Prediction 2024 Brownlow Medal contenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely agree... great midfielder, but 3x Brownlow Medallist Lachie Neale just ain't right. He'd be a lock Hall of Fame Legend too if that was the case, and he really isn't fitting of being an AFL Legend
The thing is had Cripps not had his suspension somewhat luckily overturned in 2022, Neale would already be a triple Brownlow medallist shooting for a 4th

Sounds like a child’s post.

After his last 2 seasons , to say Daicos should not win a Brownlow is a ridiculous thing to say. He would of won last year if not cruelled by injury late in the season.

I think if he salutes this year it would be fantastic and certainly very well deserved.

Not many would begrudge him, apart from the “anti-Collingwood” nuffies, you wouldn’t be one of them by chance ?
Defo a deserving winner in anyones eyes who is serious about footy

Cripps and Daicos will battle it out, If Cripps grabs the 3 against the Saints then id reckon he be more a chance. Neale is also a high chance after the big game he had against Essendon due to him being known for a ball magnet against them. Gulden too far behind and Butters a solid chance for top 5. Bont is around that bubble but will come top 3, I reckon he is 3 votes behind Neale and 4-5 behind Nick and Cripps.

What I would love to see is how much Sheezel and Anderson poll. Both have had outstanding years and Ando has been better at home but still a future winner same as our boy Sheez.
Think Cripps’ 3rd has done enough for at least a vote and probably 2, could be 3 if he can get going in this last too

If he polls at all today I think he wins, but if it’s 1 it could still be shared as I don’t know if he has a lead on Daicos right now or not

Bigfooty: Where it’s socially acceptable to say Neale, a contested beast who has had a good season doesn’t deserve a brownlow but not socially acceptable to say Daicos, an uncontested squib who has also had a good season doesn’t deserve it.

Never change folks. Never change.

Bigfooty: Where it’s socially acceptable to say Neale, a contested beast who has had a good season doesn’t deserve a brownlow but not socially acceptable to say Daicos, an uncontested squib who has also had a good season doesn’t deserve it.

Never change folks. Never change.
Maybe actually watch some football clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to eligibility, could you make it that intentional acts disqualify you, but reckless is still eligible?

Or the game could try acting like a professional sport rather than maintain these archaic bush league traditions and just scrap the ridiculous notion that being 'fair' has anything to do with being good. The whole concept is stupid.

Anyone who does something particularly heinous is going to miss 5+ weeks and probably not win anyway.

I only saw bits and pieces of the Carlton v. St. Kilda game yesterday, most importantly Higgins last minute goal (lol)....

Did Cripps do enough to get the 3 votes? If not, who gets the votes ahead of him?
Cripps had another great game - every chance to get the 3 votes.

Hewitt & Newman also played well & could be given BOG also.

Given St. Kilda won, anyone from the Saints in the mix for the 3, given if there are even performances the players from the winning team generally get the nod?
Nobody really stood out for the saints.

Possibly Sinclair a chance for a vote.

Blues had top 4 possession winners - all 30+.

Newman
Hewett
Walsh
Cripps

Sinclair next best on 28.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2024 Brownlow Medal contenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back