Brownlow 2024 Brownlow - Congratulations Patrick Cripps Dual Brownlow Medallist 🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all well done to Crippa. Deserving winner regardless of number of votes.

What I can't understand, is how the voting has changed with more umpires. Theoretically, the more umpires, the more they see in all parts of the ground. Surely they discuss the votes as a team?

With 1 or 2 umpires, you could get a wingman like Keith Greig win, a ruckman like Dempsey or Moss, forwards like Blight, Templeton, Quinlan, defenders like Hardie. Now with 4, they just can't seem to acknowledge anything that happens outside possession numbers.

There is so many anomalies, but all of us acknowledged that TDK had a great patch before he got injured. Yet he got 1 vote? It's not like the umpires don't know who the lesser known players are - they call them all by their first names. It has just got ridiculous with the lack of effort they seem to put into it, compared to what used to happen.

First of all well done to Crippa. Deserving winner regardless of number of votes.

What I can't understand, is how the voting has changed with more umpires. Theoretically, the more umpires, the more they see in all parts of the ground. Surely they discuss the votes as a team?

With 1 or 2 umpires, you could get a wingman like Keith Greig win, a ruckman like Dempsey or Moss, forwards like Blight, Templeton, Quinlan, defenders like Hardie. Now with 4, they just can't seem to acknowledge anything that happens outside possession numbers.

There is so many anomalies, but all of us acknowledged that TDK had a great patch before he got injured. Yet he got 1 vote? It's not like the umpires don't know who the lesser known players are - they call them all by their first names. It has just got ridiculous with the lack of effort they seem to put into it, compared to what used to happen.
The TDK part is what surprised me most, as his best games arguably he was dominating as an extra mid, especially on the inside, which is what the umps seem to give votes for.

Captain has a pearler of a year, wins the Brownlow by a mile, pundits and commentators believe the system is “broken” bahaha! You could make tripe taste good if you heaped that much salt on it.
Gerard Whatley leading the charge, unsurprisingly.

Surely they discuss at each break, my son umps in the EDFL juniors and they are advised to talk at each break and note on a pad their 4 or 5 best each quarter.
By the end of the game they refer back to those and determine the votes.
It’s not hard.

That Petty game, he was enormous in the last quarter and a half. Plucking serious contested marks from everywhere and was a big reason for the win. He wasn’t great when the game was being setup in the first half but sensational in the second half.

Actually think the umps deeply thought about influence on the result more than those racking up the numbers under their noses

Much like Lester on the weekend, he turned the game with a monster second half yet if that was the Brownlow probably wouldn’t get a vote normally. I’d have given him 3 votes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Captain has a pearler of a year, wins the Brownlow by a mile, pundits and commentators believe the system is “broken” bahaha! You could make tripe taste good if you heaped that much salt on it.
Gerard Whatley leading the charge, unsurprisingly.
Whateley is predictable if nothing else

I didn’t think so after the CFC interview afterwards. Said he loves playing under Vossy and is a great leader of men. What was interesting in the CFC interview was that he said “we’re not far but very far. Need to get boys more consistently on the park and then anything can happen”.

That’s a jab on Russell if anything.
He loves Russell and Clarke ...

Remember Liam Pickering questioning Crippa because he thought that he didnt give enough support to (Pickering's client) David Teague?

How stupid does Pickering's look know. Cripps has won two Charlie's since Teague left.
Cripps has been an incredibly influential player in Carlton's recent history - on and off the field. He's grown so much as a player and a leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow - Congratulations Patrick Cripps Dual Brownlow Medallist 🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back