Official Club Stuff 2024 AGM - to be held on Friday 6th December 2024, 1 director to be elected by members. Nominations called for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken was given a 2 year extension in 2023, publicly backed by Koch in August 2023, no idea when it was formalised and signed.

The way Koch always explains things is that the Footy Committee recommended to the board that he be our coach in 2024 and 2025, in August 2023, after we had made enough wins to guarantee a finals birth.

The club reported it on its website on 14th August 2023, see;

“The Board and management of the Port Adelaide Football Club are totally aligned in our view that Ken Hinkley is the best person to coach this playing group moving forward,” Mr Koch said.

“Following a thorough process and recommendation by the Football Strategic Committee, the Port Adelaide board unanimously endorsed Ken’s extension.
“We believe confirming Ken’s contract extension now provides our football program with confidence and certainty heading into an exciting finals campaign. Our win on Sunday locked away a top four finish providing a strong platform heading into September.

You can take the unanimous bit as the professional bullshitter bullshiting, just like governments and corporations say their decision was unanimous when it wasn't, but the majority rule means cabinet members / board members have to publicly support the decision, or resign.

I have never heard of a committee or board vote result made public. Always it was a unanimous decision, which is BS most times.

The 8th of July 2023 we won our 13th game in a row have a 14-2 record and have qualified for the finals, Koch's pass mark, then proceeded to loose 4 in a row, the 4th game was Geelong at Kardinia Park, then on Sunday 13th August Rd 22 or 24 we beat GWS by 8 goals at AO.

I suspect the decision to reappoint Ken was either after we won our 12th game in a row or 13th and had definitely qualified for finals. On the Footy Committee then would have been Snowdon, Cardone, CD, Richo and Cassisi and maybe 1 other director.

Kevin Osborn was on the committee in 2020 as that's the last year I have of our Yearbook. The other 2 board members on the committee at the were Darren Cahill and Gavin Waganeen, so Kevin was probably the 3rd director on the committee in 2023, and replaced by Tredders in 2024.
Shouldn’t committee notes submitted to the board be available to the public as part of the board meeting. Each meeting should be available and is recorded.

Shouldn’t committee notes submitted to the board be available to the public as part of the board meeting. Each meeting should be available and is recorded.
Members = Directors under our constitution. Club Members aren't members of the company under Corporations Act definition.

Have you ever heard of BHP or Commonwealth Banks board minutes or committee minutes being available to shareholders?

Which section of the Corporations Act covers that for public companies??

Port is a public company limited by guarantee. It isn't a public company that trades on a stock exchange but it is subject to all public company laws and regulations.

He was very much in the “Remember 2012? Who you gonna get?” camp.

He also put a lot of emphasis on nearly beating Hawthorn in the 2014 Prelim….10 whole years ago.

After the Brisbane loss, Aber on TV reported "the players love him but do they respect him" and he sounded a bit miffed.

Still, I don't trust where he's at.

I'm still hopeful that Snowdon stands with Tredrea and Carr, and so there would have to be a really good transparent candidate that does not have me vote for Snowdon.

I wonder if when the time comes and we know the candidates for election, Chewy can provide information.

Members = Directors under our constitution. Club Members aren't members of the company under Corporations Act definition.

Have you ever heard of BHP or Commonwealth Banks board minutes or committee minutes being available to shareholders?

Which section of the Corporations Act covers that for public companies??

Port is a public company limited by guarantee. It isn't a public company that trades on a stock exchange but it is subject to all public company laws and regulations.
Interesting, I know FBAA board minutes were made available to members, pretty sure same structure.

Interesting, I know FBAA board minutes were made available to members, pretty sure same structure.
That's an association of professionals, so they would be very open to sharing info with people they are supposed to represent and lobby for.

A footy club with all types of members is a bit different.

If I was a paid up member I'd nominate Fizzler after that TikTok of his.

Spoke better than any of these clowns (WGT excepted).
Sadly as I’m not a paid up member I’m not even eligible to run. Wouldn’t be super feasible at present since I’d have to fly in too frequently but perhaps someday, many years down the line

Fairly certain former players can only go through the member elected route, that’s why Tredrea had to wait a year. ....
That is a David Koch stipulation not a constitutional restriction. If Koch wants Cassisi on the board there is nothing to stop him from appointing him if there is an AFL appointment vacancy.

Edit: as RussellEbertHandball explained

Would Abernathy run again? What was his actual stance on Ken and our underperformance?

If Abernathy running against Tredrea wasn't purely Koch inspired to try and keep Tredrea off the board then he should definitely be running against Snowden.

Does Abernathy genuinely want to be on the board or did he just want to keep Tredrea from being on the board?

🤣🤣🤣🤣 - Oh wow….

So Friday, 6th December, we are gonna people (me included) coming for the throat of this board and numb nuts if he is there.

With the anger and hurt of 12 years of utter incompetency in the system.

Things are, in my opinion, going to be fiery to stay the least, but I’m very intrigued by the decision of moving back the AGM from February to December.

I love the fact that they are being done in December, where they belong, but the timing of Kochie's decision is very interesting. Why now? The club knows what is coming to them, and a LOT of people will ask tough, uncomfortable questions to the hierarchy. Did WGT and other board members convince DK to bring them back to December so people can get things off their chest while the mind is still fresh? As mentioned by RussellEbertHandball, do they want short terms on election periods? From a hierarchy pov and mostly Kochie's, why make the move now?

But hey, bring on the 6th of December. Let’s see what spin they spin on Golden Turd; that’s been the 12 years of mediocrity from this hierarchy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a good step.

Please force them to address the issue of member control and why we have no plan in place.

We're fundamentally a broken club because of the lack of member power. Fixing that is more important than getting rid of Koch or Hinkley.

To use an analogy its like complaining that we've been a bit unlucky with the current dictator. The solution isnt a better dictator, the solution is democracy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2024 AGM - to be held on Friday 6th December 2024, 1 director to be elected by members. Nominations called for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back