Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Hw do you feel about the way the club is playing Garcia, Hastie and Schoenmaker?

Collard & Hastie, obviously under physically developed, but so was NAS when he started.

Schoey was racking up the numbers in the two's, so deserved a spot & stiff to be dropped over last week's game in the wet.

Garcia is a good pressure player, needs to work on his run & spread & accumulation, which the two's would help with.

Sorry, thought I would chime in.

Last edited:
May 2 x AA Lever 1 x AA Yep that's going hard and early with a fair dash of wishful thinking
Obviously I don’t mean they’re at that quality but they have similar attributes especially physically

Also, no reason why Arie couldn’t be an AA as our full back during our premiership window - his kick will make him stand out ahead of other FBs as long as he can defend sufficiently

Obviously I don’t mean they’re at that quality but they have similar attributes especially physically

Also, no reason why Arie couldn’t be an AA as our full back during our premiership window - his kick will make him stand out ahead of other FBs as long as he can defend sufficiently

Could he be similar too Matty Maguire, hopefully without the injuries & the gut punch.

Hw do you feel about the way the club is playing Garcia, Hastie and Schoenmaker?

They have only played a couple of AFL games and then out, so its a completely different scenario. They are not getting games when they shouldnt be like others.

But what if the fair hair tangles with great aunts….?!
Off topic, but it still involves "entanglement"... I have a mate that went mad with piercings back in the day. He had a few noise rings and quite literally got hooked up with a girl that had a rather more private piercing. Unfortunately such privacy did not extend to public exhibitionism, and his face was firmly lodged onto her holy of holies at Goo nightclub at the metro circa 1997 (#Gringo2011 was probably there at the time too 😆)
Several bouncers had to figure out the physics of it all, whilst I laughed my arse off with several dozen other punters, all the while wondering who was going to get in between the two to undo (unscrew) the situation.
Needless to say they were kicked out for their shenanigans, and since they were staying at my gaff, I had to go with them...but by god did I make them suffer.
I still laugh about it to this day...

Off topic, but it still involves "entanglement"... I have a mate that went mad with piercings back in the day. He had a few noise rings and quite literally got hooked up with a girl that had a rather more private piercing. Unfortunately such privacy did not extend to public exhibitionism, and his face was firmly lodged onto her holy of holies at Goo nightclub at the metro circa 1997 (#Gringo2011 was probably there at the time too 😆)
Several bouncers had to figure out the physics of it all, whilst I laughed my arse off with several dozen other punters, all the while wondering who was going to get in between the two to undo (unscrew) the situation.
Needless to say they were kicked out for their shenanigans, and since they were staying at my gaff, I had to go with them...but by god did I make them suffer.
Holy Piercing Cluster F…….!

Over the last few seasons I've kept an eye on Ben Dixon's tips. He hardly ever tips the Saints. Maybe 2-3 times a season when we are playing the likes of North. I thought this week would be one of those few rare occasions.

Nope. He picks the Eagles. I think the tool hates us with a passion.

Over the last few seasons I've kept an eye on Ben Dixon's tips. He hardly ever tips the Saints. Maybe 2-3 times a season when we are playing the likes of North. I thought this week would be one of those few rare occasions.

Nope. He picks the Eagles. I think the tool hates us with a passion.
He’s got to be one of the worst analysts in the game. Low intellect, with high confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goo circa 1997 - now I know we definitely have some of the same friends!!!

Dollar pots at redheads to midnight then off goo for some decent music!

Last edited:
He’s got to be one of the worst analysts in the game. Low intellect, with high confidence.
He is occasionally on First Crack filling in and its reaaaaally stark how far behind the others he is in his analysis.

Both King and Montagna have improved their game analysis a heap in the last 5 years and King makes the smart decision not to make overall list comments and wild guesses any longer.

Dixon is incredibly shallow by comparison and his biases, particularly towards Hawthorn, are really obvious.

He must have been filthy when he got fired from the Saints for doing a piss poor job of it.

He is occasionally on First Crack filling in and its reaaaaally stark how far behind the others he is in his analysis.

Both King and Montagna have improved their game analysis a heap in the last 5 years and King makes the smart decision not to make overall list comments and wild guesses any longer.

Dixon is incredibly shallow by comparison and his biases, particularly towards Hawthorn, are really obvious.

He must have been filthy when he got fired from the Saints for doing a piss poor job of it.

Dixon is the Fox fill in sub, he only gets a gig on First Crack or OTC when the other more qualified ex-players take a week off.

He is even out of his depth on Bounce compared to the likes of Cam Mooney or Bernie Vince.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a full four quarter performance, not sure we've had one this year, maybe the pies game? Eagles without McGovern, Yeo, Duggan and Waterman, absolutely no excuses. I'd love to see Snags and Butler get busy and hit the scoreboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back