Analysis 2024 Brownlow medal - Our boy Nick

Remove this Banner Ad

Not an actual fan of the Brownlow.
It’s an award voted for by the guys and girls we spend all year abusing as not knowing the game. So what’s its real value?
Nick has already got the coaches award. Which does have great value and should be looked upon by the media as the prestigious award it is.
But the media……….
The Brownlow medal is clearly the most prestigious award in the game.

I genuinely smashed a TV once. The batteries were going flat and i was shaking the shit out of it and it slipped. The missus still thinks that's a load of shit. After all the Collingwood finals heartbreak it survived what a pathetic way to go out
Kicked a TV over in 1980 when Kerry Good kicked that goal to beat us in the 1980 Night Grand Final. As the ball sailed through the goals my foot sailed through the bottom of the tele.

For the stats fans, by the end of this year's count, Nick will move into 7th place for best afield brownlow votes of Collingwood players all time - 4 x BOGs will see him pass his father. Has some chance of moving into equal 6th and 5th, but would require 8 or 9 BOG performances.
The stat I love is that Nick is already the best votes per game player in the comp after just 2 seasons which is crazy. Usually the first 2 season for even the mids who become great are just a handful of vote.

History wise Haydon Bunton on 1.04 votes per game over his career and Graham Moss 0.95 are the only 2 ahead of him. Both cut shorts their careers in their prime which helped this stat. No one in the modern game has been anywhere near Nicks 0.92 votes per game after 2 seasons

Tonight if Nick gets 26 votes he joins Bunton as the only player i history averaging 1 votes per game or better. If he gets to 29 votes he will go past Bunton onto 1.06 votes per game. 33 votes would take him past 1.1 votes per game a long way if front of any recent player. Given his career is in its infancy, he is likely to push this number fair bit higher yet and is likely, already, to finish his career as the Brownlow king.

I’ll join that list too - what was the joke?
3a9f10db-5ecf-43c6-9548-7b11688ee8a2_text.gif

So are we going to get the trifecta tonight…. RUNNER-UP in all of Brownlow, GOTY and MOTY??? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just imagine the salt if we happen to win all three instead.

himalayan salt rmsc GIF by Rocky Mountain Soap Co.

I am really confident for Nick tonight. He almost certainly wins last year without the late injury. He was clearly leading at that time and still finished the highest votes per game player. This year he has been better, he has played every game, the umpires appreciate his game (deerrr, everyone should), he has been more mid and has kicked more goals, he has won the AFLCA and the Age and ABC awards (I dont know any other media results) so objectively has been the best player for the year

He will win the Copeland and he is dual AA. He is clearly the best player in the comp the last 2 years based on the AFLCA votes, no one gets near him. I think he is clearly the best performed player over the last 2 seasons. I expect late tonight we should be able to say "Nick Daicos would almost certainly be a 2 time Brownlow medalist after 3 seasons in the game if he didnt get injured late season in 2023".

Its a freaky record after 3 seasons.

The stat I love is that Nick is already the best votes per game player in the comp after just 2 seasons which is crazy. Usually the first 2 season for even the mids who become great are just a handful of vote.

History wise Haydon Bunton on 1.04 votes per game over his career and Graham Moss 0.95 are the only 2 ahead of him. Both cut shorts their careers in their prime which helped this stat. No one in the modern game has been anywhere near Nicks 0.92 votes per game after 2 seasons

Tonight if Nick gets 26 votes he joins Bunton as the only player i history averaging 1 votes per game or better. If he gets to 29 votes he will go past Bunton onto 1.06 votes per game. 33 votes would take him past 1.1 votes per game a long way if front of any recent player. Given his career is in its infancy, he is likely to push this number fair bit higher yet and is likely, already, to finish his career as the Brownlow king.

Not good enough , needs more hitouts and contested marks to be considered in top echelon

I am really confident for Nick tonight. He almost certainly wins last year without the late injury. He was clearly leading at that time and still finished the highest votes per game player. This year he has been better, he has played every game, the umpires appreciate his game (deerrr, everyone should), he has been more mid and has kicked more goals, he has won the AFLCA and the Age and ABC awards (I dont know any other media results) so objectively has been the best player for the year

He will win the Copeland and he is dual AA. He is clearly the best player in the comp the last 2 years based on the AFLCA votes, no one gets near him. I think he is clearly the best performed player over the last 2 seasons. I expect late tonight we should be able to say "Nick Daicos would almost certainly be a 2 time Brownlow medalist after 3 seasons in the game if he didnt get injured late season in 2023".

It will depend if he polls well in the games we lost.
We will have a fair idea after round 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are witnessing close to one-of-a-kind type of player. He is something special , when you start listing accolades like you have

It will depend if he polls well in the games we lost.
We will have a fair idea after round 3.

Not sure the first 2 games is a good sample though. GWS beat us pretty easily as did Sydney. I'm more interested in the Brisbane game. If he doesn't get votes in that game then he most likely wont win.

Not sure the first 2 games is a good sample though. GWS beat us pretty easily as did Sydney. I'm more interested in the Brisbane game. If he doesn't get votes in that game then he most likely wont win.
He could poll in the GWS game. Hopefully gets 3 against Brisbane but could get 2 behind Neale.

He plays an eye-catching, vote gathering style you'd assume. High workrate, brilliant disposal, freak goals.

100% Harley wins goal of the year

Not because it was the best goal, but because it's a first year player kicking a great goal amongst two Collingwood nominations so our votes will be split and everyone else will vote Harley

Mark of the year I'm not as certain

Gut still says Elliott and Hill will split votes and there'll be enough non-Collingwood people voting Dursma out of spite to make sure a Collingwood player doesn't win. But Dursma's mark is objectively inferior to Hill and Jamie's
Everything's a freaking conspiracy, hey.

I reckon those at AFL House deliberately put in two Collingwood noms because they knew the votes would be split and Reid would be the winner by default. /s

Maybe, just maybe, Daicos' goals were great and, in many eyes, Reid's was just a tad better.

Everything's a freaking conspiracy, hey.

I reckon those at AFL House deliberately put in two Collingwood noms because they knew the votes would be split and Reid would be the winner by default. /s

Maybe, just maybe, Daicos' goals were great and, in many eyes, Reid's was just a tad better.
Krak beating Walker that year was glorious fore the Carlton sooking

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 Brownlow medal - Our boy Nick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back