List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get how? Our list is down with heaps of cloggers still there. We need players and for the first time we have a chance to bring in a lot in one hit. Gifting 3 early picks for 1 just doesn't make sense. I know we are stupid enough to do that and probably will but I just hope note, use all our picks to what is best around otherwise a quick turnaround ohh well we shell see.
It’s not 3 for 1 as North future pick 1 is included. Just delayed 12 mths. I see your point and yes we do have quite a few list cloggers but the National draft is not the only mechanism for the club to bring in replacements for these list cloggers. We’ll see the club probably rookie one or two players. There will be the preseason draft and the club will invite a couple of train on players. Good players are found later. Eg. Seth Campbell. The most important thing is that the club understands fully the gravity of our list and has a clear plan in place to replace these fringe types/cloggers. Trading pick 6 and two later picks (not10 & 11) for north 2 and F1 I think allows the club to choose from a higher level group of kids. I doubt that North would except that anyway.

Who would have to be at that pick for you to do it?
Jagga. Would do it for Draper too but why would the Crows.

I think there is a top 4 (5 or 6 if you like Langford or Smillie) with a better higher upside top 2 within that. But yeah I'm only doing it for a 20's pick at a stretch.

If Richmond trades up to pick 2 then whoever is taken at 6 and 18* are likely going to be the guns so I reckon we stay as-is. We need to outsmart the footy gods here and double bluff.
I'm starting to become more fascinated by a Lalor/Jagga or Lalor/Smilie/Langford combination.....

getting personal mate doesnt work, go have a long walk and have a look at yourself
Not personal at all. I was merely pointing out that a certain type of behaviour would make one look foolish. If you interpret that as a personal attack then you accept that you engaged in said behaviour.

Here is me getting personal for comparison. I would surprised if you made it this far into my post since it is more than two sentences long, though if you have made it this far make sure you thank your carer for me. Having to explain simple concepts and moderate your foolishness is a duty beyond the scope of her regular duties for you.

See the difference?

Getting Jagga in means there'll be so much more patience with Lalor from fans and the media.
I back us in not to rush a guy like Lalor anyway, but with an uber consistent player like Jagga racking them up probably pretty early on delays the pressure for output on a guy who hasn't had a footy preseason in his life.

Shouldn't be piling on 18-20 year olds to perform anyway, but it's how it goes in the media, they'll be keen to create the narrative. 'Richmond: 7 first-round misses'. Also we've got some impatient pessimistic fans that are coming out of the woodwork again.

Also Jagga is a gun, could easily be the best player of the draft/top 10. Won't be the worst that's for sure. Perfect for our midfield balance.

Side side note: rucks take years to develop so why waste first rounders on them but we're in an interesting position with as many firsts as we have, I don't mind the idea of Dodson, developing him, he's an incredible athlete and 204cm. Imagine a decade of our midfield group building chemistry. Like how Clarry knew where Gawn was putting it before Gawn even knew. If he was Metro I'd be all for it. Could be 4 years of developing him and then watching him go do that for Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jagga. Would do it for Draper too but why would the Crows.

I think there is a top 4 (5 or 6 if you like Langford or Smillie) with a better higher upside top 2 within that. But yeah I'm only doing it for a 20's pick at a stretch.

So going up to 4 with 11 or trading back with gws for 16 + 21 or dogs 17 + 25?

Or go both ways with one of 10/11 forward to 4 and the other back? Or just stay?

I’m almost inclined to do both if we want Jagga/Draper enough, though I do love that group around 10.

So going up to 4 with 11 or trading back with gws for 16 + 21 or dogs 17 + 25?

Or go both ways with one of 10/11 forward to 4 and the other back? Or just stay?

I’m almost inclined to do both if we want Jagga/Draper enough, though I do love that group around 10.
Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Getting Jagga in means there'll be so much more patience with Lalor from fans and the media.
I back us in not to rush a guy like Lalor anyway, but with an uber consistent player like Jagga racking them up probably pretty early on delays the pressure for output on a guy who hasn't had a footy preseason in his life.

Shouldn't be piling on 18-20 year olds to perform anyway, but it's how it goes in the media, they'll be keen to create the narrative. 'Richmond: 7 first-round misses'. Also we've got some impatient pessimistic fans that are coming out of the woodwork again.

Also Jagga is a gun, could easily be the best player of the draft/top 10. Won't be the worst that's for sure. Perfect for our midfield balance.

Side side note: rucks take years to develop so why waste first rounders on them but we're in an interesting position with as many firsts as we have, I don't mind the idea of Dodson, developing him, he's an incredible athlete and 204cm. Imagine a decade of our midfield group building chemistry. Like how Clarry knew where Gawn was putting it before Gawn even knew. If he was Metro I'd be all for it. Could be 4 years of developing him and then watching him go do that for Adelaide.
ive filled out my ballot and posted it

lalor and jagga it is

Richmond should never choose a player based on fans impatience.

I was thinking that a tall forward was right at the top of our list and could go early and take the best available.

None of them scream take me from what I have seen. We have Fawcett, Lefau, Bauer and Gray or our list, all basically unknown how good they will be. Lefau was impressive and looks like he could play CHF due to his athleticism, Bauer was very impressive in his little cameo at the end. Fawcett and Gray will get games you would think this year.

I would also like to see what players who read the ball in the air like Young and even Blight could do up forward. Gibcus could end up there.

So do we wait a year and go early on the best young forward next year after we have had a look at what we've got. Not much point in having a good handful of forwards running around the VFL and then adding another one.

Richmond should never choose a player based on fans impatience.
The focus is on development, if you've got a group all significantly miles off in their development there's less probability of any of them coming through. We're rebuilding, there's things like this you unfortunately consider. It's a balancing act. GWS back when they entered the comp would've been considering raw prospects alongside guys with a higher floor.

I'm saying the pressure only gets heavier and heavier if you've got a group of 7 raw prospects yielding no results. Obviously don't have access to the psych reports, but they're a bunch of kids, thats what Richmond should consider a long with a lot of things, when drafting a player.

I was thinking that a tall forward was right at the top of our list and could go early and take the best available.

None of them scream take me from what I have seen. We have Fawcett, Lefau, Bauer and Gray or our list, all basically unknown how good they will be. Lefau was impressive and looks like he could play CHF due to his athleticism, Bauer was very impressive in his little cameo at the end. Fawcett and Gray will get games you would think this year.

I would also like to see what players who read the ball in the air like Young and even Blight could do up forward. Gibcus could end up there.

So do we wait a year and go early on the best young forward next year after we have had a look at what we've got. Not much point in having a good handful of forwards running around the VFL and then adding another one.
Think we will just trade for our #1 KPF in this build. Let another club take the punt with their early picks. We probably still take one though given we have 8 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back