Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem under Richo and Trout was that we couldn't even draft a core with later picks. We wasted the national draft picks for a decade with very little to show for any of the development and time put in. Toce showed how you can take a few less certain but still very high upside players in later rounds. Kids like Garcia, Keeler and Ari look like they could end up being Warner like selections.
We wasted a lot of picks and also had some terrible luck.

You need superstars to become one of the best teams in the comp. For a while we have been a team of battlers.

The fact that Phillipou is 19 and wants to be the best player in the competition is pretty exciting. You can see that he has attributes to be a gun, his marking, his kicking. Still needs to work on decision making but all the best players make mistakes. The fact he was able to insert himself into that game in the last quarter was exciting, nailed that goal and was involved in some glorious chains.

He looks like a player that we may be able to build the midfield around in the future. That would be an absolute game-changer for us.

I reckon that match shows that we need to redeploy him. Marshall has been given more licence to drop forward to excellent effect.

Some one needs to move him out of the deep post. Get him running up high, that was his best footy this season. Otherwise if we have him for 10 years, build his body up and turn him into a ruck forward. He's got natural talent but we are wasting it.

Sharman roaming around really rattled their zone. He wouldn't stop moving and it made them nervous. If that was Max they would have just sat a player in front of him all night and that would have made him disappear.
Does my head in how a guy that quick with good agility thinks locking up with a gorilla fullback is the way to go. He needs to be more Cameron and less Hawkins imo. First things first though he needs to get his body right.

Was his step kid. His partner also posted some nice family photos of them in the rooms after the game so we are making sure their family feels embraced at the club. Hopefully it's enough to get the signature.
Maybe you can clarify …
Did Ross say something in his presser about getting the families more involved and that some of the kids were “working in the room” or something similar? I couldn’t really make out what he was saying.

Anyway, getting families more involved has to be a good thing imo n

Imagine if we'd traded RoMa. He's gone up a level this year, absolute beast competitor. He looks like a big happy puppy but no-one in the side has his competitive streak. He's the type that will win finals for you.

I remember looking up his goal kicking a couple of years ago and his biggest tally was 13 goals in a season. He keeps up his scoring he's going to be in the absolute best ruck in the competition debate. Probably even pushing superstar quality if he kicks 20 goals a season while rucking.
Wilkie says hello.
He was so p…d off at that first goal or two of the Swans.

That kick of Roma’s from right out near the boundary was absolutely massive. He’s seems to have become a more reliable goal kicker this past season too.

Matteus Philippou with one of the biggest responses I can remember.

Couldn't get a hand on in the weeks leading up to being dropped.

26 Disposals, 5 clearances, 714 meters gained, 1.1, from 68% TOG. ****ing huge! And against a Swans midfield!
Time to send mitchito to the vfl! Let him dominate and bring him back for the final rounds

Gee, watching the highlights, Higgins and Henry really got us going when we needed it - that’s a good half forward combo right there. Especially in the third quarter, both of them kicking multiple goals, and setting up others.

Phillipou then joins the party and then keeps the momentum running into the 4th, delightful.

Time to send mitchito to the vfl! Let him dominate and bring him back for the final rounds
Man Mitch would absolutely obliterate Oppo mids in the VFL. If it means he actually plays some mid time, I'm not against it. However if it's just to plonk him in the forward line, I'd rather he did that at AFL level

Man Mitch would absolutely obliterate Oppo mids in the VFL. If it means he actually plays some mid time, I'm not against it. However if it's just to plonk him in the forward line, I'd rather he did that at AFL level
Yep sorry I meant throw him there as a midfielder! Let him rack up 30 and kick goals from the midfield not as an undersized tall forward. It worked with windy it’s worked with pou let’s try it with him since he’s found it hard to thrive in his current situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is hoping that put the Pou witch hunt leaders away for a week at least
Absolutely there M.

It was absolutely crazy some of the suggestions floating around re the Pou.

He's a 19 YO "Alpha dog" who absolutely wants to be the best.

Just cannot wait to see what he brings in the years ahead.

It was no huge surprise to see him play a "blinder" yesterday.

For the record........he trained very well last Friday.....was "keeping an eye " on him during the session.

He did a few very nice things that raised my eyebrow.

Yep sorry I meant throw him there as a midfielder! Let him rack up 30 and kick goals from the midfield not as an undersized tall forward. It worked with windy it’s worked with pou let’s try it with him since he’s found it hard to thrive in his current situation
Would love to see Owens getting some midfield time, doesn't need to be a starting mid or on main midfield minutes but being given a license to drift up and play on the ball when appropriate could add a difference to our clearances

I told you guys we were a chance here & things weren't as bad as they seemed, what a great fckn win!!

And I even ended up backing us you fkcn beauty!!
Outstanding form there SS.

Impressive !!!!!!!

Any chance you can give us a few sneaky numbers for this week's Powerball ?????

:p :p :p

Finally a chance to sit down after today's game.
How good is it waking up and realizing we had a win like that.

As I said last night....wins like that don't drop out of the sky on us all that often.

I'll say it again....soak it up....lap it up.

Enjoy the week Sainters !!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back