Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd was another player that got a second medal undeservedly.

There is a reason coaches allow players like Judd and Cripps to get the ball, their not as damaging as other players. But the umpires think they're the best.
Yeh Cripps doesn't get tagged or have a run with role against him at all lol

That’s rubbish, Cripps has dominated plenty of times to either drag us over the line in games or drag us back into a game.

As someone else said, people are making out it’s like Matt Priddis 2.0

I’d love for you to show all these comments that say Cripps doesn’t deserve the Brownlow.

Oh wait, there is none.

They're right, so calling them an idiot, makes you a bigger one in reality.
If you think no one cares about Cripps getting 30 touches, well you just joined him

Someone tell me how it was better than both of these seasons.

View attachment 2119928

View attachment 2119929

Ablett 2010. 31 touches and 2 goals H&A. Franklin 2008 4.5 goals a game which is 1990s levels.
Neither even won it in those two years. Lost to inferior seasons from Judd and Cooney respectively. Oh and were 19 and 23 votes lower than Cripps in 2024.

Geelong a much better side in 2010 than Carlton, more players taking votes off Ablett.

Buddy, forwards never win it anyway and the side won the flag and had lots of other good players taking votes.

I don’t think it’s news that the Brownlow voting is flawed, I was saying it to a mate last week and have been for years.

I don't care who won the Brownlow, Diacos a far better player than Cripps. Nobody really cares if Cripps racks up 30 possies.

Blokes like Diacos, Bont etc can just rip the game away from you with batches of brilliance. All the best players Ablett jnr, Dusty have this ability. I would throw Heeney, Warner into that mix also.

As good as Cripps is he just isn't that type of player. Not damaging enough.
Wouldn't even get a game with the Saints then eh??

To those that are whinging about the Cripps' win, unless you have watched every Carlton game this season (highly doubt), you don't know shit so stop whinging.

Geelong a much better side in 2010 than Carlton, more players taking votes off Ablett.

Buddy, forwards never win it anyway and the side won the flag and had lots of other good players taking votes.

I don’t think it’s news that the Brownlow voting is flawed, I was saying it to a mate last week and have been for years.
The Brownlow has always been flawed but since they took the phones & stats away from the umpires their has been a lot of howlers, again not saying Cripps doesn't deserve it he 100% does but I even thought Daicos polled way too high, The pies didn't play finals for the lols, if you are going to poll 38 votes you better be at least taking your team to finals especially when they won the flag the year before they can't be that bad of a list.

Great work Cripps, may of taken the throne for Northampton King off Josh Kennedy for this!

Aquinas producing their second dual Brownlow medalist.

You can't compare the NBA to us.

The MVP award gets handed out by journalists who give their top 5 players at the end of the season and don't hand out votes on a game by game basis like we do.

Maybe that is a better system as it takes out irregularities like receiving votes in a game when a player is clearly undeserving.

Soccer is the same as well, it isn’t like English premier league player of the season goes to some end of season count.

Imagine if they did what we do in the afl for a count in the NBA with an 82 game season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires can’t even identify players correctly let alone BOG. I’m convinced they confused Amon and Impey

Round 9 - Hawthorn vs Bulldogs
  • Amon - 15 disposals, 0 coaches votes, 2 Brownlow votes
  • Impey - 29 disposals, 9 coaches votes, 0 Brownlow votes
How is this possible?

Karl sounds nothing like Jarman
Amon sounds nothing like Impey
One wears #10, one wears #4

Do they just look at a bloke and think "yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen him running around in a Port jumper, it must be player X"?

To those that are whinging about the Cripps' win, unless you have watched every Carlton game this season (highly doubt), you don't know shit so stop whinging.
I must admit surprisingly it's been fairly good in here, most questioning the overall numbers rather than the result. Just a really small select group of oxygen thieves taking the result hard for some reason and sinking the boots in.

The Gold Coast fan having an absolute meltdown is particularly perplexing. But such is the internet.

Dusty in 2017 was statistically worse than Dangerfield in every meaningful category. Cripps 2024 is better than Dusty 2017.

Every meaningful category … except:

Metres gained : 482 v 439
Centre clearances: 3.4 v 2.9
Inside 50’s : 6.0 v 5.3
Goal assists : 1.2 v 0.8
Score Inv : 9.0 v 8.0
Involved % team scores : 35.2% v 31.6%

And Martin won AFL MVP, Coaches award and basically every other award that exists in 2017 - then capped it off with the Gary Ayres award, a Norm Smith and a flag.

So you mean better in every meaningful
category … except a whole massive heap of meaningful categories. Good one champ.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Judd was out and out a better player than Cripps. Maybe it was just the level at the time. Maybe it’s just me being an old fart. But it’s Judd for me. If I was a blues supporter it’d be nice to reflect on a two time Brownlow winning premiership player when he hangs them up

A flag win would really cap things off for Cripps, but that isn’t necessarily totally in his control.

I believe as of 2 years ago umpires don’t get stats any more. Or access to their phones. That’s why we saw what we did tonight with 45 and 38 votes, because lower profile players rarely vote as umpires don’t notice them and don’t get stats to see who dominated. And they can’t see stats to correct errors like giving Cripps 2 votes against Essendon when he had 19 with 1 effective kick for the match - and just 3 clearances.

It’s also why Neale won in 2023, despite not making AA and being a rank outsider. He just kept polling as umpires were not noticing anyone else and didn’t have stats to help them spread some votes around.

So the problem is the umpires are dumb asses who only know a handful of players?

I reckon if you think really, really hard you might know the answer.

Something to do with the rest of the team?

Same as Bob Skilton winning 3 and hardly ever playing a final.

Except your team has 2 Coleman medallists and about 7 x AA’s in it.

If Cripps was as dominant a player as 45 votes suggests, Carlton don’t finish 8th and get flogged in an EF.

He was a worthy winner, but 45 votes is a joke… everyone knows that.

Judd was another player that got a second medal undeservedly.

There is a reason coaches allow players like Judd and Cripps to get the ball, their not as damaging as other players. But the umpires think they're the best.

Yeah no one ever tries to stop Cripps and never tried to stop Judd either.

Soccer is the same as well, it isn’t like English premier league player of the season goes to some end of season count.

Imagine if they did what we do in the afl for a count in the NBA with an 82 game season!

The first Brownlow medal had 16 games, now we have 23 games a season, and they're talking about increasing it. Not too mention, the Brownlow medal doesn't take into account THE MOST IMPORTANT GAMES OF THE SEASON.

I’d love for you to show all these comments that say Cripps doesn’t deserve the Brownlow.

Oh wait, there is none.

A fair few are saying he’s just some stat padder, majority aren’t.

I do agree with the general consensus the voting has gone to new levels of stupid with its midfield centric voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back