Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

There will be people disappointed re draft picks. FMD, this is culture building. Stick your lower draft pick where the sun don’t shine. It’s not everything.
Even with a few more wins the Saints will probably get pick 5 or 6 anyway. (Not counting any hypothetical Battle compensation). It will be only Adelaide and maybe Hawthorn that Saints will overtake. Still plenty of potentially good mid options in the top 7-8 in the draft.

It’s important to understand while this was a great win, there are no guarantees we replicate this performance against the Crows next week.

That’s our frustration to a degree. We don’t know what side is going to show up when it comes to skill execution.

If we lose next week, the same loud voices will sprout their negativity and normal programming will resume. Great game from Pou, but don’t be upset if he doesn’t have 26 and 1 every game until the end of the season.

The kids are good. I have no doubt about that. But we still need to improve our midfield. All we can do is build a winning culture going into 2025. We have no idea what Battle is doing and what our draft hand will look like.

It’s important to understand while this was a great win, there are no guarantees we replicate this performance against the Crows next week.

That’s our frustration to a degree. We don’t know what side is going to show up when it comes to skill execution.

If we lose next week, the same loud voices will sprout their negativity and normal programming will resume. Great game from Pou, but don’t be upset if he doesn’t have 26 and 1 every game until the end of the season.

The kids are good. I have no doubt about that. But we still need to improve our midfield. All we can do is build a winning culture going into 2025. We have no idea what Battle is doing and what our draft hand will look like.
Come back tomorrow ya killjoy

I forgot about it because his 2 goals were early, but 5 goals in 2 weeks for Marshall is great (he had only kicked 2 for the year before that). It should have been one more as well, if not for that ridiculous Milne bounce. I didn't rate him as a forward before last weeks game, but he has proven me wrong. I would like to see Heath come in so Marshall can spend a bit more time forward. Membrey tried hard today, but I don't think Heath would have done any worse than he did.
I think part of it is the coaches trying to get him to take advantage of the opposing ruck playing loose interceptor, and that's why it only works with him sole Rucking

Trying to force some mismatches inside 50, and it has worked quite well. Sydney made the adjustment some time in the 2nd and quelled it, but damage was already done

Won't work every week, but is a nice tool to roll out with the right matchup

Come back tomorrow ya killjoy
Hahaha don’t worry, I’ve celebrated this win as hard as any.

So bloody happy for Pou. Like many, have seen the talent and hard work, and have been waiting for a game like today to give him the confidence at the level.

As an Adelaide based Saint, I’d love nothing more than to beat the Crows

Brilliant win today and I don’t care what draft pick we get winning is winning lets build that culture.
Also top draft picks means nothing tell me which group of players you would prefer

Group A
Billings
Dunstan
Coffield
Clark

Group B
Wilkie
Sinclair
Marshall
Sharman.

I hope we pick a gun in the draft and I don’t care what number we get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how often we found that kick at 70m out. Felt like we made the Swans backs have to come up to defend that kick, leaving us with room over the back to lead into. Phillipou and Henry tried that kick a lot and - most of the time - it came off.

Get all the pick 4s you want in the world - it doesn't beat a win like that.

Don’t know where I was looking at the time but I missed the Heeney hit on Webster. Couldn’t understand why Heeney was being booed. Just watched the mini - cannot understand how the umps managed to miss it ( there are four of them afterall 🙄) and there was no one else nearby. What a shocker of a non-decision leading to the goal.
Any money he’ll get off?

Don’t know where I was looking at the time but I missed the Heeney hit on Webster. Couldn’t understand why Heeney was being booed. Just watched the mini - cannot understand how the umps managed to miss it ( there are four of them afterall 🙄) and there was no one else nearby. What a shocker of a non-decision.
Any money he’ll get off?
Deserves a week.
I actually think it was an accident and he almost stopped to apologise after he hit him.
Accident or not you can’t back hand someone in the face.
1 week for me won’t be surprised if he gets off as a Brownlow fancy.

Brilliant win today and I don’t care what draft pick we get winning is winning lets build that culture.
Also top draft picks means nothing tell me which group of players you would prefer

Group A
Billings
Dunstan
Coffield
Clark

Group B
Wilkie
Sinclair
Marshall
Sharman.

I hope we pick a gun in the draft and I don’t care what number we get.
Totally agree that you can get talent anywhere, and we are probably one of the poster boy clubs for that with some of our successes with Sinclair, Wilkie and Marshall all being All Australian calibre players.

But we need star-level midfielders, and there is no surer avenue to acquiring them (especially when you’re not a destination club), than the pointy end of the draft. and the best part is, that doesn’t stop ya from grabbing a steal later in the draft either, best of both worlds.

Don’t know where I was looking at the time but I missed the Heeney hit on Webster. Couldn’t understand why Heeney was being booed. Just watched the mini - cannot understand how the umps managed to miss it ( there are four of them afterall 🙄) and there was no one else nearby. What a shocker of a non-decision leading to the goal.
Any money he’ll get off?
He'll get off. Bookmark it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back