Brownlow 2024 Brownlow watch

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Should be an interesting count for our club tomorrow night. Rowelly got off to a hot start this season and will likely be up there in the leaderboard in the early rounds and Noah had a pretty good year too. They suspect Rowell and Anderson will both poll around 20 Brownlow votes this year. Then we've got Flanders who will also poll well in the latter half of the year and could get as many as 15ish votes. I don't think any of our big 3 will genuinely be contending for the medal this year, but I'd love to be wrong and see Noah/Rowelly right up there for most of the count. I've been wrong before so here's hoping!

What are you most looking forward to at the Brownlow count tomorrow night?

Should be an interesting count for our club tomorrow night. Rowelly got off to a hot start this season and will likely be up there in the leaderboard in the early rounds and Noah had a pretty good year too. They suspect Rowell and Anderson will both poll around 20 Brownlow votes this year. Then we've got Flanders who will also poll well in the latter half of the year and could get as many as 15ish votes. I don't think any of our big 3 will genuinely be contending for the medal this year, but I'd love to be wrong and see Noah/Rowelly right up there for most of the count. I've been wrong before so here's hoping!

Brownlow is so biased towards midfielders. I lost interest. All I look forward now is trade and draft. It will be a long 6 months before round 1.

AFL website predictor

Brownlow Predictor: After R6​

12 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)*
12 Connor Rozee (Port Adelaide)
9 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
9 Matt Rowell (Gold Coast)
8 Christian Petracca (Melbourne)

Brownlow Predictor: After R10​

22 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)*
14 Zak Butters (Port Adelaide)
13 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
12 Matt Rowell (Gold Coast)
12 Caleb Serong (Fremantle)

But after that, tempers off.

Highest polling first-year player​

8 Harley Reid (West Coast)*
3 Darcy Wilson (St Kilda)
2 Colby McKercher (North Melbourne)
2 Caleb Windsor (Melbourne)
1 Sam Clohesy (Gold Coast)

I think a 3 way tie would be a fair representation of the even season, like bucks, roo and goodes back in the day. Crippa, Bont and Daicos would be cool to see.

Also want to see Heeney leading before his suspension for the reality tv drama.

Noah polls well, and played well at home when we won so i expect him to lead our boys

AFL website predictor

Brownlow Predictor: After R6​

12 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)*
9 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
9 Matt Rowell (Gold Coast)
8 Christian Petracca (Melbourne)

Brownlow Predictor: After R10​

22 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)*
14 Zak Butters (Port Adelaide)
13 Patrick Cripps (Carlton)
12 Matt Rowell (Gold Coast)
12 Caleb Serong (Fremantle)

But after that, tempers off.
Thanks for that. I still think Rowell had some decent games where he could poll beyond R10 e.g R11 win over Geelong in Darwin where Rowell had 35 disposals, 8 clearances, 10 tackles and a goal / R13 win over Essendon where he had 26 disposals, 8 clearances & 11 tackles and I'm fairly sure he had two or three big games in the last month or so of the season. So if he's sitting on 12 votes by R10 and he polls another 10-12 votes over the second half of the season then you're looking at a mid-20s number for Rowell. That's potentially a top 5 finish for Rowell, certainly top 10.

I still think Noah is our best bet in terms of potentially being up there in the count. He's expect to poll in 10-12 games and some of those were definitely 3 vote games. So if he polls really well and he gets an average of 2.5 votes per game then you're looking at somewhere between 25-30 votes on the night. 30 votes gives you a chance considering Daicos and Cripps are predicted to win it with 33 votes.

In the end, the factor that will probably cost Rowell / Anderson a shot at winning at winning a Brownlow this year is Sam Flanders taking votes off them. That's how the cookie crumbles, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back