F1 2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving the Sky commentary combination this weekend. Intelligent and informed no-BS assessment and interviewing.

And how bloody good is Andrea Stella as the McLaren team principal? His interview with Ted Kravitz was short and to the point but very informative - happy to let Lando and Oscar race so long as it doesn't upset the team and gives a point by point assessment about how they did just that in the Sprint race. My favourite team principal atm by a country mile.

As someone said above. The favourite European track for racing and a commentary team that works. Very happy.

Loving the Sky commentary combination this weekend. Intelligent and informed no-BS assessment and interviewing.

And how bloody good is Andrea Stella as the McLaren team principal? His interview with Ted Kravitz was short and to the point but very informative - happy to let Lando and Oscar race so long as it doesn't upset the team and gives a point by point assessment about how they did just that in the Sprint race. My favourite team principal atm by a country mile.

As someone said above. The favourite European track for racing and a commentary team that works. Very happy.
Andrea Stella is very underrated, and flys under the radar because of Zak Brown's large presence.

Andrea Stella is very underrated, and flys under the radar because of Zak Brown's large presence.
Yep. And it says something about the leadership quality of Zak Brown that he has elevated Stella to the high profile role within the team.

Imho fwiw, so much attention atm is being placed on driver movements between the old favourites of Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari when all the signals suggest that McLaren has built a team with the confidence, transparency and competence at all levels to storm to the top of F1 rankings.

And I reckon they know it too.

If I was Oscar Piastri I'd be forever grateful to Mark Webber for his negotiating skills that got me to driving for McLaren at the start of my F1 career.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, nah.

Everyone else is within 100ths of each other. Being half a second quicker on this track is not all driver skill.

Dunno why everyone wants to be so quick declaring McLaren to have passed Red Bull, aside from Verstappen worship.

Strong words from Oscar. He is pissed.

McLaren are appealing.
Appeal failed due to:

"the stewards deemed the protest inadmissible, because a decision of the stewards is not open to protest, and McLaren did not specify any relevant regulations or who the protest was lodged against, as well as addressing it to the wrong administrator."

Why would they even include the last 2 points if the first is indeed true?

“Yuki Tsunoda has been fined €40,000 for his use of obscene and derogatory language towards his fellow drivers over his team radio in qualifying.”

probably petty cash even though he’s at the lower end of the f1 driver pay scale

the reason for the failure of oscar's track limit protest. what a crock of s**t

They decided that the protest could not be allowed for the following reason: "A decision by the stewards is not open to protest." Moreover, they ruled that the protest did not meet all the requirements: for example, it was not addressed to the right person and it was not clear against whom the protest was made.

“Yuki Tsunoda has been fined €40,000 for his use of obscene and derogatory language towards his fellow drivers over his team radio in qualifying.”
probably petty cash even though he’s at the lower end of the f1 driver pay scale

For those thinking it was some horrific racial or homophobic slur, he said on his team radio: “these guys are f***ing ret****d”
(they had zero issues with he f***ing part)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back