for the folks who think they were just bad jokes and the punishment doesn't fit the crime... do you want to end the violence against women crisis in our country or not?

Kinda getting the vibe that people are more interested in protecting the right to shit comedy than the lives and safety of women.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back