Analysis 2024 Brownlow medal - Our boy Nick

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not realistically expecting a forward of back to win it.

But they barely even get votes. Ditto ruckmen. Darcy Cameron was borderline All Australian and didn't get ONE vote?
Ruckman used to poll very well and quite a few won it...Wynd, Stines, Moore, Round, Teasdale, Moss Dempsey, Thommo

Interesting that they have gone out of favour.

Ruckman used to poll very well and quite a few won it...Wynd, Stines, Moore, Round, Teasdale, Moss Dempsey, Thommo

Interesting that they have gone out of favour.
Gawn got 20 and Grundy 17 back in 2018.

Anyone else find Rebecca Madden’s comment to Elliott to “come back alive” from Vegas pretty poor?
I did in hindsight. But at the time I didn’t even notice. I’m positive she wouldn’t not have even been referring to what everyone is thinking and it was just a throwaway line about footy trips and Vegas. As expected all the perfect people in society that have never slipped up once in their life are calling for her to be publicly assassinated

I did in hindsight. But at the time I didn’t even notice. I’m positive she wouldn’t not have even been referring to what everyone is thinking and it was just a throwaway line about footy trips and Vegas. As expected all the perfect people in society that have never slipped up once in their life are calling for her to be publicly assassinated
It just looked like a case of nerves to me.

And we still slap on the back people who start wars?...but we stone rebecca...i'm so glad that we're purging the world of evil.. but i'll bite my tongue because that kind of talk is unacceptable

It just looked like a case of nerves to me.
Of course. Drives me mental seeing articles today “Viewers demand apology from 7 over Madden comments”. What sort of fragile state are you in if you need a TV station to apologise to you about a comment that was a slip of the tongue. I’m more offended about the way 7 take 27 hours to read out 23 rounds of ****n Brownlow votes

Fair call. She seems like a decent person. Just a slip of the tongue.

Of course. Drives me mental seeing articles today “Viewers demand apology from 7 over Madden comments”. What sort of fragile state are you in if you need a TV station to apologise to you about a comment that was a slip of the tongue. I’m more offended about the way 7 take 27 hours to read out 23 rounds of ****n Brownlow votes

keep in mind that there are thousands of people watching the telecast and of these, a couple of them want attention and need to feel important....we should pity them and send out some form of psych counselling....and maybe some strong drugs to sedate them

It was just a joke FFS and clearly not meant to offend. Some people need to get a serious grip.
I don’t think she actually thought much about what she said at all. Was just small talk banter stuff.

Our brains went to J Mac and so it seems in poor taste but I’m sure she didn’t mean anything by it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was just a joke FFS and clearly not meant to offend. Some people need to get a serious grip.
Maybe they already are and that’s part of the problem.
It’s a throw away line that’s been around forever.

It was a joke in poor taste. Her mouth was running ahead of her brain.

her comment reminded me of a bloke that i know who went on a work trip and got a heart attack.... hopefully i'll get a written apology from rebecca..

Only in poor taste if she had McCarthy in mind when she said it.

Which of course she didn't.
She was interviewing a Collingwood player going to Vegas. If she had her time again, she wouldn’t say it.

Should she apologise?

No, I don’t think so. It was unintentional.

I will say though that the coverage was pretty poor, particularly Hamish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 Brownlow medal - Our boy Nick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back